#RestoreCANVAS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tribunate wrote:

I definitely delete hospital or coastal artillery threads as they come in from time to time. That's well known.
    Has ANYONE ever considered the idea of making a coastal artillery "function"…not as a unit, but as a part of the [non-]urban port? Maybe, starting with the level 2 port, give an automatic ranged-fire ability which fires from the actual coastal port, and maybe with a range of only 50 and a bombard strength equivalent to a level 2 Cruiser (ratings against targets), and then if upgraded to level 3, upgrade the range to 70 and bombard strength to the equivalent of a level 4 Cruiser.

As it'd be a feature of a building, and not a unit, it would automatically fire on the nearest enemy stack within range until destroyed, then the next nearest unit, and so on, until there are no enemy units within range. It'd fire once per half hour, like units. And it would not have fire control and the user would have no ability to control it, so you can't tell it which target to choose (it'd just have to be the closest one).

Also, it makes sense that it'd only fire upon naval units (including convoys), so no air and no shooting backwards at enemy ground units behind it. And since it'd only fire on naval units, automatically, it should have no defensive rating, but the building can be fired upon by enemy units (land, sea, and air) by shooting directly at the port. But, the question would then be, can firing on the control point cause damage to the building, since it's constructed at the control point, but fires from the coastline.

Alternatively, it could fire from the control point (with further range than stated above), but then, still only at naval units. However, this seems less ideal...easier to code, but uglier in execution. My idea above is a more elegant solution.
  • RESTORE CANVAS AT ALL COST I CANT BELIEVE THATS DIED DOWN RISE AGAIN MY COMARDES
    *gets banned*
    “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
    Slavery is Freedom
    Weakness is Strength
  • BMfox wrote:

GrandEmpire wrote:

RESTORE CANVAS AT ALL COST I CANT BELIEVE THATS DIED DOWN RISE AGAIN MY COMARDES
    *gets banned*
    You could have written that without caps too you know!
    it is in low caps
    “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
    Slavery is Freedom
    Weakness is Strength
  • aaronlieber77 wrote:

At this point I would be willing to pay money to get canvas back. I don't care about new features. Call it classic mode and charge me $50 a year to play. I find it hard to believe that there are people playing with the webGL graphics.
    See! This is what it is about! Bytro is trying to get us to pay to use what we deserve!
  • whowh wrote:

aaronlieber77 wrote:

At this point I would be willing to pay money to get canvas back. I don't care about new features. Call it classic mode and charge me $50 a year to play. I find it hard to believe that there are people playing with the webGL graphics.
    See! This is what it is about! Bytro is trying to get us to pay to use what we deserve!
    No, that's no what its about. Stop spreading conspiracy theories.
    "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
  • RBoi200 wrote:

whowh wrote:

aaronlieber77 wrote:

No, that's no what its about. Stop spreading conspiracy theories.
    Oh c'mon
  • We have an opportunity to share with Bytro and the programmers what makes GL difficult to use and half the people just type crap back at them!

No wonder they won't bring back Canvas many of you aren't posting anything that are showing the issues or what could be done to make it better.

At the end there may not be any changes to Gl but at least I am trying. Why not help and post the differences that you find that make it a worse graphics interface?
    "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
  • i did no one listened

War is Peace
    Slavery is Freedom
    Weakness is Strength
  • Conclusion: Canvas has major bugs, so they ditched it, everyone was silent, then came this thread, and then everyone started to express themselves, even people that had no problem with webgl did do, some left the game out of anger, and some because, they couldn't join the games because of the graphics, canvas will not come back, and the only hope is the graphics will get better someday.
    The Saviour
  • Moving vs Patrolling using WebGL.
    When patrolling it is good to be able to see your patrol quarter shadow. But if you are moving your planes then it doesn't matter and especially if you are moving them through multiple airports.

Below are 2 pics.
    The first one I am moving my planes but you can see that the patrol quarter is showing. It is not really needed. In the 2nd pic you can see that I have my planes going forward to patrol but there are no patrol quarter shadows as it moves forward. (you can tell what each is doing by looking at the time until they get to their destination)

I would suspect that there is a program logic problem and they are set reverse than what was intended.
    Images
    • moving.PNG

423.56 kB, 538×601, viewed 7 times
    • patrolling2.PNG

414.84 kB, 572×606, viewed 7 times
    "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
  • First to say is that I apologize for my mistakes in english.
    I come from the spanish server, I think thousands of players there are leaving the game there. This new graphics was so much for many, me included. The playability is awful, I can't manage well the route of my troops...but above all, these graphics seem to me very unrealistic. Maybe for the phone or tablet is ok, not for computer. Before I could see mountains, forest....now is very plane, so much bright...awful.
    Sorry if I'm so hard, but from 2 years to now bytro is not hearing the veterans. Their idea is to make a fast game for the mobile app, I think, and the old strategy game that one day was the CoW is gone.
    How is the bussiness now? Is going well? I see a lot of new players that start 2 or 3 games and they leave; the problem of the inactive players is the same or even worst....and your response is to insult the old players? Is it so much to ask to restore Canvas?
    This game has given to me a lot of nice moments, great battles...I have made good friends here, but now almost my entire alliance is thinking in leave and look for another game. We all met each other here, and is sad to say, but it is time to end 5 years later. Good luck with this 1.5 or Conflict of Nations 2.0 that one day was one of the best strategy games I have seen.
    Si no tienes posibilidades de vencer, es el momento de atacar.