More Complex Diplomatic Options

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• More Complex Diplomatic Options

The diplomatic side of Call of War has always been a simple matter. However, I propose that you can have more complex diplomatic relations.

Peace Treaty: During a war you have to propose a peace treaty in order to end the war. If the both sides of the war has not made much progress during the war. Both sides will get to decide on the terms of the treaties. If one side captures a majority of its core province cities , then the winning side will get to discuss the terms themselves. Terms can include annexation, puppet states, territory, payment, etc. An AI nation will automatically accept the treaty if the player controls a majority of its cities. If the average morale of a country goes below 60% then the peace treaty will be automatically accepted if offered.

Defense Pact:
      Numerous countries can sign a pact with each other pledging to defend each other. If one country in the pact is attack. Then war is declared automatically not the attacker. All countries in a defense pact will have right of the way relations. The members of the pact can decide how long the pact lasts. It can last at max for 10 days.

Non Aggression Pact:
      A non aggression pact will promise that both countries don't attack each other. However, if one country does attack another, the popularity of the country will be ruined. This pact can last from 1 to 10 days.

Puppet States:
      A puppet state can be created if a peace treaty is signed between the victor and the loser. Another way it can be obtained is if you extend this offer to an AI or player country that borders you. For AI they will accept this offer automatically if you have an army that is more powerful. If you extend the offer to player it will be up to them to accept.The puppet state can be player controlled depending on whether the player it's an AI country or a player country. A puppet state will count towards a player's victory points. Also, the puppet state will have a share map relation with the owner. The owner can also demand tribute and place army restrictions onto the puppet states. A puppet state will become independent if the owner is conquered by another country.

Annexion:
      Annexion is similar to Puppet States. It can be obtained in two different ways. You will control a country directly through Annexation. The military will be surrendered and controlled by you. However, all province morale will drop by 60% for all provinces, this can present the possibility of numerous revolts.

Lend and Lease:
      Lend and Lease will allow countries to receive units from a certain country. However, the manufacturer can only lend the country 5 units per day.
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

Lend and Lease:
      Lend and Lease will allow countries to receive units from a certain country. However, the manufacturer can only lend the country 5 units per day.
      that would be great.
      “ To command is to serve, nothing more and nothing less.”

For support ticket click here

forum rank list(the better one)

join my discord server>discord.gg/nbydn7sEaS

:00010166:
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

Defense Pact:
      Numerous countries can sign a pact with each other pledging to defend each other. If one country in the pact is attack. Then war is declared automatically not the attacker. All countries in a defense pact will have right of the way relations. The members of the pact can decide how long the pact lasts. It can last at max for 10 days.

Non Aggression Pact:
      A non aggression pact will promise that both countries don't attack each other. However, if one country does attack another, the popularity of the country will be ruined. This pact can last from 1 to 10 days.

Puppet States:
      A puppet state can be created if a peace treaty is signed between the victor and the loser. Another way it can be obtained is if you extend this offer to an AI or player country that borders you. For AI they will accept this offer automatically if you have an army that is more powerful. If you extend the offer to player it will be up to them to accept.The puppet state can be player controlled depending on whether the player it's an AI country or a player country. A puppet state will count towards a player's victory points. Also, the puppet state will have a share map relation with the owner. The owner can also demand tribute and place army restrictions onto the puppet states. A puppet state will become independent if the owner is conquered by another country.
      Those ideas are great! I don't see any problems.

vietcong2005 wrote:

Annexion:
      Annexion is similar to Puppet States. It can be obtained in two different ways. You will control a country directly through Annexation. The military will be surrendered and controlled by you. However, all province morale will drop by 60% for all provinces, this can present the possibility of numerous revolts.
      This could be abused by multi-accounters, they can easily win now. They just have to annex, annex, annex. This is why there is a province trade limit.

vietcong2005 wrote:

Lend and Lease:
      This can also be abused by multi-accounters. It's why they removed unit trading. I doubt they'll add unit trading back in anytime soon...
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • i don't like this, breaks the power of individual nations to break treaties,, sign secret deals etc. etc.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

I mean there should be a system where you aren't allowed to break treaties at all.
      this is not what i want...

