Release Notes - 2021-03-29

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I love how nobody points out the bug that you can do anything with your units sometimes, which is an major bug and honestly myself, I can understand the ruckus over Canvas being removed, but I've thought that Canvas rendering was kinda dull and inconsistent. It's just not as smooth as the new graphic and to see army numbers or whatever? I'd suggest clicking on the unit or zoom in, its really simple so, at least in my opinion, the canvas removal is not the problem, the new major bug of unable to use units is. Also want non "plain" colo(u)rs? just turn off "display relations" and then you get a variety of colo(u)rs to look at. Just my take on addressing and getting used to the new update.
    • For those who are locked out of your game(s) and you want to communicate to other players in those games,

If there is a supply drop, click on it,
      select "take me to province"
      province info appears at the bottom!
      click on the diplomacy status on the lower right (peace,war whatever)
      that takes you to Diplomacy!
      you can send and receive messages as normal!!!
    • #RestoreCanvas - Suggestions
      the above is a link press
      Everyone unite
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength

The post was edited 1 time, last by GrandEmpire ().

• your crushing the minority like a totaliterian party Bytro look in the mirror and open your ears
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Please hear us
      We are going to lose all of our progress in the games. Not only for me listen to the people how Could enter they say they can’t so good their armies.
      If you don’t listen to us the game will start losing people how wants to play
      Operators doesn’t give us hopes they only say that publish that mistakes.
      If you want to be agreed with you listen to us, is everybody or anyone.
      #we are the resistence
      #restorcecanvas
      #Callofwarforever
      #Charlyforpresident :v
    • Welcome,
      I am speaking to all game makers. How did canvas mode bother you? What's wrong with it? Why do you say it's difficult and you brazenly remove it? User Zoldrax rightly said that the game is for gamers, not for the convenience of developers. I understand everything, but you should speaking for it earlier about disabling the mode. Many people use Canvas, especially players who have had an account for many years. I set up my first account many years ago and I'm used to Canvas mode. When you introduced a new mode, I turned it off right away. A lot of people did. Constant changes that I take less and less. The first blow was the introduction of new army textures some time ago. With difficulty, but somehow I managed to take it. Then a new graphic mode, a complete change of the gameplay (a separate production building for each unit, e.g. Tank Factory, and not the industrial complex for everything as it used to be), then a change of the selection menu, courses, upgrading units to higher levels (it used to be done automatically) and now complete disabling of Canvas mode. I understand adjusting to graphical advance and settling for new players, but that's overkill. This is a error for which you will apologize very much in the future.
      On behalf of all the injured Call of War "veterans", both gamers and non-gamers, gamers and anyone else who fels like Canvas, I am officially asking and even demanding that the old mode be restored. For all the above-mentioned players who are used to the old mode, the new one is unreadable and messy. If you continue to insist not to restore it, justify your decision in points so that everyone has to read the reasons for the decision to spoil the game.
      Yours sincerely,
      Michu-65
      #RestoreCANVAS
    • This is probably the most childish reaction to an update I have ever seen in this game. You are all reacting like the world ended just because your game doesn't look like someone smeared a turd across your screen anymore.

Canvas is gone, get over it.

To say that "Bytro doesn't listen" is probably the second most retarded thing to say, right after expressing your opinion the way you are doing in this thread. You had 2! years, 2 goddamn years to give feedback on how WebGL looks and not only did Bytro incorporate feedback, they also implemented improvements on their own.

And please spare me your inflated egos with all this "the game is going to die if you don't return canvas, because I am going to leave the game"- nonsense. The 10 people moaning in this thread don't just not matter, they are literally insignificant in comparison to the vast amount of people that play this game. If you want to leave, please do. But do it quickly and quietly.
    • Agent47 wrote:

This is probably the most childish reaction to an update I have ever seen in this game. You are all reacting like the world ended just because your game doesn't look like someone smeared a turd across your screen anymore.

To say that "Bytro doesn't listen" is probably the second most retarded thing to say, right after expressing your opinion the way you are doing in this thread. You had 2! years, 2 goddamn years to give feedback on how WebGL looks and not only did Bytro incorporate feedback, they also implemented improvements on their own.

And please spare me your inflated egos with all this "the game is going to die if you don't return canvas, because I am going to leave the game"- nonsense. The 10 people moaning in this thread don't just not matter, they are literally insignificant in comparison to the vast amount of people that play this game. If you want to leave, please do. But do it quickly and quietly.
      You might have a point, but its not childish. You are childish for not understanding that all these people love this game and half the reason it was so good was dedicated feedback and contributions to the company. The reason they complain is they are concerned with the drastic reduction in playability of this game.

To your Canvas is gone get over it comment. There was no warning that they were going to remove Canvas, maybe if we knew we would have cared about the crappy replacement map they came up with. I dont know how many times I made the suggestion that the words were messed up and the answer was we are not changing it, if they are only going to develop for one platform then do it right. They really dont care about game play any more they only care about the bottom line.

Speaking of the bottom line. Where do I get a refund on my High Command account as I contracted to play the game like it was and I am so tired of getting into contracts with companies and they just change the rules when ever they want.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Akulla3D: Typo ().

• Agent47 wrote:

This is probably the most childish reaction to an update I have ever seen in this game. You are all reacting like the world ended just because your game doesn't look like someone smeared a turd across your screen anymore.

