Pinned Guide to artillery for 1.5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• _Pyth0n_ wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

Great guide! However, I feel compelled to add that the 3-minute return fire delay has been fixed. You can no longer shoot and scoot, or at least not without the possibility of return fire.
      So is it therefore impossible to use this tactic? I'm scared to test it out in-game without knowing for sure...
      Yes, you cannot retreat within the 3 minute window.

As far as I can tell, if you can take them out with one volley, they don't get to return fire. So their must be a delay of a second or two, but that's it.
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

Great guide! However, I feel compelled to add that the 3-minute return fire delay has been fixed. You can no longer shoot and scoot, or at least not without the possibility of return fire.
      So is it therefore impossible to use this tactic? I'm scared to test it out in-game without knowing for sure...
      Indeed the shoot and scoot tactic is for the history books.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Destructo the Great wrote:

AdolfoBenitoPaquito wrote:

Should I use SP rocket artillery or SP Artillery?

I normally use booth but I don't know the difference between they 2.
      sp rocket artillery is against Unarmouredsp artillery is against armoured

so you can use both
      I pair them and use them very effectively together. When I play Comintern, I pair five of each, with a few SPAA, Armored Cars, and Tank Destroyers. It's very effective against anything. By pairing them, you can bombard anything down and avoid melee combat if you're active. But tanks will do tremendous damage if they catch you, so the TDs are important. Having virtually all light armor be a bonus against air players. Tac bombers are less effective against them compared to regular arty and rocket arty. Attack bombers are a little more effective, but only enough to tempt players into using them and if you have enough SPAA, you'll get the better of the exchange.

You have to commit to the faster moving units. A stack only moves as fast as its slowest unit, so you can't put regular AA, AT, or anything else in with it.

You will need to start off with a very situational troop build for the early game. Remember not to build too many units that will soon be obsolete, and it's a waste to continue to research and upgrade them.

You'll also be pressed for oil and metal, so you'll need to limit your navy and air forces. All I really build are naval bombers, cruisers, and destroyers.

Simple but effective.