#RestoreCANVAS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I rebooted in low res and now I can see the name again and the other province types. I will be able to see it for a little bit and then it will go away again.
    Images
    • reboot in low res.PNG

32.39 kB, 560×343, viewed 3 times
    "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
  • In low graphics mode in E. Europe. Please note that the terrain indicator is gone but all have been replaced by the same symbol. It is too faint to make out. Sometimes the terrain indicator gets replaced by a very light box with nothing in it.
    Images
    • low graphics mode E. Europe.PNG

289.54 kB, 934×610, viewed 7 times
    "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
  • Same view after reboot...in low res mode this is a continual hassle. I suspect there may be other issues with low res but if you are actually playing the game and using terrain features for attack/defence in combat this bug alone makes low res unusable.
    Images
    • after reboot.PNG

252.27 kB, 1,045×574, viewed 4 times
  • Well if you are looking for feedback, then here is my input:

Current version of graphics slides a lot, which might be good if the game is on phone, but on PC it makes it harder to pinpoint the units you want to get. Both low grade graphic and normal have this problem. I came here to play, not to ice skate

Diplomacy colors are not distinct enough from each other. When i look at the map, i have trouble with recognising which country is in my coalition or shares map with me, and which is not.

Scrolling in and out lags (both graphic versions), and if made imprecisely leads to moving to some other part of the world that i was not wishing to look at.

There is no way, to disable units, so it's hard to send screenshots to brag without revealing your army.

Those are just few things from top of my head, and i think that if i had to dig a bit more, i would find some more unpleasant features.

I honestly hope removal of canvas is some kind of too early april's fools joke.

The post was edited 1 time, last by laaaaaaaaga ().

• laaaaaaaaga wrote:

Well if you are looking for feedback, then here is my input:

Current version of graphics slides a lot, which might be good if the game is on phone, but on PC it makes it harder to pinpoint the units you want to get. Both low grade graphic and normal have this problem. I came here to play, not to ice skate

Diplomacy colors are not distinct enough from each other. When i look at the map, i have trouble with recognising which country is in my coalition or shares map with me, and which is not.

Scrolling in and out lags (both graphic versions), and if made imprecisely leads to moving to some other part of the world that i was not wishing to look at.

There is no way, to disable units, so it's hard to send screenshots to brag without revealing your army.

Those are just few things from top of my head, and i think that if i had to dig a bit more, i would find some more unpleasant features.

I honestly hope removal of canvas is some kind of too early april's fools joke.
    Well I mean I agree with you that they should change the color of the diplomatic relations for Web Gl. However, I cannot see the units clearly in canvas because they're too small. Also, the current version actually tells you, which provinces you have to quell in order to stop uprisings.
  • Can some one answer me question?
    How I can enter to the game.
    Is because The new version has a bug that I can´t see the map when I reduce the graphics or put in mobile graphics and when there are high graphics I only see loading game.
    I have talk to the support and I did all the wiki says but i can´t enter.
    Please help me :(
  • i wouldnt mind giving feedback but in the end it would be everything about webgl and be the same as saying restore canvas
    “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
    Slavery is Freedom
    Weakness is Strength
  • Thats what i think too
    “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
    Slavery is Freedom
    Weakness is Strength
  • Ok, let me just clear something up. There is no conspiracy, cover up, or lies of any kind.

Think about it for a second. Why the heck would Bytro lie about their reasons for removing canvas? They have said multiple times in the past that they were planning to do this, and the only reason they removed it without warning was because there was a bug. Why would they lie about that? Why not just say "Oops, our bad, we forgot to tell you"? The only reason they would say there was a bug is if there was a bug.

Second of all, even if there were lies, why would I agree with them? I'm a player like you guys, not a Bytro employee, so I have nothing to gain from lying (neither does Bytro by the way), and while I love Call of War, there is no way I'd be persuaded to lie about something this major.

I get that you're all mad, and I'm not saying you shouldn't be. You all liked canvas. But there's a difference between being mad and making up conspiracy theories to get other people mad too.
    DoctorDR1

Game Operator
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
  • DoctorDR1 wrote:

Ok, let me just clear something up. There is no conspiracy, cover up, or lies of any kind.

Think about it for a second. Why the heck would Bytro lie about their reasons for removing canvas? They have said multiple times in the past that they were planning to do this, and the only reason they removed it without warning was because there was a bug. Why would they lie about that? Why not just say "Oops, our bad, we forgot to tell you"? The only reason they would say there was a bug is if there was a bug.
    Are they said that so many players will not load the game? March 29, 30, 31 and april 1 (4 days). The Holly Mother of beer, 4 days!!!
  • Issues with WebGL

