Doctrines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• axis i believe is best. It can tear through everyone else's units in 1v1. The extra price doesnt matter at all, when you get a +1600 economy you will have no shortages
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • may i get the link to the Post?

whowh wrote:

I'm a tie between axis and pan-asian. I went with pan-asian becuase @Tre was just hating on them in @Edepedable's post.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • RBoi200 wrote:

There's no definite answer to this, depends on your playstyle. Axis has powerful units, but with Comintern can produce more. Allies can produce faster, but you often end up in a resource shortage. Pan-Asian if you can use the terrain well.
      I would like to meet person who knows abouth doctrines and will chose comintern over axis or pan asian doctrine.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • And pan asian doctrine have CRAZY artilery. Artilery, air, light tanks, infantry and armored cars boom you will dominate.
      Extra bonus against unarmored units and 50% on all stats if on hills or mountains is op, EVERYTHING is hill and mountain in continental asia...
      Фарис Синановић, Суна

The post was edited 1 time, last by Suna232 ().

• Suna232 wrote:

RBoi200 wrote:

There's no definite answer to this, depends on your playstyle. Axis has powerful units, but with Comintern can produce more. Allies can produce faster, but you often end up in a resource shortage. Pan-Asian if you can use the terrain well.
      I would like to meet person who knows abouth doctrines and will chose comintern over axis or pan asian doctrine.
      hey give comintern some respect it's good
    • i can agree that Comintern is good, though don't spend 300+ units on each nation u war tho
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • I voted Allies, but I will note that Comentern has slight per resourse advantage over axis. Axis troops are 15% stronger than baseline, but cost 10% so they are 5% stronger than baseline per resourse. Comentern troops on the other hand are 15% cheaper than baseline, but have a 5% reduction only in attack power. It's only a slight advantage, but if I'm playing Comentern I have little fear of an axis player so long I have equal or greater resourse production. Axis does have a slight time advantage though, which is something to watch out for early game.
    • Tedned wrote:

I voted Allies, but I will note that Comentern has slight per resourse advantage over axis. Axis troops are 15% stronger than baseline, but cost 10% so they are 5% stronger than baseline per resourse...
      The time difference is quite significant. An Axis player gains an advantage once his economy is good as he needs fewer cities to produce a force of equal strength than you.
      I may sound like a nerd saying this, but you were... inaccurate.
      Axis units cost 10% more, have 15% more damage AND 15% more health so you get 1.3225 of strength at the cost of 1.1. You could argue it should be 1.30 of strength but health and damage multiply, so it's 1.15 ^ 2. That means they are about 20.23% stronger than the baseline per resource.
      Comintern gets 0.95 strength at the cost of 0.85, which translates to being 11.8% stronger than baseline per resource. They also have a -25% discount on upkeeps, the extra -12% can have an impact but is difficult to include in the math (sorry, would need to apply to real battle).

Now I will sound like a nerd when I apply this to real battle.

Say we have 17 units for Axis, 22 for Comintern, which reflects the cost difference. Let's assume we will be fighting in groups of less than 11 and so the damage cap doesn't get involved.
      That way Comintern have the strength of 22 (health) . 20.9 (damage) against the Axis' 19.55 (health) . 19.55 (damage). Turns out Comintern still win as we were only evaluating the cost efficiency of Axis in a 1v1 fight. When the Comintern bonus gives them more units, they have more health times more damage, making them more effective (Lanchester's square law). In this case Axis have the strength of 385.16, Comintern 459.8 (rounded). As the square law is already reflected, we could just subtract Axis from Comintern to figure how much health Comintern will have left.

To be fair and factor in reduced damage efficiency due to damaged units, we can now use a fight of two armies that have equal health and the strength is just their damage. That will still give the same result as if we simulated the battles using the original damage and health values, which would be annoying to calculate though (almost the same result, as more health relative to damage makes the superior army win with slightly more health left). We'll assume the random factor doesn't exist for now.
      Axis the right, Comintern left side.
      1st round: 8000 hp 385.16 damage VS. 8000 hp 459.8 damage
      2nd: 7540.2 hp 367.45 damage VS. 7614.8 hp 442.1 damage
      3rd: 7097.8 hp 349.6 damage VS. 7247.3 hp 425.2 damage
      27th: RIP VS. 2419.8 hp (30.25%)

The list of Comintern advantages does not end there... or does it?
      There are 22 Comintern units per 17 Axis ones. Upkeeps are about 4.6% of the unit cost for Axis. Therefore, they will be about 4.511% of the cost for Comintern (both are daily). That means, the Comintern player will lose about 99.24% of the cost of one unit per day, Axis will lose 78.2% (but 78.2% of a more valuable unit).
      99.24-78.2=21.04%.
      This means, Axis will gain an extra unit per 10 units every 8 days, 1 hour and 42 min. That's a very insignificant advantage, but still...
      Again running a test with 8 hp and 1 damage units, 10 units against 11. The 11 win with 17.8% health left. This time simplified as it assumes damage is equally spread across all units (they don't get killed), but still shows how much an extra unit can add to an army.
      But those are just straight-up combat advantages. We have to keep in mind that Axis have different unique buffs, which mostly affect fast units, making Axis a better doctrine for active players. Speed can change battles, a faster army can chase down the most vulnerable enemies and escape fights it doesn't want to take.

Be sure you'd find some little mistakes in my equations, but let's hope there is enough maff to discourage anyone from verifying that whole, lol.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper