[AAR] 1939 Japanese World Conquest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MY Best UK Win was when i was UK , didnt produce ONE unit for 2 days, eventually ended up conquering Europe and Africa.
      No idea how i did it.
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • whowh wrote:

Spite_Is_Right wrote:

Well my current game as United States was spoiled. All the majors quit, there were really only 9 active players on day 4 and it fell off from there. I'm just trying to wrap it up with a coalition victory now. I guess that will free me up to try UK world domination. That could make an interesting after action report. May try to do something serious, haven't decided yet.
      Can you try making a "theme" on the UK action report? IE spreading good ol' british parliamentary democracy or something

Karl von Krass wrote:

whowh wrote:

Can you try making a "theme" on the UK action report? IE spreading good ol' british parliamentary democracy or something
      i think an even better idea would be to make what the British foreign policy actually was, Pragmatism. Everything the UK did had a reason and they were Pragmatists, not necessarily bent into spreading their ideologies to other peoples.
      I've been giving some thought to theme. I'm not sure it's possible to exercise pragmatic foreign policy and still take over the world. Also some strategic decisions make good game sense but they are hard to justify. For instance, taking over Ireland is a no-brainer. But how do I justify a push into Denmark or Norway without Nazi aggression to justify it? I think you almost have to write an alternate reality because, obviously, the UK didn't get a solo victory in WWII.
    • Spite_Is_Right wrote:

I've been giving some thought to theme. I'm not sure it's possible to exercise pragmatic foreign policy and still take over the world. Also some strategic decisions make good game sense but they are hard to justify. For instance, taking over Ireland is a no-brainer. But how do I justify a push into Denmark or Norway without Nazi aggression to justify it? I think you almost have to write an alternate reality because, obviously, the UK didn't get a solo victory in WWII.
      Common Pragmatism by the British, when you feel like your sovereignty is being threatened make a cause to protect yourself. Make your enemies do dumb moves and you capitalize on their mistakes and expand strategically.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • UK is OP. it can easily take
      egypt
      south africa
      belguim
      ireland
      siam
      iraq
      etc

in DAy ONE
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • GrandEmpire wrote:

UK is OP. it can easily take
      egypt
      south africa
      belguim
      ireland
      siam
      iraq
      etc

in DAy ONE
      but i didnt do that since me dum dum
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • GrandEmpire wrote:

UK is OP. it can easily take
      egypt
      south africa
      belguim
      ireland
      siam
      iraq
      etc

in DAy ONE
      I agree that you could do that, but I'm not sure it's the best strategy. Consolidating Africa does seem like a good long term decision because it's unlikely to come under attack later in the game; decent source of VPs and resources. If you start that many wars on day one you are going to have everyone and their brother attacking you. Sometimes it's preferable to let other people take territory, in my opinion. As you noted there are plenty of capitals available, you really only need 3 on day 1 for maximum effect.

I think that's going to be my next game, so you'll see how I approach it. I doubt they're overpowered, but I'll let you know what I think after I play them in the current meta.
    • I just mean a theme in your posts. Maybe not in your messages. Either way it's fun to make up excuses. In my germany game right now in which I have challenged the entire world, all the remaining players have made a deal that we have to make up an excuse for invasion. My war with france started as a tourist insulted schnitzels and my war with the USSR started as the USSR player blatantly announced their distaste for sauerkraut.
    • i actually won the solo as UK after day 50.

Secretary of Nova0213
    • funny how no one won b4 me

Secretary of Nova0213
    • How much stuff u conquered?

Secretary of Nova0213
    • That's really close to the Solo win requirement by itself. You deffo won it then.

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Alright day 14 Japanese playthrough, i just have 1100 VPs, And i can Surely tell you, i couldve done stuff faster. What Spite has done was a Challenge i still havent overcome, I will get a solo victory, but i have to kill the remaining active players.

Secretary of Nova0213