vote to end game in 100 person match

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Catalin92 wrote:

Its impossible to win that game with 3330 VP ... Or you will need to make all IC and INFR lvl max on all food prov. and buy every day Food with gold AND YES, Without army :)) and barracks all dezactivated !
      Well, that is part of the game...planning and organisation. Or did you wish to win without developing your country? ;)

There is no food problem with proper planning and there thus is no need for gold to buy it either.
    • You need this when you play with 40-50 + active players ... not 5 active players who change province with luck from the moral down :) I`m play with North ural. In africa i have moral 20% ;) You know what i say ??? tomorow i will put here 1 foto with my prov and my friend :) who i change every 00:00 :)
    • I am on a (very active) 100 player map.
      I own a stretch of land from Singapore to all of Scandinavia and Iceland.
      I know what the moral issue is.
      I am surey not a Pro, but not the biggest noob either.

Still, there is no food problem. Only a management problem. This has been proven by a number of players that all can boast mega-empires and a food surplus on the same 100 player map.
    • There are no more capitals to be taken and still there is no food problem.

Many good players have stated so by now in the numerous threads concerning the so called 'food problem'.

CONLUSION:

There is no food problem.
      There only is bad planning, resulting in bad developments.
    • Idk how you play ... and what means good player. :)
      But this game on 100 player maps, is not free war game, is just limited war game ;) You cannot make your own strategy ... you need just to upgrade food prod, and pray for taking a Capital... and dont angry a alliance map :) to have just 1 war at a time, and survive with food :)
    • First of all, I didn't say I was 'good'. I said to read the comments of good players in the various threads. That doesn't necessarily include me. In general a good players loses significantly less provinces than he conquers and vice versa, inexperienced players or those that refuse to learn, tend to lose a lot of their conquered provinces.

Secondly: Yes, you can make your strategy. But...making strategy means taking everything into account that matters to achieve your goals. That includes the economic development of your country.

Making war and neglecting your economy is just very bad strategy.

Only with a healthy, strong economy, you can support a successful war machine.

If you neglect that, your empire will simply implode, despite successful attacks on your enemies.
    • I have to agree that there is a problem with the food shortages. I dont care what anyone else says there is a big problem. I am at 2200 points which is still 1200 shy of winning control all of africa, europe, and most of asia. I am losing 3700 food an hour. Most of my provinces with food have level two or three infastructure yet a negative number. I stopped repairing my barracks because it costs more and more food to do so and when i do the food shortages go up instead of down. Deactivating barracks does not make the food shortage change at all unlike the smaller games. For awhile I was buying food to keep moral up and yet even having 50000 food in stock my moral had negative 45 for food shortages. so i just stopped buying food altogether. I believe on a larger map they need to readjust the amounts given. They just cant give you enough to feed 1.4 billion people.
    • brad2552000 wrote:

I have to agree that there is a problem with the food shortages. I dont care what anyone else says there is a big problem. I am at 2200 points which is still 1200 shy of winning control all of africa, europe, and most of asia. I am losing 3700 food an hour. Most of my provinces with food have level two or three infastructure yet a negative number. I stopped repairing my barracks because it costs more and more food to do so and when i do the food shortages go up instead of down. Deactivating barracks does not make the food shortage change at all unlike the smaller games. For awhile I was buying food to keep moral up and yet even having 50000 food in stock my moral had negative 45 for food shortages. so i just stopped buying food altogether. I believe on a larger map they need to readjust the amounts given. They just cant give you enough to feed 1.4 billion people.

"Most" of your food provinces had infrastructure?

That's not that great. You've got to have loads of iron and rare resources lying around. Why not build industrial complexes?

I'm sorry but when you are using fewer than half of the tools given to you to increase production you're not in a position where you can say there's a problem.

Level 3 infrastructure and level 5 factory gives 100% bonus to production. You're getting "most" of 50% of the upgrades.

Naval docks also help for coastal provinces.
    • brad2552000 wrote:

I have to agree that there is a problem with the food shortages
      NO. You are wrong.

You should agree to the facts that:
      - your food-production is NOT maxed-out and that,
      - IF it would be, you would not have a food-problem at all.

Hence, it is a personal management issue, caused by management-choices YOU made.

It is NOT caused by the game mechanics.

In fact, the food-management requirements prevent the smarter, more experienced or lucky players from just waltzing over the map, and as such helps balancing the game for the less fortunate.

Now leave the subject alone, so that the devs will not be enticed to spend time on this, instead of repairing routing and other IMPORTANT stuff, which are NOT caused by lackluster food-management AND laziness.