RBoi200 wrote:

Karl von Krass wrote:

i don't like this, breaks the power of individual nations to break treaties,, sign secret deals etc. etc.
      If you break treaties there has to be punishment, in this case, your popularity is ruined.
      your argument rboi is valid... this is suitable, how about a different type of punishment as well? such as posting the treaty is broken in papers and then human nations decide to attack the aggressor....

how about a kind of treaty which monitors specific things, such as a daily tribute, a few tabs on what is being produced in certain cities... and maybe a form of production lease?
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • I think that it would be to complex update. Althoo they should remove 4 province trade per game! That is stupid!
      Just make core provinces trade not possible and make unlimited non core trade. Multi accaounts can just be reported and thats it!
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Suna232 wrote:

Althoo they should remove 4 province trade per game! That is stupid!
      Still an open door to multi's. They need to be reported first before action can be taken. No offense but if you look at the stats of the mediocre player then I'm not sure if they will realize there's a multi and go trough the trouble of reporting it.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

Suna232 wrote:

Althoo they should remove 4 province trade per game! That is stupid!
      Still an open door to multi's. They need to be reported first before action can be taken. No offense but if you look at the stats of the mediocre player then I'm not sure if they will realize there's a multi and go trough the trouble of reporting it.
      As i said, only multi accaounts users would benefit from core provinces trade, even if they do trade non core its not that important... Buth only my sugestion.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Came into the board intending to make similar suggestions. Proper diplomacy is what I miss most about this game.
      Doesn't even have to be complex treaties or such, but I'm all for at least proper, official NAPs, defence pacts and properly exchanging provinces(*). More complex diplomacy can be built upon such basics later on.

* To a proper limit. I understand it's to prevent cheating and until a better solution is found it should stay that way. But it'd be great if we did look for a better solution, so us normal player could properly trade, exchange or extort provinces.
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

The diplomatic side of Call of War has always been a simple matter. However, I propose that you can have more complex diplomatic relations.

Peace Treaty: During a war you have to propose a peace treaty in order to end the war. If the both sides of the war has not made much progress during the war. Both sides will get to decide on the terms of the treaties. If one side captures a majority of its core province cities , then the winning side will get to discuss the terms themselves. Terms can include annexation, puppet states, territory, payment, etc. An AI nation will automatically accept the treaty if the player controls a majority of its cities. If the average morale of a country goes below 60% then the peace treaty will be automatically accepted if offered.

Defense Pact:

Non Aggression Pact:

Puppet States:

Annexion:

Lend and Lease:
      Most of these can be abused so I will quickly go over most of them. For Peace Treaty somebody could just deny the peace treaty and just hold out in a couple forts on a forest tile or something. This could also be abused by multi-account players. For Defense Pact first of all what would happen if the members were to disagree on how long it lasts? Also this could drag on the game, as let’s say 6 nations are left and they don’t want to war but don’t have enough to win. One person could just troll and spam Defense Pact so nobody can war. For Non-Aggression Pact it’s same as Defense Pact but if it was 2 nations. You could also just Defense Pact or Non-Aggression pact everybody and you would be safe. For Puppet States you never specify what the army difference needs to be for ai so somebody like India, a starting off weak nation, could spam this to their neighbors. This would also be ineffective for players as chances are they leave before this happens. If it was this broken everybody would be a living HRE, and nobody wants that in a war game like this. For Annexation, which you spelled wrong, you never specify if the army disappears or joins yours, which for the latter would be broken, and for the former that would be an upside for anybody with a small army trying to preserve it. Also 60% can’t revolt, only I wanna say 25% and under that isn’t core. For Lend Lease 5 units a day is broken and can be easily exploited with multi-account players. Overall, these were clearly underdeveloped and by your logic terribly executed ideas, and if they were to happen, which would be unlikely since the game is about war rather than amazing diplomacy, then it would need to be watered down a lot.
    • SKYTimoT1999 wrote:

One person could just troll and spam Defense Pact so nobody can war. For Non-Aggression Pact it’s same as Defense Pact but if it was 2 nations. You could also just Defense Pact or Non-Aggression pact everybody and you would be safe.
      How would that work? A defence pact or NAP are two sided, both sides have to agree with it and if one doesn't, it's never signed or ends.
      Besides, even if you have a defence pact/NAP with someone, it doesn't (shouldn't) stop you from going to war with them anyway. It's just a shitty thing to do, but then at least everyone else will know you are not to be trusted. Diplomacy! :)