Release Notes - 2021-03-09

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Attention, Generals!

    Call of War will undergo a server maintenance from 9am CET until 10am CET on Tuesday the 15th of June 2021. Please note that within the maintenance window servers and/or game rounds will have a short downtime and will not be available for a few minutes. We will keep you posted about the status of the maintenance.

    • Release Notes - 2021-03-09


      Attention, Generals!

      Today’s update brings some quality of life improvements and bug fixes. The building details of provinces now inform you about the hitpoints of the selected building on mobile devices. Country names are displayed more centralized, making them true eye candy. Last but not least, game rounds now have their own chats, allowing communication with players within your game round without having to rely on global chat.

      For a complete overview of all changes, please check the list below:

      General:
      • Building hitpoints are now displayed in the building details of selected provinces on mobile devices.
      • Country names are now displayed near the center of a country, instead of close to the capitol. This change avoids issues with skewed country names on certain maps.
      • Country names are now only displayed in the 3 biggest areas of a country, if a country happens to have several separated areas on the map.
      • The “ingame” chat channel was re-introduced to the game. Only players of the game round you are currently playing have access to this chat.
      • The 1-3 dots indicating the army size were removed from the army bar. The 1-3 dot indicator in the army labels was replaced with actual numbers in a previous update, making the corresponding dots in the army bar obsolete.
      • On desktop, when hovering over a unit’s image in the split army dialog the unit’s name is displayed in a tooltip, making it easier to differentiate the units.
      • Information about morale penalties for being at war were removed from the tooltip of the war icon in the diplomacy menu, as the morale penalty for being at war was removed with a previous update.
      • A Huawei AppGallery button was added to the Call of War website.
      • Mobile users do not get a floating tooltip anymore stating “Not yet accepted” for games they cannot join due to a minimum rank requirement. Instead, players are now informed about the rank requirement when tapping on the greyed out “Join” button.
      • Information of day and month were added to the newspaper. Additionally to the ingame day of the game round, the newspaper now also informs you about the real life date, making it easier for you to find certain information if needed.
        • On maps with a higher speed factor the real life date does not change for several in game days.
      Bug Fixes:
      • A bug was fixed that caused rewarded units and additional tutorial units not being adjusted to the doctrine of a player.
      • The floating tooltip of an army now shows the correct travel time when moving it between own and enemy territory. Travel times displayed in the army bar and in the floating tooltip are now identical.
      • Missing damage icons were added in the unit details in the production menu.
      • An issue was resolved that prevented the confirmation screen from being displayed on mobile devices, when Blueprints were purchased.
      • A bug was fixed that caused the health bar of buildings in espionage reports on mobile devices to be displayed too dark.
      • An issue was resolved that caused a line break in the names of some rural provinces that had names longer than 10 characters.
      • A bug was fixed that could cause an error message with some players when those players tried to collect an achievement.
      • A bug was fixed that prevented the army health from being reflected in the damage efficiency and damage potential displayed in the army bar and army info popup.
      We hope all these changes and bug fixes improve your game experience even more!

      Your Bytro Team
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Arcorian wrote:

      Country names are now displayed near the center of a country, instead of close to the capitol. This change avoids issues with skewed country names on certain maps.

      Country names are now only displayed in the 3 biggest areas of a country, if a country happens to have several separated areas on the map.
      This is really cool. UK can finally "look" relevant when dominating the world.



      Arcorian wrote:

      Information of day and month were added to the newspaper. Additionally to the ingame day of the game round, the newspaper now also informs you about the real life date, making it easier for you to find certain information if needed.
      Nice! I always have to double check which can make it a chore to do sometimes.
    • Arcorian wrote:

      Country names are now only displayed in the 3 biggest areas of a country, if a country happens to have several separated areas on the map.
      Yeah, just noticed that.
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

      Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!

      DxC's battle calculator(not updated for 1.5):
      dxcalc.com/cow
    • Arcorian wrote:


      Attention, Generals!

      Today’s update brings some quality of life improvements and bug fixes. The building details of provinces now inform you about the hitpoints of the selected building on mobile devices. Country names are displayed more centralized, making them true eye candy. Last but not least, game rounds now have their own chats, allowing communication with players within your game round without having to rely on global chat.

      For a complete overview of all changes, please check the list below:

      General:
      • Building hitpoints are now displayed in the building details of selected provinces on mobile devices.
      • Country names are now displayed near the center of a country, instead of close to the capitol. This change avoids issues with skewed country names on certain maps.
      • Country names are now only displayed in the 3 biggest areas of a country, if a country happens to have several separated areas on the map.
      • The “ingame” chat channel was re-introduced to the game. Only players of the game round you are currently playing have access to this chat.
      • The 1-3 dots indicating the army size were removed from the army bar. The 1-3 dot indicator in the army labels was replaced with actual numbers in a previous update, making the corresponding dots in the army bar obsolete.
      • On desktop, when hovering over a unit’s image in the split army dialog the unit’s name is displayed in a tooltip, making it easier to differentiate the units.
      • Information about morale penalties for being at war were removed from the tooltip of the war icon in the diplomacy menu, as the morale penalty for being at war was removed with a previous update.
      • A Huawei AppGallery button was added to the Call of War website.
      • Mobile users do not get a floating tooltip anymore stating “Not yet accepted” for games they cannot join due to a minimum rank requirement. Instead, players are now informed about the rank requirement when tapping on the greyed out “Join” button.
      • Information of day and month were added to the newspaper. Additionally to the ingame day of the game round, the newspaper now also informs you about the real life date, making it easier for you to find certain information if needed.
        • On maps with a higher speed factor the real life date does not change for several in game days.
      Bug Fixes:
      • A bug was fixed that caused rewarded units and additional tutorial units not being adjusted to the doctrine of a player.
      • The floating tooltip of an army now shows the correct travel time when moving it between own and enemy territory. Travel times displayed in the army bar and in the floating tooltip are now identical.
      • Missing damage icons were added in the unit details in the production menu.
      • An issue was resolved that prevented the confirmation screen from being displayed on mobile devices, when Blueprints were purchased.
      • A bug was fixed that caused the health bar of buildings in espionage reports on mobile devices to be displayed too dark.
      • An issue was resolved that caused a line break in the names of some rural provinces that had names longer than 10 characters.
      • A bug was fixed that could cause an error message with some players when those players tried to collect an achievement.
      • A bug was fixed that prevented the army health from being reflected in the damage efficiency and damage potential displayed in the army bar and army info popup.
      We hope all these changes and bug fixes improve your game experience even more!

      Your Bytro Team
      interesting.
      when being betrayed betray
    • denislav77777 wrote:

      Another update fixing something and destroying the important... Using Chrome. Game freezes when Zoom in and out... when moving units... etc. Almost not playable. Cheers. Just don`t tell me like the last time to use low graphic mode... this will be your last.
      There is this problem across all browsers.
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

      Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!

      DxC's battle calculator(not updated for 1.5):
      dxcalc.com/cow
    • Something they added must have caused serious performance issues... I'm surprised they didn't notice this in testing?

      BTW I wonder if there are performance issues in Low Graphics Mode and/or non-WebGL graphics.
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

      Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!

      DxC's battle calculator(not updated for 1.5):
      dxcalc.com/cow