Interceptors in 1.5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Interceptors in 1.5

I've noticed that interceptors have way higher attack damage than defense. How does this factor into how they're used? For example: If a 5 interceptor units are patrolling over some random province, and I myself have 5 interceptors within range, should I simply attack the stack of interceptors without patrolling with them? Whereas if i patrol with them, and their patrol timer runs out first, does that mean they technically attack my stack of interceptors, thereby doing more damage?
    • attacked units are dealing dmg first. If you attack, the defendant will it your units with "Defence" power, then your damaged units will attack him with "offence" stat lowered by the dmg they taken. But be careful, because patrolling units will attack your planes if they will be in their range while they end their patrolling circle, so they will dmg your's units twice if you mistime the attack
    • Click on the patrolling stack and you will get a timer that counts down to the next time the patrol cycle ends in the Unit UI.

Alternatively, when you zoom in, there's a blue patrol bar that fills up and resets every time the patrol cycle ends, though it doesn't tell exact time.
      Officer of The Golden Spire (March 2021 - April 2022)
      Secretary of the Secretary of Nova0213
    • MZM7 wrote:

I've noticed that interceptors have way higher attack damage than defense. How does this factor into how they're used? For example: If a 5 interceptor units are patrolling over some random province, and I myself have 5 interceptors within range, should I simply attack the stack of interceptors without patrolling with them? Whereas if i patrol with them, and their patrol timer runs out first, does that mean they technically attack my stack of interceptors, thereby doing more damage?
      Unfortunately, their lower defence vs. air has no effect at all. Due to a bug, planes receive offensive damage when they attack instead of defensive. As the attacker gets hit first and then does his own damage (so already lowered by the damage he received), and both sides use offensive values, this ironically means the defender is in advantage. However this may get fixed at some point, we'll see.
      If your patrol timer runs out and an enemy wing's patrol circle overlaps with yours, you will deal 1/2 offensive damage to that enemy wing. If the centre of their patrol circle (so their position) is within your own circle you will also receive the offensive damage from them back.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper