Sweden - World Cup Tryouts - Day by Day report

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sweden - World Cup Tryouts - Day by Day report

This is a report on my alliance's world cup tryouts game. It is set in Europe Clash of Nations, with 2 day peace period on AI and 3 day peace period on real players. The match started with Me, Finland, Communist Russia, Russian Empire, Ukraine, Poland, Greater Romania, Yugoslavia, Italy, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Spain. North USA and South USA are spectators. Resource trades are legal, relation trades are banned. No teams. Top 3 make World cup team.

I figured the first few days would be a bit boring so I am starting this report on day 10. I'll fill you in on what's been going on. Italic means global events not related to me.

Day 1-2: A cold war instantly started between me and Finland. Since there was peace period, we both could patrol each other's land with no consequences. He saw me building up fortifications and build his too. I placed armored cars, militia, infantry, anti-air, and artillery inside both my bordering provinces. Because the terrain I will be fighting in does not have much plains, I did not research motorized infantry. Instead I went for militia to get the forest bonus and stealth ability. I focused on armored cars, militia, and artillery so that he would attack my fortifications and my defense damage would destroy his army. I also made attack bombers.

Day 3: AI Peace Period ended. I went for Norway, getting all the provinces except the northern one, which Finland took. Finland also managed to take Latvia. France pulled off this crazy trick where he sent an infantry to lots of cities all over the map including Sevastopol (Crimea), Olso (Norway), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dublin (Ireland), and Libsoa (Portugal). Once a player attacked the city he would move his infantry inside it and the city would become his even though he didn't fight for it at all. Anyways, France managed to get Libsoa, Dublin, Norway, and almost Copenhagen until I realized what he was doing. France also took Netherlands, Ukraine took Crimea, Poland took Lithuania, UK took Ireland, Communist Russia took Estonia, and Russian Empire took Cossack Republic. I started making submarines after I discovered 10 Finnish infantry convoys off my coast. I also placed artillery where I thought they would attempt to land.

Day 4: Germany gets extra peace period day because he got covid. War broke out between me and Finland instantly. At first it appears I am winning the border war until he pulls out a 9 stack of tactical and attack bombers. For the next few hours, he wrecks my ground troops not sheltered by fortifications. I build airstrips out of his range and start making interceptors to counter this threat. Submarines engaged the 10 infantry off the coast and won. 2 submarines were destroyed. When I saw his air force, I also started cooking cruisers in my barracks city. His border had no artillery so I started bombarding it with my artillery. He then decided to rush my troops. I withdrew to my max fortifications and he lost his entire army there. He then sent his airforce after my fortified army. After a few more hours, I saw he was afk and moved the majority of my army forward into his land, leaving behind 2 fortified anti airs which shredded his air force along with my interceptors. Spain, UK, and I all attacked France to get our cities back. France gave peace-peace to me but went to war with Spain, UK, and Italy. Somehow he was winning against all of them. Russian Empire took Karelia. Romania defeated Yugoslavia with mass amounts of rocket artillery. Yugoslavia was level 130 and fell in 1 day.

Day 5: I am now cooking cruisers and light tanks. Finland has been showing no resistance after the collapse of his armies and air force. I wiped him out today. My troops also took out his colony in Latvia. As soon as I take out Latvia, Communist Russia declares war on me because I am a threat to him. I am overwhelmed by rocket artillery, artillery, and anti-air. He also has light tank + infantry stacks as meat shields to his artillery. I cook tactical bombers to try to counter his artillery. I am losing badly now and lose my hold over the Ventspils chokepoint. He also kicks me out of Latvia. If Russian Empire attacks me, I will have no chance of surviving this war. My armies are weak and if Communist Russia penetrates my first line of troops I will have nothing stopping him from working his way through Finland and to my cores. My only advantage now is naval supremacy. I know I cannot let him build a navy, so I cook battleships and bomb his coastal ports. Now I must regroup my armies for a counter-attack. France is winning against Spain and is also fighting off Italy and UK still.

