Slugfest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sooo.
      Gamemode: Europe, Clash of Nations
      My country: Caucasus
      Coalitions: Germany and Italy/me, Ukraine, and a maybe afk Britain
      Countries I invaded and took over: Turkey(afk) Bulgaria, and some other random AI nations
      Day 8
      I just took Bulgaria, but then Italy sneak attacked my troopship convoys headed to britain, so now we’re at war. We both have 140 victory points each, Italy controls the sea but I think that I have the advantage on land and air. How should I play this?
    • How sad. Coalition backstabbing. Remember that you can't conquer territory with a navy so having an army and air force is better than a navy (unless you are an island). You should be able to advance in land and take out italy's forces. Remember that as comintern your forces are naturally weaker in 1v1 than german forces but are cheaper.
    • CharlesPotatoXII wrote:

Coalitions: Germany and Italy/me, Ukraine, and a maybe afk Britain
      Very unclear whether or not you mean the coalitions are: Germany, Italy, Caucasus vs Ukraine, Britain
      Or if you mean: Germany, Italy vs Caucasus, Ukraine, Britain

I actually interpreted it the second way, since you used "and" in between Germany and Italy, whereas if there was another nation in their coalition there would be a comma there, with the "and" coming after Italy. Also the slash indicates a division. Anyway..

As far as what you should do, I agree with whowh. In this case land and air power are more important if he already controls the sea. No point in pushing him where he already has the advantage, if you yourself have the advantage elsewhere. Judging by the geographical picture I'm getting in my head though, you should try and control all naval activity in the Black Sea.. if not that then at least the waters near Crimea and/or Istanbul.