German Empire HWW Playthrough

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• German Empire HWW Playthrough

Click link for pictures
      After my last game as the Oman Empire, I decided to try a very different approach to a historic world map game. This time I had the good fortune in being able to choose the German Empire, as COW released many HWW games today! It's quite different going from starting with 8 troops to starting with 115. @Larry is god lol lol joined as France and @RBoi200 joined as the Netherlands.

On day 1 I have taken about half of Poland utilizing all German units on the eastern side of the country. The blitzkrieg has been wildly successful and Warsaw fell just about 6 hours after I joined the game. Paratroopers landed at Lodz and, despite pleas from Poland saying 'I just come in peace,' he will now rest in peace. (I did feel kinda bad killing him so fast though. Lol) Current casualty rates are Germany - 4,000 to Poland - 22,000.

I also shored up my western front with an alliance with France and was able to march troops to other parts of the country that had more potential for expansion. I created a coalition with the UK and Japan which will give all of us ample room to expand. The USA, Italy, and Yugoslavia all messaged me so they could get German protection. This is wild -- is this what playing as Germany is like every time???

Anyway, Yugoslavia is an interesting case because he was about to attack Italy, who I already declared a German protectorate in the newspaper. I warned him that if he did not pull out of Italy and Albania, I would have no choice but to destroy him. He pleaded to surrender to me and we decided on a deal... where he would give me 3 of his cities and his entire army in exchange for survival. Probably the easiest acquisition of territory ever, and since his existing army is only 12 troops, he is pretty much defenseless now. However, I will uphold my guarantee of independence for him, and maybe just maybe he'll last until the end. Lol.
      It's been a while
    • purplepizza117 wrote:

Click link for pictures
      After my last game as the Oman Empire, I decided to try a very different approach to a historic world map game. This time I had the good fortune in being able to choose the German Empire, as COW released many HWW games today! It's quite different going from starting with 8 troops to starting with 115. @Larry is god lol lol joined as France and @RBoi200 joined as the Netherlands.

On day 1 I have taken about half of Poland utilizing all German units on the eastern side of the country. The blitzkrieg has been wildly successful and Warsaw fell just about 6 hours after I joined the game. Paratroopers landed at Lodz and, despite pleas from Poland saying 'I just come in peace,' he will now rest in peace. (I did feel kinda bad killing him so fast though. Lol) Current casualty rates are Germany - 4,000 to Poland - 22,000.

I also shored up my western front with an alliance with France and was able to march troops to other parts of the country that had more potential for expansion. I created a coalition with the UK and Japan which will give all of us ample room to expand. The USA, Italy, and Yugoslavia all messaged me so they could get German protection. This is wild -- is this what playing as Germany is like every time???

Anyway, Yugoslavia is an interesting case because he was about to attack Italy, who I already declared a German protectorate in the newspaper. I warned him that if he did not pull out of Italy and Albania, I would have no choice but to destroy him. He pleaded to surrender to me and we decided on a deal... where he would give me 3 of his cities and his entire army in exchange for survival. Probably the easiest acquisition of territory ever, and since his existing army is only 12 troops, he is pretty much defenseless now. However, I will uphold my guarantee of independence for him, and maybe just maybe he'll last until the end. Lol.
      GG
      when being betrayed betray