I will write more soon

• Day 6: Communist Russia has not been moving his troops much, I suspect he is afk a lot. However I cannot attack because his artillery is too strong. I cook rocket artillery and militias to fight his rocket artillery. The war turns into a standstill. My casualties are high and his are minimal. UK lands in France and France is destroyed by Italy, Germany, and UK. UK and I have been trading a lot and are on good relations. Romania annihilates Italy, a level 188 player with rocket artillery spam. Russian Empire invades Ukraine.

Day 7: I continue cooking battleships and rocket artillery. Communist Russia takes 3 more provinces and I retreat further. France rolls through Spain while complaining about how bad his spawn country was.

Day 8: Time for a counter-offensive. When Communist Russia tried to push me out of Latvia, I was able to spare my units in a Dunkirk style evacuation. These units redeployed to the coast with battleship support and reclaimed Latvia. Over the next few days, Latvia will become a mini battlefield as my Latvian division fights the Russian armies in the area. I use battleships to bomb Russia's artillery while he is afk. I also attempt to take back Vipuri but my armies are driven back once again. Casualties have begun to even out at 25,000 on both sides. I now research commandos and railroad guns to counter his artillery. Spain falls to France. Romania invades Greece and Albania.

Day 9: Communist Russia pushes my Latvian division back and takes back the city of Riga. 5 of my light tanks reached Minsk overnight but were destroyed by artillery. He took back the provinces. My battleships force him to retreat though. I am able to take back the city. In Finland, he makes a big mistake in retreating his armies to the city of Leningrad. I reclaim Vipuri. Then I shell his troops with battleships until his Leningrad army is destroyed. I now move into Leningrad, cutting off his oil. His casualties are now higher than mine. UK invades French Spain.

Day 10: I have secured Riga and Taillin with battleships. I am trolling Communist Russia with a militia in the corner of Taillin that is stealth so when he takes the province back I can recapture it. He is so confused lmao. His home guard masses in Leningrad to stop my advance. I build up level 3 fortifications from the existing level 2 ones. I then use artillery trick to wear down his artillery while he is afk. (Since defending artillery fires back after 3 minutes, I can bombard him and retreat out of his range dealing free damage to him) His artillery is destroyed. I also have railroad guns done and moving towards front lines. Now I have 2 options: 1) Move south and cut off minsk from the rest of the country, allowing the Latvian forces to reunite with the main army. 2) Move east and rush his 3 cities there but risking the overextension of my army. I believe his remaining units were destroyed outside Leningrad but I cannot be certain. Please let me know what you think I should do. Market rates have gone up for Rares and Food. Lots of Rocket Artillery spam is going on I think. Spain and UK both quit the game and are now spectating. Idk why UK quit he was doing well. Not much else happened on the map today.
    • France be like: Napoleon in 1809 go brrrrr
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • I shall use this guide as a basis of My doctrine in the next AvA i shall have (similar terms as well).
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Day 11 & 12: I overwhelmed Communist Russia and started taking provinces East and South. My Latvian division regrouped with the main army and advanced to hold Tallin. However, after I had defeated Communist Russia's armies, Russian Empire swooped in and started taking undefended provinces. I told him to stop but he ignored my messages. He got the food, rares, and iron cities. I would war him to take back the land that should have been mine, but I am not prepared for another war. There are 5 people left, meaning I only need to invade one more person to secure my spot. I think I'll go for Poland since he is level 25. I am going to build up against Russia though because cold war is going on. Also I am making a home guard of medium tanks and artillery just in case but my fleets should be able to hold off an invasion from Germany. Spain is now camping in Cuba. Anyways, thats it for today. Btw I wasn't able to report yesterday because this website got blocked on my school computer rip
    • Explain how this tournament works, i dont think it is a Bytro sponsored tournament as well, but i may be wrong.

Secretary of Nova0213