Pinned The Open Bar Chatroom

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Talvisota wrote:

Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

It is his political opinion. Respect it, at the end of the day Salazar wasn't a genocidal beast like Hitler or Stalin.
      At leastism isn't good in my opinion. He was absolutely desperate to retain Portugal's colonialist empire, a massive racist, and murdered hos political opponents. Endorsement of Salazar goes beyond politics.
      The discussion seems to be over, they have deleted their messages.
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • Talvisota wrote:

At leastism isn't good in my opinion. He was absolutely desperate to retain Portugal's colonialist empire, a massive racist, and murdered hos political opponents. Endorsement of Salazar goes beyond politics.
      He wasn't racist? You can't just lie to prove your point....
      He considered everything (the colonies) as a province of Portugal. People from there were part of the government of Portugal and in Parliament, University. Billions of infrastructure were poured in. Half knowledge is deadly.

Churchill is a 'national hero' while Salazar is an evil dictator?
      The Saviour

The post was edited 1 time, last by Claudio NVKP ().

• Claudio NVKP wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

He wasn't racist? You can't just lie to prove your point....He considered everything (the colonies) as a province of Portugal. People from there were part of the government of Portugal and in Parliament, University. Billions of infrastructure were poured in. Half knowledge is deadly.

Churchill is a 'national hero' while Salazar is an evil dictator?
      Churchill is a national hero because he actually defeated the most evil regime the world has ever seen, but is also very widely condemned for his racism. Not to mention that he was democratically elected and toppled, rather than gaining and losing power in military coups, they're just not comparable. Not to mention he didn't murder his political opponents either.
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

It is his political opinion. Respect it, at the end of the day Salazar wasn't a genocidal beast like Hitler or Stalin.
      The discussion seems to be over, they have deleted their messages.
      Fine
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • New

Talvisota wrote:

Churchill is a national hero because he actually defeated the most evil regime the world has ever seen, but is also very widely condemned for his racism. Not to mention that he was democratically elected and toppled, rather than gaining and losing power in military coups, they're just not comparable. Not to mention he didn't murder his political opponents either.
      Salazar wasn't deposed in a Military coup. Also he is also a national hero, you don't get voted as the best person of the country for nothing. Also, I believe Salazar as a person was far better than Churchill.
      The Saviour
    • New

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

Salazar wasn't deposed in a Military coup. Also he is also a national hero, you don't get voted as the best person of the country for nothing. Also, I believe Salazar as a person was far better than Churchill.
      If Salazar is so good then why did he fight multiple wars against people who wanted independence?
    • New

So was Vietnam, just because they are communist does not mean they do not have the people’s support. Often in the developing countries it’s the opposite case. Btw there were apparently examples of segregation and even racism within the Portuguese empire…

Either way, the Portuguese military slaughtered tens of thousands of civilians. You can’t really debate that regardless of your viewpoint.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • New

Any fucking dictator is bad. Authoritarian regimes suck. Anyone who supports any dictator clearly isn’t fully developed in the head. I know you have the right of belief, but holy shit, have some fucking common sense Claudio. Salazar is a horrible person. You’re just practically fucking endorsing him. He’s a horrible horrible man.
      …it’s silly time……….:3
    • New

russ_russ1 wrote:

Any fucking dictator is bad. Authoritarian regimes suck. Anyone who supports any dictator clearly isn’t fully developed in the head. I know you have the right of belief, but holy shit, have some fucking common sense Claudio. Salazar is a horrible person. You’re just practically fucking endorsing him. He’s a horrible horrible man.
      OK, we've heard you the first time. Also, I've literally explained why he wasn't a horrible person.
      The Saviour
    • New

Komrade Khrushchev wrote:

Claudio is racist toward Africans. In one thread I remember he referred to an unspecified African country as “Ongo-Bongoland”
      That is not racism, apparently self-delusion is quite important for you. Anyways, if you are so desperate to call someone racist then go to German homefront thread, you will find someone suitable.
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • New

Claudio NVKP wrote:

russ_russ1 wrote:

OK, we've heard you the first time. Also, I've literally explained why he wasn't a horrible person.
      Claudio trying to defend a horrible dictator POV
      …it’s silly time……….:3