#RestoreCANVAS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tim731 wrote:

Поддерживаю обращение о возвращении нормальной графики.
    Я играю с 2015 года.
    С новой графикой играть невозможно, трудно понять границы стран, где чьи армии, время передвижения и многое другое, карта полностью слепая.
    Почему все изменения в худшую сторону?
    Одно хорошо, золотую кнопку сделали!
    Translation.

I support the appeal for the return of normal graphics.I've been playing since 2015.It is impossible to play with the new graphics, it is difficult to understand the borders of countries, where whose armies, travel time and much more, the map is completely blind.Why are all the changes for the worse?One thing is good, the golden button is done!
  • Ifanwhen wrote:

Tim731 wrote:

Поддерживаю обращение о возвращении нормальной графики.
    Я играю с 2015 года.
    С новой графикой играть невозможно, трудно понять границы стран, где чьи армии, время передвижения и многое другое, карта полностью слепая.
    Почему все изменения в худшую сторону?
    Одно хорошо, золотую кнопку сделали!
    Translation.
    I support the appeal for the return of normal graphics.I've been playing since 2015.It is impossible to play with the new graphics, it is difficult to understand the borders of countries, where whose armies, travel time and much more, the map is completely blind.Why are all the changes for the worse?One thing is good, the golden button is done!
    get involved in this protest, everyone in your country ... collect player logins ... inform them honestly let people make decisions, I gathered people criticizing the new art and I will add more players ... but every server has its alliances .... Talk to them. ask if they will join the protest .. get logins link -----> protest (applies to cal of war graphics)
  • Looks like i'm some of the newer people here. Ig my opinion is irrelevant tho i've played S1914 before this.
    For the Frontier, once and for all, the Red Planet has been colonized...

Call of War User: RhonianConfederation
    Discord Username: Premier Livonian of the Frontier#9560
    Newest Let's Play: ?

I swear to lord if you call me Premier I will crucify you, I prefer the name Livonian :>
  • Hello everyone,

I am glad to see the passion here and the feedback many of you have given in this thread so far. Especially from those of you who just recently made the switch from the old “Canvas” graphics mode to WebGL. I would like to encourage you to keep providing us with feedback about your experience with WebGL and let us know what we could improve to make it more suitable for your personal needs. We would like to hear about the things that kept you using “Canvas” for so long and that you might dearly miss with WebGL now. We are monitoring this thread very closely and taking notes of these things (e.g. brightness, strategic overview, uber-smoothness, etc.). So please keep mentioning them and share your feedback.

I would also like to address the communication side of things. Some of you already mentioned it and criticized that the last-minute announcement of the discontinuation of “Canvas” was not made earlier. I fully understand this, and I would like to point out that it was not planned to happen this way. Originally this should have happened later, with a proper announcement. Whether that announcement would have been early enough for everyone is hard to say, but it would have been earlier than what happened now. Unfortunately, as Freezy already mentioned, we faced a major issue with “Canvas” during our last release, that led to the decision to discontinue it earlier than originally planned, to avoid major problems for all players. An indicator for the severity of the issue might be that we usually do our releases on Tuesdays and had to postpone this one until the next Monday. We try to be as transparent with you guys as possible and to involve your feedback as much as possible. Unfortunately, sometimes things don’t work out as we plan them, and hard decisions need to be made fast. I know this does not bring back Canvas or immediately addresses the issues you may have with the switch right now, but I hope this provides an explanation on why it was communicated the way we saw.

As I mentioned at the beginning of my wall of text, please share your experience and concerns with WebGL after switching from “Canvas” in this thread. Even if we do not reply directly to your post here, please note that we are definitely reading it and highly appreciate and value your feedback.
    Discord: Call of War
    Facebook: Call of War
    Twitter: Call of War
  • Arcorian wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am glad to see the passion here and the feedback many of you have given in this thread so far. Especially from those of you who just recently made the switch from the old “Canvas” graphics mode to WebGL. I would like to encourage you to keep providing us with feedback about your experience with WebGL and let us know what we could improve to make it more suitable for your personal needs. We would like to hear about the things that kept you using “Canvas” for so long and that you might dearly miss with WebGL now. We are monitoring this thread very closely and taking notes of these things (e.g. brightness, strategic overview, uber-smoothness, etc.). So please keep mentioning them and share your feedback.

I would also like to address the communication side of things. Some of you already mentioned it and criticized that the last-minute announcement of the discontinuation of “Canvas” was not made earlier. I fully understand this, and I would like to point out that it was not planned to happen this way. Originally this should have happened later, with a proper announcement. Whether that announcement would have been early enough for everyone is hard to say, but it would have been earlier than what happened now. Unfortunately, as Freezy already mentioned, we faced a major issue with “Canvas” during our last release, that led to the decision to discontinue it earlier than originally planned, to avoid major problems for all players. An indicator for the severity of the issue might be that we usually do our releases on Tuesdays and had to postpone this one until the next Monday. We try to be as transparent with you guys as possible and to involve your feedback as much as possible. Unfortunately, sometimes things don’t work out as we plan them, and hard decisions need to be made fast. I know this does not bring back Canvas or immediately addresses the issues you may have with the switch right now, but I hope this provides an explanation on why it was communicated the way we saw.

