Chat Optimisation-mobile

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Chat Optimisation-mobile

1. Let’s be clear. The Diplomacy chat rooms need work. They’re a mess and are a nightmare to navigate. Below I’ve come up with a few improvements I think are desperately needed particularly in team events, like “Red vs. Blue”.

1.) Chat Names:
      ~ Team games are notorious for having multiple people in a team chat with their messages being labelled by their account name. Your left confused as to who is messaging who and which nation they are until you eventually learn each and every one. This is incredibly annoying and inefficient, defeating the whole strategy aspect of the game. How can you coordinate an attack if you don’t even know which nation you’re talking to?

This could be fixed by changing the message label on messages to the nation which that player is playing as, rather than their account name. No more General Secretary user20575949. Just Caucasus. Maybe even a little flag next to their name would be nice.

2.) Chat Pings:
      ~ Why not add the feature to pings specific players in a coalition by typing “@“ followed by the player or nation. It would add a much needed filter to all the messages that go through the chat rooms in-game. Players could see what they need to see rather than sifting through multiple messages in an active coalition. It also introduces an element of organisation to messaging as player can give commands and requests groups of nations rather than messaging them individually by using multiple pings.

3.) Team Game Chat Organisation:
      ~ In the latest “Red vs. Blue-“ team event, large amounts of players are put into a single chat room and try to coordinate attacks across a 100 player whole world map. You can imagine the disaster unfolding. Please organise this! I suggest creating tabs within the chat room for things like resource exchange and and political talk. Also divide the players into tabs by their respective continents. For example, all of the Asian nations could discuss strategy in the “Asia” tab and not clutter other tabs with battle strategy. Do this for each of the six available continents and you’ve got an effective, efficient chat room with no confusion or potential to not receive orders.
    • Larry is god lol lol wrote:

but however I do see what you mean and agree.
      Can you at least do the effort of making one sentence per post? Please stop spamming the forum. If you have nothing useful to add then please do not react.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!