Release Notes - 2021-03-29

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes - 2021-03-29

General:

• When you join an event in Call of War you do not have to wait until all available player slots are filled. Event maps now start immediately when they are created by the system.
      • Rockets, Flying Bombs, Battleships and Strategic Bombers now deal an increased amount of morale damage.
      • The Green Devil achievement description for Paratroopers was adjusted to hint that only Paratroopers produced in airplane mode count towards this achievement.
      • When zooming out on the map, the army labels no longer disappear anymore, but change their appearance to smaller versions of the labels again
        • The smaller version does not show icon nor numbers, but retains their colors to give you the ability to identify where your own, allied or enemy units are stationed when zoomed out far.
      • A gold confirmation popup is now available on desktop, to avoid spending it by mistake.
        • The confirmation popup can be activated in the game settings.
      • The old “Canvas” graphic mode was disabled.
        • Players who still used the old “Canvas” graphic mode can switch to the available “Low Graphics Mode” as an alternative in the account settings on desktop and mobile devices.

Bug Fixes:
      • A bug was fixed that caused the army label of a defending army to display the status “Bombarded by”, although the army was in close combat.
      • An issue was resolved that caused the gold icon of the gold production/construction speedup to be positioned incorrectly on the screen.
      • A bug was fixed that could trigger an error message, when the research of the Atomic Bomb was skipped.
      • An issue was resolved that could turn planes on carriers at sea into convoy trucks when sending on patrol. In some cases the planes did not fly directly to their patrol area, but took a detour to an airfield to refuel.
      • A bug on mobile devices was fixed, that prevented the confirmation screen from being displayed when purchasing a blueprint for any elite unit with gold.
      • An issue on mobile devices was resolved, that prevented the title for scenarios from being centered when the title was too long to be displayed in just one line.
      • A bug was fixed that prevented the standard moving animations from being displayed when moving units
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • RBoi200 wrote:

The update doesn't say anything about Canvas, hmmm...

Was the removal of Canvas intended or not?

Arcorian wrote:

General:

• Players who still used the old “Canvas” graphic mode can switch to the available “Low Graphics Mode” as an alternative in the account settings on desktop and mobile devices.

Hm...
    • YDSTRIKER wrote:

RBoi200 wrote:

Arcorian wrote:

General:

Hm...
      Oh I missed it
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • You loose a lot of data in this new mode you are pushing and I don't particularly like it and have been using Canvas and only use the other map when I want to see the whole map at once. If, your going to push this map on everyone you should have done a better job on the presentation. The washed out pastel colors you are using just don't work and you still cant turn off city names and they are still to big when zoomed etc.

I understand as I am a developer and you dont want to maintain two code bases, and your all in on the new version. Its just not ready and ruins the whole atmosphere of the game.

To bad looks like its over for me. I can't play in that mode, going to miss this game.

AK3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Akulla3D ().

• RBoi200 wrote:

YDSTRIKER wrote:

RBoi200 wrote:

Arcorian wrote:

General:

Hm...
      Oh I missed it
      It says that but I dont see a switch in Settings.
    • Please return the old graphics mode or you'll see an exodus of players, including me.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Hi guys!

I know a lot of you miss the old canvas mode. When WebGL first came out, I had a hard time getting used to it as well. But after a while, I found that I actually liked WebGL. If you give it a chance, maybe you’ll like it too. As for those of you who can’t run it properly because of your hardware, you can try the low graphics mode, made especially to counter that problem.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

Hi guys!

I know a lot of you miss the old canvas mode. When WebGL first came out, I had a hard time getting used to it as well. But after a while, I found that I actually liked WebGL. If you give it a chance, maybe you’ll like it too. As for those of you who can’t run it properly because of your hardware, you can try the low graphics mode, made especially to counter that problem.
      I play this game because graphics I dont play conflict of nations or supremacy 1 because useless high graphics

ıf all will have same graphics I will stop to play this game I dont want to see this disgusting graphic
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

Hi guys!

I tried using it when it first came out. No, I didn't like it. It hasn't improved since, so no, I STILL don't like it; in fact it ruins my gaming experience.

All of this shit so you guys can spell out country names in big letters "just like HOI does", it's crazy.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.