As I mentioned at the beginning of my wall of text, please share your experience and concerns with WebGL after switching from “Canvas” in this thread. Even if we do not reply directly to your post here, please note that we are definitely reading it and highly appreciate and value your feedback.
    what's the major issue that caused Canvas to discontinue?
  • Arcorian wrote:

As I mentioned at the beginning of my wall of text, please share your experience and concerns with WebGL after switching from “Canvas” in this thread. Even if we do not reply directly to your post here, please note that we are definitely reading it and highly appreciate and value your feedback
    Here is a pic of South America with GL...How many countries are left? which one is biggest? It is all one big brown blob. This interface to the game is the most important part to me. In attempting to give more information, the programmers have blurred the information to the eye. Here are 2 Canvas pics. Look at the difference based on colors!
    Images
    • SA.PNG

281.94 kB, 477×456, viewed 7 times
    • Capture.PNG

288.51 kB, 580×321, viewed 6 times
    • canvas.PNG

757.06 kB, 740×470, viewed 8 times
    "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
  • ike53 wrote:

Arcorian wrote:

As I mentioned at the beginning of my wall of text, please share your experience and concerns with WebGL after switching from “Canvas” in this thread. Even if we do not reply directly to your post here, please note that we are definitely reading it and highly appreciate and value your feedback
    Here is a pic of South America with GL...How many countries are left? which one is biggest? It is all one big brown blob. This interface to the game is the most important part to me. In attempting to give more information, the programmers have blurred the information to the eye. Here are 2 Canvas pics. Look at the difference based on colors!
    There is an option to turn on the colors, turn off, "display relations".
    "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
  • ike53 wrote:

Arcorian wrote:

there's a setting make countries colored. close the "Display Relations" from the settings.
  • Here is another example of it being hard to read...You see Italy and 'green stripes' above Italy and to either side of me in Africa...The green stripes to my left belong to a 2nd country! And the green stripes to my right a 3rd country!
    Can't tell them apart.
    In Canvas you could.
    Images
    • 3 countries.PNG

710.62 kB, 714×579, viewed 11 times
    "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
  • Look at the different colors and what I will call soft pastel colors that are pleasing to the eye.

Sorry for the red lines on this one but having to find some old pics we have of Canvas up in Discord.
    Notice in Canvas how the stripes aren't that noticable either.
    Images
    • Wide angle.PNG

279.69 kB, 430×301, viewed 37 times
  • Here is a pic when you don't have displayed relations turned on...This is really hard on the eyes (for me anyways)
    The large stripes and all the other different landscapes in the provinces...

I hope these pics and explanations help...of course I am one in a sea of many.
    Images
    • bright white.PNG

507.96 kB, 672×455, viewed 11 times
  • There appears to be a substantial amount of what I call 'terrain bleed' where hills may bleed over to the next province and you have to click on the province in question to figure out if it is flat or hills or forest...etc.
    Here is an example for Florence and Vyanzemsky. Maybe the color combos that is being used magnifies this, I don't know. but if you have to click on the province to figure out what it is then you have cause me extra clicks and that is something that you don't want to cause. To a gamer this is critical. If attacking or defending I always want favorable terrain for my units...Arty in hills, tanks in plains, etc.
    Images
    • terrain creep.PNG

681.61 kB, 795×457, viewed 7 times
    • Vyazemsky.PNG

369 kB, 636×346, viewed 7 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by ike53 ().

• ike53 wrote:

There appears to be a substantial amount of what I can 'terrain bleed' where hills may bleed over to the next province and you have to click on the province in question to figure out if it is flat or hills or forest...etc.
    Here is an example for Florence and Vyanzemsky. Maybe the color combos that is being used magnifies this, I don't know. but if you have to click on the province to figure out what it is then you have cause me extra clicks and that is something that you don't want to cause. To a gamer this is critical. If attacking or defending I always want favorable terrain for my units...Arty in hills, tanks in plains, etc.
    i haven't noticed that before, i wonder if it is a bug or is it intentional?
    "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
  • In this pic, Italy has given me share map and I have several militia scattered. I am planning to attack to inflict max damage. Look at all the tags that block your view. You can't get rid of them. They are not transparent. They add nothing to my ability to plan my attack and actually block me from seeing properly. In Canvas you don't have this issue.
    Images
    • too many visible tags.PNG

975.76 kB, 893×563, viewed 14 times
  • Conversely here are 2 pics from Canvas that show you a clearer image of the battle field without all the clutter.
    Images
    • saudi in Canvas.PNG

336.25 kB, 535×318, viewed 12 times
    • Capture 2.PNG

211.24 kB, 472×307, viewed 11 times
  • ike53 wrote:

Arcorian wrote:

I do not see bad in these colors ... in the new graphics ... the names of the cities are so striking that it is not difficult to find painful eyes ... very high brightness and contrast, so you can get epilepsy and the color palette must be mild