Akulla3D speaks well. I didn't take on the new mode because I never thought they could remove Canvas mode. You're not smart if you think complaining about a drastic step is childish. And please don't offend Canvas mode if you're just new to this game. And I do not agree with it, I am a sentimental man, I had many cool memories with the old mode and they cheekily removed it to me. Just because you don't like Canvas is your problem. Canvas was a lot brighter, and you're just an intolerant person who doesn't know the history of the game. If you had an account for many years, you would also complain, so you reconcile that we want to restore the soul of this game.
    • Agent47 wrote:

t after expressing your opinion the way you are doing in this thread. You had 2! years, 2 goddamn years to give feedback on how WebGL looks and not only did Bytro incorporate feedback, they also implemented improvements on their own.

And please spare me your inflated egos with all this "the game is going to die if you don't return canvas, because I am going to leave the game"- nonsense. The 10 people moaning in this thread don't just not matter, they are literally insignificant i

You really are a symptom of the problem. You will soon see how many of us there are. You will regret your patronising words.
    • Hey guys, I understand your frustration and I cherish that you are so invested in the game and want to shape it's future. On this particular topic though there is no other outcome possible and no turning back. So I repeat once more: There is no chance that Canvas is coming back, I'm sorry. My previous post in this thread contains more details. Please use your energy in providing us with feedback and examples on how we can improve the WebGL version, because this has a much higher chance of success. We are actively looking into improving the newest version and we will continue to strive for technical and quality improvements.

Lord wrote:

@freezy if it was just different, I suspect not many players would complaint. However - I am not being funny mate - it is just rubbish. To give you a scale of the problem - it took me less time to make these 9 screenshots below than to write this post - so it is a very frequent problem, which has been generated by removing Canvass.

Maps in the new graphics are unreadable at all - you cannot judge your own / ally / enemy troops at glance - you need to spend good few minutes zooming in and out on each area or individually clicking dozens of stacks to estimate forces in the region. As a player with more than 5 years experience in CoW and a leader TOP1 alliance I find it as a huge pain in the back, which makes my playing experience just sh*t...

So without further ado - screens below:

1. How many enemies are under my planes?
      Thank you for all the examples, I immediately forwarded this to get it fixed soon. The good thing is that all your examples point to a single issue: That in the low graphics mode the unit number is displayed below the army image, which is not intended.

In the meantime until this is fixed you could try out the mid/high graphics settings which display the unit numbers and stack information in a clear manner inside a label next to the army.

----

By the way: Did anybody realize that we implemented a setting in the bottom right menu to activate a gold confirmation popup on desktop (it already existed on mobile), that prevents you from accidentally spending gold? Many players requested this, so I hope you are happy about it. Another addition in this update that's based on player feedback is that we display small army labels again when zoomed-out very far (previously we were hiding armies completely on such zoom levels).

I wanted to highlight these things here to make sure they are not drowned by the canvas feedback and as an example of how player feedback can shape what we implement into the game. Although some strategic topics are off limits (like changing our business model or returning Canvas) we are very much open to implement changes on a more detailed level based on your feedback, as we did in the past (other examples include all the CoW1.5 updates after it's first release). So keep it up and I hope you all still can find some fun in playing the game! :)
    • freezy wrote:

By the way: Did anybody realize that we implemented a setting in the bottom right menu to activate a gold confirmation popup on desktop (it already existed on mobile), that prevents you from accidentally spending gold?
      This feature was requested for as long as I've been playing, which is about five years. If you're going to spend another five years to process #WebFuckingGL feedback, I don't think you are on the right track; especially since a confirmation is a very simple thing to do, while fixing a completely broken graphic interface seems very hard. So maybe five years is a low estimation?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • freezy wrote:

Hey guys, I understand your frustration and I cherish that you are so invested in the game and want to shape it's future. On this particular topic though there is no other outcome possible and no turning back. So I repeat once more: There is no chance that Canvas is coming back, I'm sorry. My previous post in this thread contains more details. Please use your energy in providing us with feedback and examples on how we can improve the WebGL version, because this has a much higher chance of success. We are actively looking into improving the newest version and we will continue to strive for technical and quality improvements.

Lord wrote:

@freezy if it was just different, I suspect not many players would complaint. However - I am not being funny mate - it is just rubbish. To give you a scale of the problem - it took me less time to make these 9 screenshots below than to write this post - so it is a very frequent problem, which has been generated by removing Canvass.

Maps in the new graphics are unreadable at all - you cannot judge your own / ally / enemy troops at glance - you need to spend good few minutes zooming in and out on each area or individually clicking dozens of stacks to estimate forces in the region. As a player with more than 5 years experience in CoW and a leader TOP1 alliance I find it as a huge pain in the back, which makes my playing experience just sh*t...

So without further ado - screens below:

1. How many enemies are under my planes?
      Thank you for all the examples, I immediately forwarded this to get it fixed soon. The good thing is that all your examples point to a single issue: That in the low graphics mode the unit number is displayed below the army image, which is not intended.
      In the meantime until this is fixed you could try out the mid/high graphics settings which display the unit numbers and stack information in a clear manner inside a label next to the army.

----

By the way: Did anybody realize that we implemented a setting in the bottom right menu to activate a gold confirmation popup on desktop (it already existed on mobile), that prevents you from accidentally spending gold? Many players requested this, so I hope you are happy about it. Another addition in this update that's based on player feedback is that we display small army labels again when zoomed-out very far (previously we were hiding armies completely on such zoom levels).

I wanted to highlight these things here to make sure they are not drowned by the canvas feedback and as an example of how player feedback can shape what we implement into the game. Although some strategic topics are off limits (like changing our business model or returning Canvas) we are very much open to implement changes on a more detailed level based on your feedback, as we did in the past (other examples include all the CoW1.5 updates after it's first release). So keep it up and I hope you all still can find some fun in playing the game! :)
      Ok, we understand everything, but tell me the reason for such an extreme decision to disable Canvas mode and why it is not at stake to restore it