Introduction of Wargoals/CBs and treaties

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Introduction of Wargoals/CBs and treaties

I think the implementation of CBs would make the game a lot more fair. Right now it's really ridiculous for countries to be able to declare war for no reason and betrayals are way too easy. This isn't a good experience for all in general. With CBs this can be eliminated as you won't suddenly get invaded by a country. In terms of how to generate CBs I've thought of 2 main ways, the first one would be in the case of an ally being attacked, and you get a wargoal on the country attacking you. The second one would be to manually justify one, which may take time depending on the type of wargoal you want.
      Treaties or peace deals would eliminate the border gores that we currently see in game. Treaties can go by when a country get's all its territories conquered, and the land would be split up by the winning side. Depending on the wargoal, you might be able to have claims on certain ones and it will make it easier for you to get those provinces. This is just a brief draft of my ideas, any comments are welcomed.
    • There are literally SO many declarations in this period without any CB... and not just by Germany (Poland, Denmark/Norway/Belgium/Netherlands/Luxemburg 1940, Yugoslavia 1941, USSR 1941, Vichy France 1942) but also USSR (Poland 1939, Finland/Baltic states/Moldavia 1940), Finland/Hungary/Romania (USSR 1941), Italy (Greece 1941, Germany 1943), Japan (just about everyone, 1941), Bulgary/Romania/Hungary changing sides late in the war... sure, some of these can be argued about, but in general, casus belli were really not relevant anymore in this era.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • MuffinTomatoes wrote:

I think the implementation of CBs would make the game a lot more fair. Right now it's really ridiculous for countries to be able to declare war for no reason and betrayals are way too easy. This isn't a good experience for all in general. With CBs this can be eliminated as you won't suddenly get invaded by a country. In terms of how to generate CBs I've thought of 2 main ways, the first one would be in the case of an ally being attacked, and you get a wargoal on the country attacking you. The second one would be to manually justify one, which may take time depending on the type of wargoal you want.
      Treaties or peace deals would eliminate the border gores that we currently see in game. Treaties can go by when a country get's all its territories conquered, and the land would be split up by the winning side. Depending on the wargoal, you might be able to have claims on certain ones and it will make it easier for you to get those provinces. This is just a brief draft of my ideas, any comments are welcomed.
      I think the main justification for declaring war in this game is the fact that it's a RTS war game.

Besides, at the start of the game, what kind of CB would you even need to start a war? Everyone is at peace in most maps. This just sounds like being forced to write an excuse for every time someone wants to declare war.

You can agree to split up land with another player without making a game system to make a treaty to do so. Not sure how that would exactly work other than just being a piece of writing anyway. More experienced players don't really care about most rural provinces anyway, especially in 1.5.
      Officer of The Golden Spire (March 2021 - April 2022)
      Secretary of the Secretary of Nova0213