Pan-Asian, Japan, 30 player HWW

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Comrade genz wrote:

Chimere wrote:

Mixing militia (aka the slowest unit in the game, stealthy, only somehow competent against infantry) with armored cars (aka the fastest unit in the game, not stealthy, very competent against infantry) is a terrible idea.
      not mixing. Armore car for offensive and milita for defence.
      The question was "what is a great stack to do".

Even then, if the other side comes with light or medium armors, your militia and armored cars will just die.
    • Larry is god lol lol wrote:

Comrade genz wrote:

Larry is god lol lol wrote:

godofthegame2 wrote:

I have armored cars lvl 3. Why milita. I’m on the offense right now in thats world.
      sp artillery sp anti air light and med tanks and armored cars.
      armored cars? That's a fast unit! Rest of them are slow, so no need
      wrong don’t listen to him.
      lol, what an answer! Armored car is fast and rest are slow, and I proved it to you and you just say wrong, no don't listen.
    • Regarding on how to use the Pan-Asia doctrine as Japan in 30p HWW, here's a few takes:

Japan has a pretty terrible economy compared to the other superpowers, but it is enough to build up a decently-sized army early game.

EARLY GAME:

In HWW, if I recall correctly, Japan has many ships spreaded out, a small airforce, and an even smaller army (in terms of coverage) in their lands. I would suggest using this period to mass produce infantry, artillery, and decide between airforce or navy (suggest navy). This way, you can allocate more resources without a particular shortage for one while a huge surplus for the other. Note Pan-Asia buffs infantry, so that's even better. However, this would not be enough, as your neighbor China has a larger economy and will soon outnumber you if in the hands of a competent player.

EARLY-MID GAME:

Begin focusing on airforce, utilizing interceptor buff and upgrade tacs and/or attack bombers to level 3 (you start with lvl 2 tacs on day 1 I think). Because your neighbor, China, has axis doctrine, it would likely mean more tanks or motor.inf. Assuming you want to attack China, I would suggest a concentrated approach, focusing on the cities instead of attacking throughout the entire wide front to minimize your numerical disadvantage. Because China is mostly forests and hills, your infantry terrain bonus would help a lot. Use your navy to bombard port cities like Shanghai and put your stronger land units on a push inland with weaker units, supported by the navy, pushing along the coast. Depending on your allies, you can get them to help invade China as well. Ideally, try to capture the capital, Chengdu, within a day to stop rebellions, but if that's not possible, stop at the major cities like Xi'an an Shanghai to prevent rebellions before another push the next day.

MID-LATE GAME:

Assuming you took out China, which gives you a HUGE economic boost by the way, you should now have enough resources to develop a far larger army. I would suggest allying with the USSR as Siberia is pretty empty and isn't worth the conquest. This leaves you with Southeast Asia. By this time, you should have a large, advanced navy, which would greatly help your conquest of the islands in the region. Contrary to what others said, I would NOT suggest researching land units beyond a level of 3 or 4, with the exception of armored cars or artillery. Why, you may ask? Armored cars, although their speed is pretty much negated in an island conquest situation, would work wonders for larger islands like Sumatra or peninsulas like French Indochina or British Malaya. With ample naval and air support, you can very well conquer Burma, Indochina, and Siam all within a day, capturing Bangkok last for the capturing-capital morale boost. You should also prepare to invade the Philippines, as it would be very inconvenient for a large American force in the middle of your empire.

LATE GAME:

By this time, assuming many players are active (which doesn't happen often, sadly) and your allies are competent, protecting your western frontier, you can focus on Australia and/or the USA. You might have already clashed with Australia when conquering the Dutch East Indies, and by this time, with the Pan-Asia buff, your navy should be unparalleled. You should also focus on naval bombers by this point, pairing them with interceptors to deal massive damage to enemy naval units. I forgot to mention this earlier, but carriers are also very important for a long-distance conquest to transport your planes. Level them up to about lvl 3 or 4, which means a capacity of 6 or 8. Form a carrier transport line from your production centers to the front, protected by various naval units (I suggest destroyers to scout out subs). Since Australia has a large land mass, this would be when your armored cars would come into play. Ideally, I would suggest homogenous groups of air units (10 units of interceptors/tacs/attack bombers) with a stack or two of naval units (each stack: 4 bbs, 3 cas, 3 dds) to clear out the coast. Then, send the armored cars, protected of course with naval and air units in whatever stack combination you desire and completely overrun Australia in a few days. Now, granted, if Australia defences are very strong, you may need more naval units to battle Australian ships first, but with the Pan-Asia doctrine, the battleship buff should make it easier.

For the invasion of the Philippines, it would require more naval support and nearly no aerial support other than interceptors and naval bombers, both of which have the Pan-Asia buff. Since battleships can cover, I believe, every province in the Philippines, you can simply bomb the hell out of the defending troops before sending a small number of land units to the Philippines. It is now when your navy is most important. Having a large navy is essential to protect your vast island empire, and slowly, with your carrier transport chain, you can slowly push east and eventually reach the US west coast.

SUMMARY:
      Troop research recommendations - battleship > interceptor > cruiser = destroyer (up to lvl 4 is fine) > naval bomber = carrier (carrier can be lvl 3 or 4) > tac = attack bomber > armored cars = arti/sp arti > other units.
      EXCEPTION: if you like to use subs, you can replace destroyers with subs and scout with interceptor/naval bomber instead
      Troop stack recommendation: Naval - 4 bb/3 ca/3 dd (for a stack of 10), Air - 10 int/tac/atk/nav
      Allies recommendation (assuming all are equally skilled): USSR > Xinjiang = Tibet > India > Britain = France > other nations > Manchukuo = Australia = China (you can't avoid coming to blows with the first two, and the latter is essential for economic boost)
      Conquest path recommendation: Manchukuo/China (always these two first in no particular order) -> Southeast Asia -> Dutch East Indies -> Philippines/Australia -> whatever you like
      Alternative conquest path, assuming you allied with Australia/USA for whatever reason and failed to ally with USSR: Manchukuo/China -> USSR far east -> Xinjiang/Tibet -> India -> rest of USSR -> whatever you like. Do not recommend this path as it is a lot of land warfare, which negates the amazing naval buff of Pan-Asia.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)