[AAR] 1939 Japanese World Conquest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Day 8 - Continued
      The German military mobilized along the Romanian border and began threatening precious Balkan air strips. The emperor had ordered these positions scouted as the army moved through Yugoslavia, he was aware of their strength and believed air power and follow-up forces would be sufficient to handle the threat. In any case, they were not the Avenger's target and orders were given to continue the advance.

• Karl von Krass wrote:

i am surprised at how t seems that your army is conquering countries as fast as they can march
      Most of it is completely undefended, that's one of the reasons this strategy works so well. The army just keeps on the move, artillery and air forces mop up pockets of resistance behind them. If there's a small force, I might combine and eliminate them to speed things up. But you have to be careful how much "brute-forcing" you do or you'll weaken your raiders too much.
    • Day 8 - Game Update
      I still hadn't taken my foot off the gas. I was building industry everywhere now, non-core doubles mostly. Local industry at home was nearing max. I built production centers in the Middle East that would be my center of power going in the late game, if such an event occurred.

• Day 8 - Continued
      All eyes turned to Vienna. The atmosphere in the palace was tense and bustling. Reports from the front were coming in at a rapid pace, conditions on the ground were changing so fast it was difficult to keep up. The armored vanguard was in sight of Berlin and three light tanks had been spotted guarding the city. Only two armored cars could be spared for the push into undefended Germany and they would be insufficient to take the city without help. The emperor dispatched newly outfitted interceptors and tactical bombers to patrol above Berlin. He also ordered the air force to perform the blossom maneuver and gather information about enemy disposition and intention. Interceptors were sent to every corner of German territory within range.

Forces were incoming on numerous fronts, but this battle hardened army bore no fear. This army had fought from the eastern plains of China to the very doorstep of Germany intact; losing few along the way. They were battered, but they were resilient and their tactics had been proven time and again. They gathered to defend the vital airbase.
    • Day 8 - Continued
      As the day neared its close, the emperor was having trouble sleeping. He was worried about his invasion force and the air force that could become stranded and destroyed if the campaign fails. That would be a significant setback.
      Avenger armored cars continued to chew up territory across Germany as the strength of the assault on Vienna become known.

• Day 9 - Continued
      Combined armored regiments and infantry dug in at Sankt Polten, awaiting the Germans there. If the Fuhrer wanted to stop the rain of destruction now falling upon his nation, he would have to come through the Avengers here. The battle was not close. Though they had powerful artillery, the Avengers too had artillery. Japanese artillery was superior and in greater number. The avengers dispatched armored forces to engage the division once shelling had commenced on both sides.

Berlin fell following continuous air strikes on the tanks garrisoned there. All across Germany, forces were spreading to claim territory. Air forces murdered with impunity. For all intents and purposes, the world was his, it was just a question of time. "Finally", he thought, "We will have peace".
    • Spite_Is_Right wrote:

Day 8 - Continued
      As the day neared its close, the emperor was having trouble sleeping. He was worried about his invasion force and the air force that could become stranded and destroyed if the campaign fails. That would be a significant setback.
      Avenger armored cars continued to chew up territory across Germany as the strength of the assault on Vienna become known.

I should've been more aggressive with my troops :wallbash
      General Meh[/i][/b]
    • Day 9 - Game Update
      This is probably about the point in time that I started writing this thread. In my mind, the game is over. Everything from here is just mopping up to make it official. It's not just that I'm winning so much, it's how overwhelming my military force and economy is compared to the rest of the world. I could defeat every AI on earth simultaneously at this point, but man would that be boring.

I usually start slacking off on building units and pushing for VPs. It still happens, but I'm much less enthusiastic about it.

I could do some post-game analysis, but maybe the game speaks for itself. I'll post the last two days of newspaper and the final casualty numbers in a wrap up post I guess. I'm happy to answer questions or just talk about the game if anyone is interested as well.

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. As always, of course, good game.
    • general meh wrote:

Spite_Is_Right wrote:

Day 8 - Continued

I should've been more aggressive with my troops :wallbash
      This is how we learn. That's why I originally started this thread.
    • Spite_Is_Right wrote:

Karl von Krass wrote:

i am thinking of Joining as UK and just Destroying everyone ASAP
      Island nations are preferable for pursuing solo victories. UK is potent in this scenario if played well, but it takes a little to get to this scale. Mainly because allied doctrine is slower than average and pan-asian is faster than average. UK has abundant VPs available, but much stronger competition than Japan.
      I joined as UK once and wasnt too sure didnt produce a single unit for 2 days. Then it got interersting, and i conquered europe through diplomacy more than army! I won that round it was fun.

Spite_Is_Right wrote:

Editorial
      I want to take a minute before I launch into day 8 to discuss a tactic to deter AI war declarations and neutralize the AI in general. As I was streaking across Asia, I wanted to limit my exposure to that southern Soviet border. I knew if there was a gap, the Soviet AI would relentlessly invade there. That meant any province that directly bordered them would have to be manned. That border is long, and it doesn't seem like much but it really adds up. The alternative is a push through the Soviet Union. That will take longer for sure and it will telegraph my troop location and intention to Germany. It will also weaken my force and find me most likely caught fighting both the Soviet AI and Germany in Russia.

What's a guy to do? Leave provinces controlled by defeated nations there. The AI won't declare war on them to get to you. It won't work if they have right-of-way, you'll just have to take that and setup a defense. I did that all along the central Asian border and in Persia I left one province open. I would have been able to take all the cities, but a poorly timed revolt allowed Turkey to take Mosul. I didn't want to fight through the Turks, so I left French provinces there as well.

You can see some of what I'm talking about in this image:
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • PLease read my reports and rpely
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength