What is your favourite war song?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I will take issue with you on all of that. While you might argue that it is a "war song" it is also a national anthem, it was written during the War of 1812 when the UK invaded and attacked the US. Which brings me to the major objection of your post, other than the Invasion of Iraq tell me a war in the 250 year history of the US where

z00mz00m wrote:

We love to start wars.
      Especially in other countries, safely far away.......
      I will remind you to tread carefully as you are very close to nation bashing which is a violation of the TOS. If you wish to continue this discussion we might want to start a new thread.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • S Schmidt wrote:

I will take issue with you on all of that. While you might argue that it is a "war song" it is also a national anthem, it was written during the War of 1812 when the UK invaded and attacked the US. Which brings me to the major objection of your post, other than the Invasion of Iraq tell me a war in the 250 year history of the US where

z00mz00m wrote:

We love to start wars.
      I will remind you to tread carefully as you are very close to nation bashing which is a violation of the TOS. If you wish to continue this discussion we might want to start a new thread.
      I’m a former US Marine and consider myself reasonably well versed in US military history. I even participated in that invasion of Iraq you’re talking about. How many examples are you looking for exactly?

I’ll invite you to learn more about US history.

I’ll recommend you learn about any of the Banana Wars, the Spanish American War, or the Philippine-American War.

If a national anthem counts as a war song, I’d definitely recommend The Marine’s Hymn. I’m not biased at all.
    • Best melody: Pasodobles (spanish traditional music)

Best lyrics: "La muerte no es el final" and
      "Los Tercios hymn" (himno de Los Tercios).

Let's see if our friend @6thDragon knows some info about Los Tercios.
      If u don't I invite u to learn some Spanish History.
      I'm sure it'll be preaty interesting.
      Advertising: Los Tercios has many different meanings. One of them is a bottle of 33cl of beer. BEER IS NOT A MILITAR SPANISH TECHNIQUE :D
    • Dead Is Not the End
      (La muerte no es el final)

Spanish army song about dead in combat.

Tu nos dijiste que la muerte
      No es el final del camino
      Que aunque morimos no somos
      Carne de un ciego testigo.

Tu nos hiciste, somos tuyos
      Nuestro destino es vivir
      Siendo felices con Tigo
      Sin padecer o morir

Cuando la pena nos alcanza
      Por un hermano perdido.
      Cuando el adiós dolorido
      Busca en la fe la esperanza.

En tus palabras confiamos
      Con la certeza de que tu
      Ya lo has devuelto a la vida
      Ya lo has llevado a la luz.

Cuando señor resucitaste
      Todos vencimos contigo
      Nos regalaste la vida
      Como en Betania al amigo.

Si caminamos a tu lado
      No va a faltarnos tu amor
      Porque muriendo vivimos
      Vida mas clara y mejor.
    • Katyusha
      Panzerlied

Panzerkampf - Sabaton

Prußens Gloria
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • S Schmidt wrote:

I will take issue with you on all of that. While you might argue that it is a "war song" it is also a national anthem, it was written during the War of 1812 when the UK invaded and attacked the US. Which brings me to the major objection of your post, other than the Invasion of Iraq tell me a war in the 250 year history of the US where

z00mz00m wrote:

We love to start wars.
      Ah easy! Here we go!

Afganistan
      Vietnam
      10+ Latin American countries (Cuba, Panama, etc..)
      Germany in ww1, even if provoked US declared
      War of 1812 ironically, while the UK was busy with the napoleonic wars.
      Many attacks on the Native Americans, many breaking signed peace agreements.
      Spanish-American war 1898
      Many more…

While the US was provoked into many of these wars, they still attacked, and therefore are countries the US started war with.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

S Schmidt wrote:

His premise is the wrong way round any. The US declared war first and invaded Canada. They got kicked out and the British then launched a counteroffensive, burning the capital and invading New Orleans out of the Carribean.
      It was an offensive war on the US's part, albeit due to grievances on both sides.
      Kneel before the might of Bangladesh
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

S Schmidt wrote:

His premise is the wrong way round any. The US declared war first and invaded Canada. They got kicked out and the British then launched a counteroffensive, burning the capital and invading New Orleans out of the Carribean.It was an offensive war on the US's part, albeit due to grievances on both sides.
      I think he meant after beating them back they invaded and attacked them? Then again I’m not sure seeing that they didn’t think the US had launched offensive wars I am probably wrong.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate