Morale broken on historic ww

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Every country on every map including Historic starts at 70% morale. When you conquer a capital you get an overal 10% morale increase. If trough out the game your morale drops due to new conquered territory or being too far from your capital you can:
      - Try to conquer a capital every two days. Saving up a few minor AI countries for later in the game certainly helps with that.
      - Move your capital to the center of you territory.
      - Build propaganda offices.
      - Fight one war at a time.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

Every country on every map including Historic starts at 70% morale. When you conquer a capital you get an overal 10% morale increase. If trough out the game your morale drops due to new conquered territory or being too far from your capital you can:
      - Try to conquer a capital every two days. Saving up a few minor AI countries for later in the game certainly helps with that.
      - Move your capital to the center of you territory.
      - Build propaganda offices.
      - Fight one war at a time.
      one war at a time is impossible. every ai you have a border with declares war almost right away.
      Nothing Ventured. Nothing Gained.

All your base are belonging to me.
    • yurgajurga wrote:

one war at a time is impossible. every ai you have a border with declares war almost right away.
      That's not true.
      Read this guide to learn more about popularity with AI and why they declare war: Popularity with Elite AI
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

yurgajurga wrote:

That's not true.Read this guide to learn more about popularity with AI and why they declare war: Popularity with Elite AI
      Basically just give all the AI right of way at the beginning of the game. Provoking war declarations is better than declaring war yourself from a popularity standpoint. If you declare a lot of wars, eventually everyone will declare war on you.

For morale you should aim to keep it at 100, it's definitely possible for most of your core territory for most countries. The key is taking capitals, of course. Sometimes it is not possible, but you should aim to take three capitals at the beginning of the game as fast as possible. That means targeting smaller countries and rolling them rather than declaring war against large neighbors on day 1. Think Germany attacking Luxembourg, Danzig, and Poland on day 1. Once your morale is at 100, you can check the provincial morale for all your important provinces and build Propaganda Centers accordingly. The further away it is the more likely it will need one. Provinces close to your capital, prior to lots of expansion kicking in, will not need one. As you grow you'll need to add more. Keep taking capitals to lock in gains and rapidly incorporate territory economically.

I'm playing as the US in historic world war and I took Cuba, Haiti, and Dominican Republic as quickly as possible then just sat on my economic lead while I built up. No AI has declared war on me yet, other nations are less popular. I'm just starting to go on the offensive in day 6.
    • whowh wrote:

I actually do share map with the bots and right of way with inactive players

I try to "capital farm" where I attack a capital right at the end of each day to keep moral high.
      I'm going to start using share map, not sure why I didn't. Thanks.

I do the exact same thing, I'll save them for later, just kill the forces and keep something there to take it when I've conquered everything I will take before day change.
    • whowh wrote:

Spite_Is_Right wrote:

I'm going to start using share map, not sure why I didn't.
      I would like to know though if the bots act differently if you use share map and are about to attack them. I suppose they lack the latterel thinking abilities
      One thing I've noticed, and this could be completely not accurate, but it seems like they're more likely to declare war if the strength of forces on the border is low or non-existent. If you have a big army in the border provinces they seem less likely to declare war, in my experience. But I don't share map or give right-of-way to countries I'm planning to invade.
    • It is big map, and if you play countrys like Japan, USA, UK you will incounter that problem erly in the game. Further away province is from your capital, it will gain moral slower.

P. S. i didnt read all posts on this thread soo it is most likely allready answered.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Suna232 wrote:

It is big map, and if you play countrys like Japan, USA, UK you will incounter that problem erly in the game. Further away province is from your capital, it will gain moral slower.

P. S. i didnt read all posts on this thread soo it is most likely allready answered.
      I'm not sure about that the morale gain is slower, the ceiling is lower the further it is from your capital and the more you expand. Here's what Phoenix looks like in my current game as US, day 7:

Morale has been at 100 since day 2. I took three capitals early to boost all of my provinces to 100 morale. They will start decaying from there based on these influences (you can check with the i button on PC). So based on distance and expansion the morale would be 83 stable. But, because I built a level two propaganda office, it's actually 111 stable and it will stay at 100 until I expand more. The morale will either rise or fall to reach the stable value each day. You can see here it says "rising", even though the morale is at 100. It's essentially doing the math for you.
    • Spite_Is_Right wrote:

Suna232 wrote:

It is big map, and if you play countrys like Japan, USA, UK you will incounter that problem erly in the game. Further away province is from your capital, it will gain moral slower.

I'm not sure about that the morale gain is slower, the ceiling is lower the further it is from your capital and the more you expand. Here's what Phoenix looks like in my current game as US, day 7:
      Morale has been at 100 since day 2. I took three capitals early to boost all of my provinces to 100 morale. They will start decaying from there based on these influences (you can check with the i button on PC). So based on distance and expansion the morale would be 83 stable. But, because I built a level two propaganda office, it's actually 111 stable and it will stay at 100 until I expand more. The morale will either rise or fall to reach the stable value each day. You can see here it says "rising", even though the morale is at 100. It's essentially doing the math for you.
      Yes, i am familiar abouth that just i need to think too mutch for complex indept explanation due to my limited knowleg of english language.
      Yes, propaganda offices do the job and if you know when to take capital you will be good cause you will have extra day to do propaganda offices and province moral is done very good, devs rlly took it seriously.

And tnx for that explanation bdw
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Spite_Is_Right wrote:

whowh wrote:

Spite_Is_Right wrote:

I'm going to start using share map, not sure why I didn't.
      I would like to know though if the bots act differently if you use share map and are about to attack them. I suppose they lack the latterel thinking abilities
      One thing I've noticed, and this could be completely not accurate, but it seems like they're more likely to declare war if the strength of forces on the border is low or non-existent. If you have a big army in the border provinces they seem less likely to declare war, in my experience. But I don't share map or give right-of-way to countries I'm planning to invade.
      I give RoW to bots that I'm about to invade and then do trade embargo right before I initiate the attack.