Please stop mixing the HP of units when they are merging

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Please stop mixing the HP of units when they are merging

It's not fun stationing 2 of your 1 HP bombers in a city for them to heal at day change, only for that city to produce a brand new, full hp bomber that, well, got merged with the low HP ones. The speed is crippled as a result and individual bombers now also have a boosted chance of poofing out of existence after an attack. My pain is currently immeasurable. Please Bytro, just make it possible to transfer the HP from a stack to a single unit of the same type or make it possible to group multiple units in a stack without them having to interchanging HP.
    • Claudio von Panjim wrote:

Bad idea, not fantasy, it is real life based
      Well, then think about it this way, as i might have not made myself clear in the original post: It's war time. Two tank divisions meet, one is returning home, it's extremely battle scarred, and the other division just rolled out of the factory ready to go to war. Do you think it would be realistic for them to trade these tanks amongst themselves like they're pokemon cards? Do you think that the division commander would be okay with offering a bunch of brand new tanks to some guys returning home in exchange for a bunch of damaged ones that he will now have to go to war with? I don't think he'd realistically choose to have his brand new tanks be forced to keep up with tanks that have broken engines and blown up tracks, so that's why my suggestion was and is to be able to merge same type units together without them dividing HP.
      Basically: If i merge a 1 HP tank and a 24HP tank into a stack, i still want to have a 1 HP tank and a 24 HP tank in my stack once i split them, not two 12.5 HP tanks, you get where i'm getting at?

El Patron - wrote:

Horrible, I hated your proposal. My opinion.
      Elaborate, i want to see why it would be a bad addition to the game.

Edit: Adding artistic representation for further clarification.
      Files
      • truth.png

(30.9 kB, downloaded 7 times, last: )
      • blasphemy.png

(41.48 kB, downloaded 8 times, last: )

The post was edited 4 times, last by Lain_ ().

• Lain_ wrote:

Claudio von Panjim wrote:

Bad idea, not fantasy, it is real life based
      Well, then think about it this way, as i might have not made myself clear in the original post: It's war time. Two tank divisions meet, one is returning home, it's extremely battle scarred, and the other division just rolled out of the factory ready to go to war. Do you think it would be realistic for them to trade these tanks amongst themselves like they're pokemon cards? Do you think that the division commander would be okay with offering a bunch of brand new tanks to some guys returning home in exchange for a bunch of damaged ones that he will now have to go to war with? I don't think he'd realistically choose to have his brand new tanks be forced to keep up with tanks that have broken engines and blown up tracks, so that's why my suggestion was and is to be able to merge same type units together without them dividing HP.Basically: If i merge a 1 HP tank and a 24HP tank into a stack, i still want to have a 1 HP tank and a 24 HP tank in my stack once i split them, not two 12.5 HP tanks, you get where i'm getting at?

El Patron - wrote:

Horrible, I hated your proposal. My opinion.
      Elaborate, i want to see why it would be a bad addition to the game.

Edit: Adding artistic representation for further clarification.
      You are saying the same system that was distributed in 1.0. Because when 1 units were lost whose all the damage was in it, your convoy returned with 100% life. And that was why the armored vehicles lost efficiency and as artillery were the main weapons of combat. But in 1.5, with divided health facilitating the melee brought the armor back to the battlefield. So what you just suggested is ridiculous. Although, they will never hear you. I'm just being honest! Good game.
      VENGANZA DEL MAL
      Moderator | Call of War
      Bytro Labs GmbH | PT Community Support

• You have to keep in mind that by merging your damaged units with new ones that you can actually heal them up and make them fight again. Where otherwise you would lose those heavily damaged planes, they now get a second chance which enables you to maintain a larger air force. I only see positive sides in the long run.
      BMfox

EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!

Dinosaurs died because they didn't evolve, luckily COW does. Let's embrace it instead of complaining about it.

"It's only cold when you need petrol to get a tank out of the ice to depart": my bootcamp training sergeant.
    • When units are in stack, you dont see seperet units hp, you see hp of stack.
      That is different.

And it helps because if 1 unit in stack of 10 same units have hp lower then 50% and every other unit have full or close to full hp. Stack wont have speed penalty for hp because hp of stack is over 50%.

Everything else have allready been told.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна

The post was edited 1 time, last by Suna232 ().

• New

BMfox wrote:

You have to keep in mind that by merging your damaged units with new ones that you can actually heal them up and make them fight again. Where otherwise you would lose those heavily damaged planes, they now get a second chance which enables you to maintain a larger air force. I only see positive sides in the long run.
      In theory, the combat capacity and the heal rate is the same. In reality, I see three issues :
      - Your new unit is going to become a slow unit (not if merged with ONE damaged unit, but typically if merged with 3 or 4 of them),
      - Given that at most 10 units attack at the same time, it is better to have 10 pristine units and 10 units badly mauled than 20 "average" units.
      - If you want to modernize a unit, it is the same price to modernize a unit at 100% and a unit at 50%, but sometimes it is not worth the price to modernize a unit at 50%

There is also the issue of unit maintenance being the same for units at 1% or units at 100%. In theory it can make sense, in practice it means you may want to send badly mauled units to their death.

In my opinion, the game really needs a way to merge units (even at the cost of time !) so players can choose between the tactical flexibility of separating the units and the efficiency of keeping them merged. I know what I would choose 80% of the time... Currently, the situation is that I am sometimes actively trying to kill some units (eg my Dominican Republic AAR) because I don't want the cost of a stack badly damaged low-mobility units like AT tanks or militia, which merged together would be worth one militia or one AT tank ; but still cost you 5 times that in maintenance.

Bonus frustration in this : this is not new code, since the feature exists (from 1.0), and when it existed it did not merge units of different level of upgrade (which could happen with gifted units in the past) - so it is a design decision.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Chimere ().

• New

Chimere wrote:

In my opinion, the game really needs a way to merge units (even at the cost of time !) so players can choose between the tactical flexibility of separating the units and the efficiency of keeping them merged. I know what I would choose 80% of the time...

Bonus frustration in this : this is not new code, since the feature exists (from 1.0), and when it existed it did not merge units of different level of upgrade (which could happen with gifted units in the past) - so it is a design decision.
      Good point about costs of merging. 1 till 2 hours and 1k/unit dollar for merging sound ok.

And i suppose it should be possible even to dismis units, but not for free. 25% of recruitment ressource for dismis would be fair, plus 4 till 8 hours.
    • New

Lain_ wrote:

It's not fun stationing 2 of your 1 HP bombers in a city for them to heal at day change, only for that city to produce a brand new, full hp bomber that, well, got merged with the low HP ones. The speed is crippled as a result and individual bombers now also have a boosted chance of poofing out of existence after an attack.
      Own fault, airforces "heal" even on patrol. You should never land damaged airforces in town with running factory.
      And even if you did, it is not big drama. Recruit another new Air squdron and merge again. So you get 4er stack without speed debuff. And why do you use airforces in stacks below 5? 10er or even 15er stack is must have. For air superiority based warfare.