Pinned infantry guide 1.5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• infantry guide 1.5

Milita:
      Total Levels: 4
      Terrain bonuses: 25% hills, 25% mountain, and 50% forest
      Abilites: Can be only detected by interceptors, armored cars, motorized infantry with higher or same level when in every ground terrain except plains.
      Preferred Targets: Unarmored
      Class: Unarmored
      Usage: Defensive/Ambush
      Best Counter Tactical Bomber/Rocket Artillery
      Doctrine Bonuses: Pan Asian and Comintern
      Personal Opinion: It is a good and cheap defensive unit due to its concealment and terrain bonuses. They are similar to commandos in some respects, but they're weaker and have less concealment bonuses.However, I due not suggest you to integrate it into your offensives. They will bog down the speed of your army and they're weak in direct engagements. Plus it's extremely weak when facing armored or air units.

Infantry:
      Total Levels:7
      Terrain Bonuses: Mountain 20%, Forest 20%, and Urban 50%
      Abilities: None
      Usage: Defensive
      Doctrine Bonuses: Comintern and Pan Asian
      Best Counter: Tactical Bomber/Rocket Artillery
      Personal Opinion: It's a much better unit than Miltia in directly engaging enemies. They are a crucia part of your army in early game to early mid game. Although, it's a defensive unit, using it as an offensive unit is completely acceptable. It's is a solid unit that can counter light armor and heavy armor to an extent. However, the key weakness is that it lacks speed and stealth. Although, faster than milita it's still comparatively slower than most infantry. Additionally, its offensive values aren't the best.

Motorized Infantry:
      Total Levels:6
      Terrain Bonuses: 25% plain, 25% urban
      Abilities: Scouting
      Usage: Scout/Offensive
      Doctrine Bonuses:Axis
      Best Counter: Tactical Bomber/Rocket Artillery
      Personal Opinion:
      In my opinion one of the best infantry units. It can move along quickly with their armored counterparts in breakthrough attacks. Although, Mech infantry has better values than motorized infantry, mech infantry units are more expensive. While, Infantry is cheaper, but is less powerful and lacks offensive values and speed. In addition Motorized infantry can easily detect stealth units, which saved me from a lot of ambushes. They also can deal a decent amount of damage to light armor and heavy armor. This unit can serve as your major infantry unit in mid game or late game. Their only weakness is that they're slightly weaker compared to mechanized infantry. Also, they lack sufficient defensive values in comparison to their counter parts. The major weakness is probably the fact that they also lack extensive terrain bonuses.

Mechanized Infantry:
      Total Levels:5
      Terrain Bonuses: 25% plain, 25% urban
      Abilities: None
      Class:Light Armored
      Usage:Offensive/Defensive
      Doctrine Bonuses: Axis
      Best Counter: Medium Tank/Attack Bomber
      Personal Opinion:
      Extremely strong against all infantry units. It has good defensive and offensive values compared to most infantry. Also, it's pretty fast compared to most. Additionally, it's light armored, so infantry units don't perform very well against it. However, it's class serves both as a blessing and a curse. This makes it extremely susceptible Heavy tanks, Medium tanks, Light tanks, Tank destroyers, and Anti-Tank. Additionally it's not a cheap unit and takes some time to build. I would not suggest people to build this unless they have extensive resources. Also, they lack any combat bonuses from any doctrine.

Commandos:
      Total Levels:3
      Terrain Bonuses: 50% Mountain, 50% Forest
      Abilites: Stealth, Ignores Fortifications
      Preferred Targets: light armor
      Usage: Offensive/Ambush/Infiltration
      Doctrine Bonuses: Allies
      Best Counter: Motorized Infantry
      Personal Opinion: One of the best stealth units. It's practically undetectable in any ground terrain making it good for gurillea warfare. Also, it's good against light armored units, which is unique for any infantry unit. Send this unit to wipe out unprotected ordnance units and lone light armored units. Additionally it has good terrain bonuses. However, this unit can be destroyed if it's engaged in extensive direct combat. Also, it has weak defensive values. It takes quite long to build and is quite expensive.

Paratroopers:
      Total Levels:4
      Terrain Bonuses: 25% hill, 50% forest
      Abilities : Stealth in Forest, can convert into an air unit.
      Usage: Ambush/Infiltration
      Doctrine Bonuses: Allies
      Best Counter: Rocket Artillery/Tactical Bombers/ Interceptors
      Personal Opinion: In my opinion has little use. Unlike the commandos it's not an extensive stealth units. Even worse it's practically paralyzed for the first few hours after dropping. This unit is not a cheap unit either. However, despite the short comings there are still some limited uses such as taking major production cities or major airfields.
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

In my opinion one of the best infantry units. It can move along quickly with their armored counterparts in breakthrough attacks. Although, Mech infantry has better values than motorized infantry, mech infantry units are more expensive. While, Infantry is cheaper, but is less powerful and lacks offensive values and speed. In addition Motorized infantry can easily detect stealth units, which saved me from a lot of ambushes. They also can deal a decent amount of damage to light armor and heavy armor. This unit can serve as your major infantry unit in mid game or late game. Their only weakness is that they're slightly weaker compared to mechanized infantry. Also, they lack sufficient defensive values in comparison to their counter parts. The major weakness is probably the fact that they also lack extensive terrain bonuses.
      Agree, but I think one has to view mot infantry like a unique unit that isn't all that similar to any of the other infantry units.
      Mot infantry is the fastest land unit in the game, has a high view range and can detect stealth units. This makes it perfect for scouting, sneaking behind enemy lines and picking off reinforcements or capturing provinces. Because it's better offensively, this role suits it very well.
      I don't think they are OP, they are strong but also require a very active player, and being active is always an advantage. But I always use them as Axis where they have a speed and damage bonus.

vietcong2005 wrote:

Personal Opinion: In my opinion has little use. Unlike the commandos it's not an extensive stealth units. Even worse it's practically paralyzed for the first few hours after dropping. This unit is not a cheap unit either. However, despite the short comings there are still some limited uses such as taking major production cities or major airfields.
      I also agree, but paratroopers just have to be situational if you want them to have a strategic role, not be an OP unit.

They are sometimes useful if your enemy has a perfect frontline and you can't get through to the cities and airports. Also, if the airports are high level and the enemy uses short-ranged planes, you may be able to take his airports one after one, and get to the airports in his back in a few hours, which can allow you to destroy more units and buildings with bombers, and also distract the enemy.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
    • Claudio NVKP wrote:

Same can be written with tanks and others easily. Anyone can if they read the units

BMfox wrote:

cool, that's one guide less I have to write :)
      I'm up to do it for tanks and ordnance. If BMfox is ok with me doing it, then you'll definitely be seeing two more guides this week ;).
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Also maybe I should just combine this guide and add the ground units (tanks, ordnance, rocket arty/SP, and RRG) to make an "ALL GROUND UNITS - 1.5 Guide". (I'll give credits to vietcong for the infantry part and the layout)

Just a thought :D

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

o7
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Same can be written with tanks and others easily. Anyone can if they read the units

BMfox wrote:

I'm up to do it for tanks and ordnance. If BMfox is ok with me doing it, then you'll definitely be seeing two more guides this week ;).
      Go ahead :)
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

BMfox wrote:

Go ahead :)
      'Tis my honour to announce the guide is complete :D

o7