Essential stuff the game needs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Essential stuff the game needs

Some suggestions.

Some of my arguments seem to benefit the defender and i think it should. I know people will argue that is bad to give tools to people that like to turtle down and just defend the cities with all they have without attacking, but if you have some experience on this game, you can't win the game by just defending.

Also is important to note that the attacker is usually the stronger nation and the one that has the element of surprise, so I think is important to benefit the defenders a bit more.

1) Hospitals: There should be hospitals in the game, this benefits the defender since they will be closer to a hospital, the strength regeneration of units is horrible but acceptable if we would have the tools to make hospitals.
      Some argue that the game assumes that every unit has their own field hospital, that's all fine and dandy but in real life city/town hospitals were also used and more effective than a field hospital.

2) Strength regeneration per hour: It would be better if units regenerate per hour instead of at DAYCHANGE, since it creates some silly situations, for example, my units could have been inside my territory for 23 hours but at the last hour of the day they enter enemy territory. They wasted 23 hours that don't count them towards healing. So healing should be per hour instead of at DAYCHANGE.

3) Retreat function: Its funny how moderators of forums keep comparing stuff to real life but then you don't have of the most basics strategies in war, retreating. I don't think i need to explain why this needs to be in the game.

4) Fire control for planes: As you know, artillery and submarines have fire control settings. Planes should have this as well.
      So we have the following choices, Air to air only, Air to ground only, default attack everything, don't attack anything.
      Because i think i have seen fighters attack ground units inside the patrol when i'm just trying to scout.

5) Match finder: Im a bit disappointed 4x speed games are that rare, i see that this game is a bit faster than Conflict of Nations, so a x2 speed would be nice to play.

6) Being able to regroup planes mid air: Would be nice if you can regroup different stacks of airplanes while they are in the air, so you don't have to go back refuel to do so.

7) Give target priorities to ranged units (including planes): When you shoot an enemy stack with artillery or planes, being able to give damage priority to the enemy ordinance infantry, infantry, armored vehicles, submarines over ships,etc

8 ) In real war, armies were always trying to avoid getting encircled because the supplies wouldn't reach them, since the game doesn't simulate supply lines, would be nice that if a unit is surrounded by enemy territory and the territory you have is not connected to a city, suffer a defense penalty.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Seigaku ().

• 1) We already get a 15% health increase at the end of each day's turn and it makes it realistic. I've said this in other posts = most units throughout WW2 would have had a miraculous recovery if they were able to recover 15% health even at the end of a month! during the war.

2) Make sure to strategically place your units in safe zones then. Units can't heal if "supply lines" are cut (territory switch would be the equivalent of this)

3) I don't hate this suggestion and could see this as a positive eventually if implemented correctly.

4) If they are patrolling in the area though, ground units can fire upon Air units just like in real life, dealing some type of anti-air.

5) At least on a bi-weekly rotation 2x, 4x, 6x and 10x speed games are being ran. Not sure if you missed out on these or what. But remember this is a grand strategy game, not a RTS.

6) Not a bad suggestion either. I guess the mechanics behind that for coding would be difficult because airplanes might be on different patrol or refueling pattern times
    • Tribunate wrote:

1) We already get a 15% health increase at the end of each day's turn and it makes it realistic. I've said this in other posts = most units throughout WW2 would have had a miraculous recovery if they were able to recover 15% health even at the end of a month! during the war.

2) Make sure to strategically place your units in safe zones then. Units can't heal if "supply lines" are cut (territory switch would be the equivalent of this)

3) I don't hate this suggestion and could see this as a positive eventually if implemented correctly.

4) If they are patrolling in the area though, ground units can fire upon Air units just like in real life, dealing some type of anti-air.

5) At least on a bi-weekly rotation 2x, 4x, 6x and 10x speed games are being ran. Not sure if you missed out on these or what. But remember this is a grand strategy game, not a RTS.

6) Not a bad suggestion either. I guess the mechanics behind that for coding would be difficult because airplanes might be on different patrol or refueling pattern times

1) WW2 lasted for 7 years, you can afford some days to heal your units, this game gives you few months to finish a match, so you need a hospital to heal them faster. Don't compare the game to real life when there are so many things that aren't like real life, like the fact that you can't retreat a combat.

2) You can't heal on supply lines? But units heal no matter where they are at daychange

3) It's already implemented on Conflict of Nations, is not that hard, they suffer a bit of damage when choosing to retreat

4) Then give ground units a 15 minutes cycle that shoot whatever there is on the air, but again, this doesn't make sense if we compare it to real life, planes can fly higher or move fast to not get shot if the enemy doesn't have AAA. your point makes sense in the case that enemy has AAA units.
      Also, planes scouting, would get damaged way less than planes attacking enemies. Then you can keep the damage they get but make it much less when they are just scouting and not attacking units.
    • 1) 15% health increase makes up for that realism without hospital needs. The game assumes their our field hospitals, engineers, medics, mechanics etc. to heal units

2) You can only heal on your own territory. Not enemy, neutral or ally.

3) Yea I agree with you that it would be a good addition.

4) it is a 15 minute cycle. Whenever a unit gets done with the patrol, they will inflict as well as absorb some AA damage.
      I understand if you wanted a feature of planes to go up 20-30k feet. I don't think anyone had AA there. BUt that might add a deeper level to air mechanics that there already is. Plus you wouldn't be able to see anything.
    • 9 ) Coastal defenses: Is a big disadvantage for countries that have their main cities next to the sea, because enemy ships can sit next to them and start damaging the main buildings. I don't see why countries that live next to the sea have to be forced to recruit ships, and even then is not enough.
      Would be nice to be able to build coastal defenses, maybe have then have 50 range and when improved to higher levels reach 70 range to defend against enemy ships.
      To balance, they could only be allowed on city provinces.
    • when your just watching a mod and a player who thinks WWII lasted seven years argue
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength