Pinned The Open Bar Chatroom

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

Carking the 6th wrote:

Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

russ_russ1 wrote:

Anyone who idolizes any dictator isn’t right in the head
      No, salazar OP.
      Oh yeah, the guy who idolizes Putin…
      "I won't talk to him(joe) anymore" Lol, that aged badly.
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • New

Talvisota wrote:

Yeah to be fair Claudio, I am a little uncomfortable with you idolising a literal dictator....
      I don't idiolize him? He was my pfp, that doesn't mean he's my idol, and godlike to me?

Well, he was a dictator which meant power was in his hands, but what has he done wrong? Has he commited any war crimes? Genocide? Has he destroyed the country? He pulled a nation out of economic failure and collapse, he modernised the place, kept it out from Spanish annexation, World War 2. He founded NATO, the EFTA.

He gave equal rights to everyone. He wasn't corrupt. He died poor. He was Authoritarian, no one is perfect.

You seem to have a problem with Salazar, but no problem with a person who has their literal account based after Krushchev? Was Krushchev not a dictator?
      The Saviour
    • New

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

Yeah to be fair Claudio, I am a little uncomfortable with you idolising a literal dictator....
      I don't idiolize him? He was my pfp, that doesn't mean he's my idol, and godlike to me?
      Well, he was a dictator which meant power was in his hands, but what has he done wrong? Has he commited any war crimes? Genocide? Has he destroyed the country? He pulled a nation out of economic failure and collapse, he modernised the place, kept it out from Spanish annexation, World War 2. He founded NATO, the EFTA.

He gave equal rights to everyone. He wasn't corrupt. He died poor. He was Authoritarian, no one is perfect.

You seem to have a problem with Salazar, but no problem with a person who has their literal account based after Krushchev? Was Krushchev not a dictator?
      Equal rights until you criticised the government, then that changes drastically.......
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • New

And I can't believe that you just said authoritarianism makes you just a "not perfect" person. Authoritarianism means a whole lot more. And Portugal remained poor compared to the rest of Europe after his premiership. So get this stupid fucking idea that he was somehow "good" when he WAS authoritarian. That trait should be unredeemable. Maybe you would feel differently if you were a family member of one of his opponents. Maybe you'd feel different about it then. Have some empathy.

• New

Talvisota wrote:

And I can't believe that you just said authoritarianism makes you just a "not perfect" person. Authoritarianism means a whole lot more. And Portugal remained poor compared to the rest of Europe after his premiership. So get this stupid fucking idea that he was somehow "good" when he WAS authoritarian. That trait should be unredeemable. Maybe you would feel differently if you were a family member of one of his opponents. Maybe you'd feel different about it then. Have some empathy.
      Opposition parties were allowed to an extent though, it's not that if you're against him, you get myrdered, that is not the case, it was only a single incident. He stabilized the country and improved literacy and economy, what ard uou even talking about? It was due to him that Portugal had social order, and started economic growth snd is not a part of Spain. "Under Salazar, the Portuguese budget went from insolvency to showing a substantial surplus every year from 1928. Portugal's credit worthiness rose in foreign markets and the external floating debt was completely paid".
      The Saviour
    • New

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

Opposition parties were allowed to an extent though, it's not that if you're against him, you get myrdered, that is not the case, it was only a single incident. He stabilized the country and improved literacy and economy, what ard uou even talking about? It was due to him that Portugal had social order, and started economic growth snd is not a part of Spain. "Under Salazar, the Portuguese budget went from insolvency to showing a substantial surplus every year from 1928. Portugal's credit worthiness rose in foreign markets and the external floating debt was completely paid".
      Only one incident, so it's okay then. Frankly, anybody who kills a single one of his political opponents is evil, and deserves to be removed from office, let alone base your entire personality on him.

• New

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

Only one incident, so it's okay then. Frankly, anybody who kills a single one of his political opponents is evil, and deserves to be removed from office, let alone base your entire personality on him.
      look, nobody is perfect, everyone has flaws in one way or the other.
      "Nobody is perfect" is a phrase used to get past small things people have, like being irritable or annoying. If somebody forgets to set their alarm and turn out to school late, if your teacher is nice, they will say "ah well, nobody's perfect". "Nobody's perfect" is not a phrase that should be used in relation to the murder of political opponents.

• New

Talvisota wrote:

"Nobody is perfect" is a phrase used to get past small things people have, like being irritable or annoying. If somebody forgets to set their alarm and turn out to school late, if your teacher is nice, they will say "ah well, nobody's perfect". "Nobody's perfect" is not a phrase that should be used in relation to the murder of political opponents.
      What do you mean? See, we are talking about world leaders, and those in the early to mid 20th century. Look at this from this perspective.
      The Saviour