A suggestion...?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• that does make sense, ignoring infantry, Germany in world war II could choose whether to produce Pnz.IIs or Pnz.IVs.
      same with ships and planes. artillery, not really in real life because that would just complicate production of one kind, eg. rocket aartillery, etc
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • whowh wrote:

GrandEmpire wrote:

not really in real life because that would just complicate production of one kind
      Actually I would say that German production was of so many different models that the production was over-complicated.
      Yeah thats what i meant. They didnt stick with one thing
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • As Axis i avoid light tanks and go streight for medium tank. By following that I achive superiority over larger number of light tanks. With tactical and attack bombers and mot. Infantry manage to get true enemy very fast with little to no casualtys.
      Axis is all abouth quality not quantity. If you are active and familiar with doctrines as axis if you stay alive in late mid game you shall allready be wictoryouse.

I allways resrch higher lvls as soon as possible because if not you are at risk to be over runned by someone who did.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Suna232 wrote:

As Axis i avoid light tanks and go streight for medium tank. By following that I achive superiority over larger number of light tanks. With tactical and attack bombers and mot. Infantry manage to get true enemy very fast with little to no casualtys.
      Axis is all abouth quality not quantity. If you are active and familiar with doctrines as axis if you stay alive in late mid game you shall allready be wictoryouse.
      Add SP artillery, SPAA and interceptors in that Axis mix ;)
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

I prefer AA over SPAA in axis as it is cheaper, faster to produce,to resrch and they have buffs in axis. And SPA only in allied doctrine as it have good buffs becaude i dont like them being light armored class, prefer them as unarmored class unit and cheap price, faster resrch and production is important to me.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Suna232 wrote:

BMfox wrote:

I prefer AA over SPAA in axis as it is cheaper, faster to produce,to resrch and they have buffs in axis. And SPA only in allied doctrine as it have good buffs becaude i dont like them being light armored class, prefer them as unarmored class unit and cheap price, faster resrch and production is important to me.
      using normal aa might be good for slow speed stacks but definitely not for fast stacks like you are using
    • The emperor Penguin wrote:

using normal aa might be good for slow speed stacks but definitely not for fast stacks like you are using
      More time is spended in fights then in moveing units true enemys territory. With efficient airstrikes, strong army you go rushing true enemys territory no mather what units, slow or fast. As axis is expensive, to balance your production something needs to go down.
      Alsoo i think that unarmored class is bether for them then light armored one.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Suna232 wrote:

As Axis i avoid light tanks and go streight for medium tank. By following that I achive superiority over larger number of light tanks. With tactical and attack bombers and mot. Infantry manage to get true enemy very fast with little to no casualtys.

I allways resrch higher lvls as soon as possible because if not you are at risk to be over runned by someone who did.
      What I meant was if for example you have a level four med tank but you are getting pushed back so you need more units, thus producing the cheaper level 2 or something
    • NukeBoy123 wrote:

What I meant was if for example you have a level four med tank but you are getting pushed back so you need more units, thus producing the cheaper level 2 or something
      For me, personaly, when i am being pushed back in this game, if my whole army is in frontlines, that is ussually game over if you dont have allies.
      If you are active enof you should have similar or stronger army then your enemys and if you know how to play doctrine you are playing you would be ok.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • No one can deny that it is a good suggestion. if you are not aware, the game used to have this option but was removed for (you guessed it) trolling. The math works out so that its cheaper and faster to produce a low level unit then upgrade it to max level as opposed to straight out buying the unit.
    • whowh wrote:

No one can deny that it is a good suggestion. if you are not aware, the game used to have this option but was removed for (you guessed it) trolling.
      It did? I don't think it was ever possible to choose which level to produce units at. Even in 1.0.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • Wasn't there a drop down option? The default was to choose the top lvl but you could also produce lower levels.

As in, if you wanted to make infantry, the top option was high level infantry but you could also choose lower level units seen beneath it.

The options looked like what happens when you select multiple provinces to make the same building.
    • The point is, basically, you just don't want to be in such a situation that you'd need to lower the level of your units to be able to produce them in time. Having effective unit production may help out.
      Each level of a production building (factory) halves the production times (so lv4 is 8x faster than lv1). Every unit has its minimum production time and cannot be produced any faster than that.
      The production time of a unit in a lv1 factory is always 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x or 1x larger than its minimum production time.

For example, if the unit takes 8x its minimum production time to produce in a lv1 factory, a lv4 factory which makes production times 8x shorter will get the unit exactly to its minimum production time. Upgrading the factory further won't harm but may be costly.

As long as you know this and make sure you're producing units at their minimum production times, producing the upgraded units will actually be more cost- and time-effective. If even then, the minimum production time is too much and you can't get the unit fast enough, just think about the strategy. You may add more bombers, which are able to arrive anywhere quickly (as long as you build airports properly) to deal with sneaky fast units and solve the problem.

whowh wrote:

No one can deny that it is a good suggestion.

There are people who like to use lv1 units only, and only occasionally research higher levels. The advantage of doing this is not having to build higher level factories, research the higher levels and also have the ability to quickly tech switch or react to enemy movements by producing units. They have the free research, so they can spam a ton of different lv1 units at any moment.
      However, upgrades bring a large advantage with them - upgraded units are a lot more cost-effective and don't take long to pay off.
      Allowing the players who upgrade units to start producing lv1 would give them the ability to very quickly react and overwhelm the enemy with mass, and there would be 1 less reason to use the lv1 strategy.
      I can't deny it's a good suggestion. Just saying that there is a variety of strategies and not thinking before doing such a balance change may harm the diversity of the game. It may require patience;)
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
    • Suna232 wrote:

Alsoo i think that unarmored class is bether for them then light armored one.
      People use different strategies as you always say...;)

Light armour is the best armour class for resisting bomber attacks, late game at least. Players tend to create tactical bombers very early game so the armour is the most resistant, and heavy armour is not yet available.
      If you get attacked by 10 attack + 10 tactical bombers and you use unarmoured class, the tactical bombers will deal a lot of damage as they specialize against infantry. If you use heavy armour the attack bombers will deal a lot of damage because they specialize against tanks. But, against light armour, both attack and tactical bombers have just average damage, so 10 of them will deal "average" damage to your army. In the previous examples the 10 attack or tactical bombers were specialized, so dealt a lot of damage.

Even with Axis who have faster medium tanks, equal level SPAA can almost keep up with the medium tanks. The regular AA level available on the same day is way slower. You just don't want a medium tank as slow as AA. If you're faster than the enemy, you can destroy his forces when he spreads them out to defend borders, and avoid his forces when they try to merge into a larger army.

If you use regular Artillery which is just as fast as AA, you should use heavy tanks instead of medium. They are way stronger, the reason they're vulnerable is the speed, and as your medium tank + AA is awfully vulnerable anyway, you don't lose anything:)

Don't take the bonuses this seriously. AA has +15% damage vs. planes and heavy armour as Axis, but as you know, planes are used to deal with fast units and spread out units especially. If you have an AA speed medium tank stack, it's easy to destroy it with SP Artillery and their bombers will more likely focus on your motorized infantry.
      What I mean by "playing the doctrine to its strength" is choosing the strategy that doctrine supports the most, and knowing the bonuses and when they can help you win.
      It's not about desperately trying to produce any unit the doctrine has buffed. Every doctrine has some very useful bonuses, but also ones that are situational and it isn't always wise to use them... or is it.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper