Demi-World Chronicles- Titanic War

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GrandEmpire wrote:

The Red Union consists of Nora (a very large, industrious country), Wintonia, Mangonia and Xin (all small nations)
      Why does this sound too much like the USSR? One mega large nation with a ton of resources and some small nations bound to it. Also, it is almost the same as a former state that it rebelled from.
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

I REALLY think Armstris is the MC, the amount of Detail put into Armstris suggests propaganda film that highlights general, i mean Field Marshal Hog's achievements, the general competence of the Naval high command, and the performance of Devastators in general. And also the lack of information on the West League. Basically the West League are portrayed as Inferior class, No organisation, cannot defend their lands cowards which go about surrendering to armies smaller than them.
      What i mean by MC is that there is a Bias in this particular telling of facts.
      Evidently it can also be That their records were destroyed due to their defeat later on or atleast altered by treaty.
      yeh, i want the Red Union to win, because if Armstris wins then Genocide will continue on a larger scale.
      No, Im trying to be unbiased... what is there to say about West League in 1914? they just failed. Devastators were invented by Dora, also The Armstris Empire is by far the most powerful nation, so yes the League is inferior. The URI will put up a horrendous defence for 1915-16 so you arent right about that. Here is some general info about Red Union:

The Red Union is a totaliterian state, however its leader doesnt have absolute power, somewhat like the position of Mussolini. Im not sure what else to say, you have to ask specific questions about it.

URI: The United Republic of Inamorta used to be balanced by the EA, but after winning in 1904 they gained absolute regional supremacy and established puppet governments in Tropia, Oslo, Great Olton, and the EASTERN Alliance. again if u want ask specific questions.

Armstris Empire:
      Established 1617, Fu Hong came to power 1613. The Army high command is shattered, and Hog is basically carrying the First Colonies armies, but that will change when Colonel-General Wulf arrives in Sea Demon. There is no bias towards them, 1914 was just a good year for them!

Also on the genocide thing, Demi-World is very much only just begining to stumble into some sort of international law and human rights. Here is some stuff on the Azernian Genocide:
      Azernian Genocide
      The Azernian Genocide was the systematic mass slaughter and deliberate attempt to wipe out the Azernian race, lasting from 1914-1918. It resulted in 189,298 Azernian deaths, but did not expand further and was stopped at the end of the Titanic War. The main killing occurred in death camps CC-1, CC-2, CC-3. The camps were rather slow, and used machine guns to murder their victims. Beside those camps, 3 other existed, the Sarms 15, Underberg and Hopers Ville Camps. All camps were later abandoned, many were destroyed.
      The Azernian Genocide was initially Colonial Order#151 which stated that the “populace of Azernia should be kept in check due to the mass riots”. However, it grew to a systematic slaughter by local ACS Forces, greatly encouraged by Colonel Sef, a genocidal maniac and a fanatic who viewed the Azernians as a lesser peoples. Therefore, the Armstris Government took little blame despite its involvements, Sef was given a Black Death Sentence, and shipped over to Dora for the actual execution following the post-war years. Azernia itself was subdued beyond protest. The Armstris Imperial Government received no backlash from the horrific event, blame was given to the ACS forces involved, and most of those received punishment.

and some stuff on the Blacklands Uprisings:

Blacklands Uprisings
      The Blacklands Uprisings was a period of open rebellion in the states of Free Azernia, Beeth and Anglia, to a lesser extent Occupied Azernia. The period started in January 15th and lasted until February 5th.
      The open rebellion began in Free Azernia, when 20,000 men, most armed, stormed the ACS (Armstris Colonial Service) headquarters. What meant to be a peaceful protest turned into a gunfight, and when the ACS HQ was razed turned into widespread rebellion. This revolt spread to Anglia and Beeth. In Azernia the revolt was short lived, a population unorganized and uncoordinated. The Azernian Revolts lasted for just 3 days before dying down after harsh repressions, and events such as the Azernian Genocide.

Beeth and Anglia however, had a much more organized and gutsy populace. The ACS Quarters were burned, and ACS leaders were hanged in public. On the 20th of January 15,000 armed militia took multiple cities in Anglia, while the entire country of Beeth was liberated and 50,000 armed. However, by the 3rd of February things were looking grim. The SACS (Special Armstris Colonial Service) went into action and The Anglia Massacre and Beeth Massacre followed, over 38,000 were killed and 70,000 arrested.By the 5th of February the last of rebel forces lay their arms down, and the Blacklands Uprisings were over. What followed was a period of harsh martial law, and eventually a shaky return to normal.

Plus you really shouldnt prefer the Red Union. Its people are fairly happy, but the government is brutal.

Once again i beg everyone to ask more specific questions, because i realise that you dont know what i do, and i cant send EVERYTHING in these posts, so please ask me stuff
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • whowh wrote:

GrandEmpire wrote:

The Red Union consists of Nora (a very large, industrious country), Wintonia, Mangonia and Xin (all small nations)
      Why does this sound too much like the USSR? One mega large nation with a ton of resources and some small nations bound to it. Also, it is almost the same as a former state that it rebelled from.
      It is not based on the U.S.S.R. The smaller nations, exlcluding Wintonia, were all already fairly Noran. Plus the people are actually happy with their nation
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • right, No human rights, also how is this War not mobile? You have SP arty, Devastators etc, i would see the complete destruction of all Noran offensive capabilities in the Sea as being being a thing the Armstris navy is completely capable to commit to do.
      Lesotho was conquered within 1 month of invasion, thats as fast as Germany's invasion of Poland and certainly faster than ww1.
      Also i dont see how entire Armies are going to be mobilised across the sea in such a prevarious position for either side, did Noran create s counter for devastators? If they didnt what were they doing in Deval island? The Pergonians have An up-to-date Navy and logistics line? If not how are they intending to gain victory in Wintonia unless 20:1 superiority?
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • wot wot your talking too quikly.. i didnt understand all of that.
      Amrstris Empire doesnt want to damage their navy too much, the Red Union navy is much bigger and can repair much faster, the Red Union produces ships 3 times the speed of AE.

Pegronian Union has a very modern navy as mentioned.

I didnt get anything else you said.

Also there ARE human rights just not as heavily inforced

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • war will get mobile going into 1915, position of respective countries is nightmarish for logistics

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • GrandEmpire wrote:

war will get mobile going into 1915, position of respective countries is nightmarish for logistics
      from what i know No one has a good logistics staff and This will be really interesting
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • yes they do! Well, actually no one does. Pegronian Union does, but it has been unprepared...

PLEASE ask me specific questions i want you to know as much as possible aghhh.

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • statistics: What are the belligerent's GDP?
      Population?
      Tradition and culture?
      Who wants what?
      What is the wider world going to do?

Secretary of Nova0213
    • OK i will explain some stuff.
      Tbh i dont know how GDP works, but the Red Union is number one economy, Pegronian Union is 3rd, Armstris Empire is 5th, URI is way back

The Red Union has a massive population, in the billions. Armstris Empire has about 370,000,000 in the Home Island, but adding all occupied territory and puppet nations, over 800 mill.

TRadition and culture... ye even i cant make that up for so many nations. But if you want, just imagine Red Union culture as China, AE as Japan, Pegronian Union as Prussia, URI as Iran. Just their CULTURES nothing else

Who wants what is more complicated... Red Union mainly wants to establish dominance over the Westland, and play a larger role in the wider world, since it is almost shackled by AE and PU. The URI is very overconfident and its leaders imagine an empire controlling the entire central and south Westland. Armstris Empire doenst have any major imperialistic goals, just wants to subdue Red Union since it is probs the biggest threat. Pegronian Union as i said just wants to be left alone, it was sucked into the war, and it doesnt like having a major, hungry nation right next to it (Red Union) that is its mortal/ideological enemy.

Wider world is quite interested. Mesra is unnoticably moving towards imperialistic dictatorship, and wants to start supporting West Pact, as i said Mesra is a former member. Mesra and Pegronian Union have an official alliance, however historically they arnt great freinds. The Doran Empire is rapidly finishing its Army Reconstruction program and may join the war since it is anxcious to gain back some of its lost power. Any more info will have to be more specific questions... your asking too general and wide questions that are hard to write everything about, ask more specific questions.

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Why did dora disarm and immediately rearm? Crazy plan? Stupid leaders?
      EDIT: Nominal GDP calculated by private spendings + foreign investments + Governmental spendings + (exports - imports)
      PPP is basically this but with Cost of Living factored in.

Secretary of Nova0213

The post was edited 1 time, last by Karl von Krass ().

• Dora had such a trash army that it felt it needed to reconstruct from scratch

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • GrandEmpire wrote:

Dora had such a trash army that it felt it needed to reconstruct from scratch
      seems legit Wehrmacht was soo good since they removed the old

Secretary of Nova0213
    • any other nation besides these???

Secretary of Nova0213
    • YES of course! i think there are 56 in total

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • they are standing back doing nothing?

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Why should they? Who wants to be sucked in a potential world war? plus they are quite far away, all countries in Westland are in the war

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Westland is a super continent connected to other land masses?

Secretary of Nova0213
    • What? No, it kind of looks like the Americas. It's a continent.

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • wot mod delete these spam messages their ruining the thread

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength