Plane Patrol Circles and WebGL

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Plane Patrol Circles and WebGL

Well now that WebGL is the only graphics mode I guess it is time to air one of my pet hates of this mode.
      Planes orbiting in patrol circles - under "canvas" mode you can tell at a glance where the planes that are patrolling are in their patrol cycle. In WebGL mode, the planes whiz around (I can only presume they move so fast to entertain) and appear to whirl around 8 times in every cycle - this means you have to click on the plane to find out when the cycle is going to tick over and inflict and absorb damage. When playing against good players, this is a positive hindrance
      For goodness sake, slow the planes down to 1/8 so we can tell what is going on at a glance

The post was edited 1 time, last by RogodeterSnowl ().

• When you click on the stack of planes it should give a countdown for the next tick no?

Also there is a square beside the patrol to show how close it is too the timer tick. It fills all the way blue when really close. Then starts over when patrol tick has been completed.
    • Well there you are there is a way to do it
      BUT, when the patrol cycle starts the blue fills already to halfway - not sure what that means
      Really this half filled at the start makes this next to useless - very difficult to see whether a plane is 2 minutes out from end of patrol cycle or 1 minute.
    • WebGL on a whole is useless
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • RogodeterSnowl wrote:

Well there you are there is a way to do it
      BUT, when the patrol cycle starts the blue fills already to halfway - not sure what that means
      Really this half filled at the start makes this next to useless - very difficult to see whether a plane is 2 minutes out from end of patrol cycle or 1 minute.
      That is indeed a bug that it starts half way filled. I forwarded it for fixing (might take some weeks until the fix is released due to our release cycles), thanks for reporting!