Pinned The Open Bar Chatroom

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

Talvisota wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

In the end, it's not that deep, Salazar isn't that bad as you potray him by nitpicking his mistakes. He ruled for a long amount of time, so there isn't a definite answer for his term. The last years were an outdated regime, while the first years was what was flourishing. He was the a ruthless dictator though.

Of course there will be something bad in 40 years?

Now to answer this

Talvisota wrote:

Yeah to be fair Claudio, I am a little uncomfortable with you idolising a literal dictator....
      When did I talk about him? I rarely do. I endorse him, for the good things he's done for the country, yes. And his character, which you can understand by listening to his speeches.
      Now, what is your favourite ice cream flavour?
      Honeycomb ftw
      nice. I would probably say matcha. Or lavender.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• New

Donk2.0 wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

In the end, it's not that deep, Salazar isn't that bad as you potray him by nitpicking his mistakes. He ruled for a long amount of time, so there isn't a definite answer for his term. The last years were an outdated regime, while the first years was what was flourishing. He was the a ruthless dictator though.

Of course there will be something bad in 40 years?

Now to answer this

Talvisota wrote:

Yeah to be fair Claudio, I am a little uncomfortable with you idolising a literal dictator....
      When did I talk about him? I rarely do. I endorse him, for the good things he's done for the country, yes. And his character, which you can understand by listening to his speeches.Now, what is your favourite ice cream flavour?
      Honeycomb ftw
      nice. I would probably say matcha. Or lavender.
      Ooo, exotic
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • New

Komrade Khrushchev wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Same is true for Putin today; the vast majority of Russians support him.
      As a Russian, I disagree. Just because he is our president doesn't mean that he represents the will of the Russian people, or that whatever he does, we support.
      So how do you feel about Putin? Aside from the Ukraine crisis of course. What has he really done for the country?
      The Saviour
    • New

Komrade Khrushchev wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Same is true for Putin today; the vast majority of Russians support him.
      As a Russian, I disagree. Just because he is our president doesn't mean that he represents the will of the Russian people, or that whatever he does, we support.
      I didn't say they support "whatever he does", but I do think they support a lot. For Russians, the national pride is one of the most important issues; more important than personal prosperity, for example. Individual Russians can endure an immense amount of hardship if they feel that their country is doing well; in fact that's how they won WW2.

In the nineties, that pride was devastated, and many Russians felt they had become some sort of colony of the West, where foreigners could take what they wanted and spit out everything else. They lost their Empire and became the laughing stock of the world. NATO could just break their promises to not expand Eastward. Oligarchs who had stolen the national wealth were welcomed with open arms when they took that wealth to London, Paris, and New York. All of that hurt, that really hurt.

Whatever crimes he committed, Putin managed to reverse that narrative. Today, the West loathes and fears Putin, but they certainly don't laugh at him. And for many Russians, he can violate a human right here and there, murder an opponent every once in a while, etc, if only he makes Russia great again (no pun intended).
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.