• Provinces in risk of revolt are a huge eye sore, whereas in Canvas the province smoked, which was both clear and not an obstruction, and didn’t hurt the eye.
    • Units graphic change makes them look plastic.
    • Boundaries of Provinces is hard to grasp.
    • Pretty sure there are no dots for centre of province.
    • In Canvas EVERY province, rural or urban, had its name visible but it didn’t obscure gameplay since they were small yet clear. WebGL only has Urban names and those are far too fat and obscuring.
    • Planes: A- In canvas when you attacked or patrolled with Plane the “line” was straight and nice, in WebGL its arched like Artillery attack. B- Planes are confusing and ugly. C- Planes zoom around like excited dogs for some reason.
    • You know when you click on unit and “stretch” it to lead it somewhere? In canvas the line was nice, black and thin, when u released it changed to country’s colors. In WebGL its stripy, shiny, DISGUSTING, thick and at its end it has a Google Maps Location sign for some reason whereas Canvas just had a cross.
    • I think proportions are changed? E.g. USSR is stretched, etc
    • All ranged units, when you hover on them have a red “bombard” line coming out “bombing” anything in range even own provinces whereas no actual bombardment is taking place.
    • Infrastructure and I think any other buildings too, don’t make a mark on map like canvas did.
    • Colours are shiny, plasticky and genuinely give me a headache and I feel like vomiting.
    • In canvas if u were at war with a nation “barbed wire” or some sort of fence appeared at border. In webgl you just get red line. Its not clear.
    • Ultra smoothness.
    • In canvas when you stretched a unit to lead it somewhere it “stuck” to centre of provinces and other armies, so if you wanted to put a militia in Moscow you waited until it got “stuck” in the right place. WebGL does not have that, in fact I think there are no centre dots.z
    • Im not sure quite what causes it but for some reason the WebGL map is cluttered especially in regions with lots of units whereas canvas was always clear.
    • Occupied Province stripes in canvas were barely visible (yet visible enough) and nice, but WebGL has fat, ugly stripes.
    • No option to turn off armies.
    • Map looks ugly for some reason.
    • The newspaper map is riddled with flames obscuring view.
    • No fog of war which makes it rather confusing.
    • Really hard to tell allied units/enemy units from your own, Canvas had a clear yet NOT ugly red/green glow around units.
    • Zoom annoying and too sensitive.
    • Hard to click/find anything.
    • Planes have a Google Maps location sign where their patrolling on the ground and its annoying.
    • Army labels not clear enough.
    • Information overload.

I would go on I have so much more but I will stop here because:

• If I went on it would end up saying everything on WebGL
    • Why should I waste time on something that is going to be ignored??
    • I have left CoW and wont go back unless Canvas comes back. (maybe, just maybe I come back if WebGL gets PROPERLY improved.)

War is Peace
    Slavery is Freedom
    Weakness is Strength
  • michu-65 wrote:

Arcorian wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am glad to see the passion here and the feedback many of you have given in this thread so far. Especially from those of you who just recently made the switch from the old “Canvas” graphics mode to WebGL. I would like to encourage you to keep providing us with feedback about your experience with WebGL and let us know what we could improve to make it more suitable for your personal needs. We would like to hear about the things that kept you using “Canvas” for so long and that you might dearly miss with WebGL now. We are monitoring this thread very closely and taking notes of these things (e.g. brightness, strategic overview, uber-smoothness, etc.). So please keep mentioning them and share your feedback.

I would also like to address the communication side of things. Some of you already mentioned it and criticized that the last-minute announcement of the discontinuation of “Canvas” was not made earlier. I fully understand this, and I would like to point out that it was not planned to happen this way. Originally this should have happened later, with a proper announcement. Whether that announcement would have been early enough for everyone is hard to say, but it would have been earlier than what happened now. Unfortunately, as Freezy already mentioned, we faced a major issue with “Canvas” during our last release, that led to the decision to discontinue it earlier than originally planned, to avoid major problems for all players. An indicator for the severity of the issue might be that we usually do our releases on Tuesdays and had to postpone this one until the next Monday. We try to be as transparent with you guys as possible and to involve your feedback as much as possible. Unfortunately, sometimes things don’t work out as we plan them, and hard decisions need to be made fast. I know this does not bring back Canvas or immediately addresses the issues you may have with the switch right now, but I hope this provides an explanation on why it was communicated the way we saw.

As I mentioned at the beginning of my wall of text, please share your experience and concerns with WebGL after switching from “Canvas” in this thread. Even if we do not reply directly to your post here, please note that we are definitely reading it and highly appreciate and value your feedback.
    Now I will tell you what had Canvas and what does not have WebGL.The first and basic thing that Canvas had and there is no WebGL is the soul.
    First of all, it's too bright colors of the map. They are disgusting, and in particular the color of their own country.
    The color of an ally's country is too bright and puffs too hard.
    It is difficult to distinguish my country from another country. The boundaries are not as outlined as they were in Canvas.
    When the map is withdrawed, the division of rural provinces disappears.
    When the map is completely remote, the division into cities disappears and nothing can be distinguished. This makes it difficult for units to move because you don't see a dot indicating a province. There was no such problem in the canvas and even from a distant camera it was possible to attack.
    Fluidity too high, which makes it difficult to operate the map (it is both moving and zooming in / zooming out).
    It's hard to click an individual, because its backlight is pouring into the map (these are allied units).
    Unit composition preview is too large and oversmed the map.
    The lack of rural province names makes it difficult to orient the map. This mainly makes webgl toil, Canvas had the names of all provinces.

These are, of course, fundamental differences. The main one is the lack of soul in WebGL, and Canvas had a soul (I have so many wonderful memories with Canvas from years ago). And of course one of the differences is that I just don't like WebGL.

It was good when only two graphics ... everyone has the right to find graphics to turn on and play ... I'm one of the players who appreciates canvas graphics, which in my eyes and many players collect logins. . people protest against the current graphics ... I am also convinced that other countries are joining it ...
  • Not done yet Arcorian...if we really have the programmers attention.
    Gamers will play at a certain eye level. That will vary slightly from player to player and will change sometimes to the lowest level when setting up a tight patrol. It is important to give gammers the best battle field view before and during the battle. Attached are 3 pics I took this morning to illustrate how WebGL blocks your view and causes a person to have to change angles and views several times just to get the right info. Try to count how many troops are in the 2nd and 3rd pic. You can almost get it from a very high view but not quite. there are 58 units. Who needs to know that each city is worth 10 points? When fighting or seeing the battlefield do you think I need the city name box blocking the view?
    Images
    • troop counts.PNG

586.34 kB, 629×527, viewed 8 times
    • with province names.PNG

833.27 kB, 849×529, viewed 8 times
    • wo province names.PNG

994.2 kB, 944×575, viewed 5 times