Doctrines of the Titans- the solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• your making it far more complicated than need be
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Grand, France wasn't a titan during the war. German troops overran Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, and France in six weeks. They signed an armistice, basically leaving Britain as the only allied power, since the US wasn't in the war back then.
      -Aritemis

The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee.
    • THIS IS 1939 the french army was the STRONGEST at that time the Germans won in 1940 becaus eof pincer attack
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Aritemis wrote:

Grand, France wasn't a titan during the war. German troops overran Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, and France in six weeks. They signed an armistice, basically leaving Britain as the only allied power, since the US wasn't in the war back then.
      France lost because of polítics and bad leadership. In numbers and armament France was superior than germany by 1940.
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • Aritemis wrote:

So if I get hold of all nukes in the world then fall off a cliff, does that mean that I am a world superpower?
      Every superpower could be humilliated if they had bad leadership. Soviet unión on the winter war Is a excelent example, even the US could be humilliated against a small country if the high command and polítics Is bad, united states on Vietnam Is an example of a superpower Beeing defeated against a small nation just because the polítics do not support the war effort.
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • exactly hence the six titans and six doctrines

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

There has never been a general doctrine before in World War II. Most countries received training and equipment from Japan, Germany, Italy, France, UK, or the USA.
      But not all of them were solely acquiring arms from any single power. Finland, for example, was an absolute hodgepodge. Romania used some German equipment, but also had its own arms industry with its own weapons and vehicles. Italy, likewise, was hardly using German equipment as the bulk of its wargear like in this game. China was a mess of Commonwealth, American, and Czechoslovakian small arms with French, Soviet, and other armored vehicles sprinkled in.
      Then there's Czeckoslovakia, itself, that had an impressive arms industry. What about Yugoslavia? Its armored battalions were split between French and Czech vehicles, with German and British fighters and Italian bombers.

An International doctrine to apply to countries that were such a mix would only serve to add more variation to the game, and deserves a place just as much as any of the "titan" doctrines.
    • I think such a doctrine should just be called "international," with penalties against research (as the countries with this hypothetical doctrine generally didn't have fully mature arms industries to compete with the "titans") and increased unit cost (as they're more dependant on international arms dealing and the prices thereof, rather than local industries).

In exchange, they could get a Pan-asian-like bonus to terrain, cheaper upgrades (international arms dealers compete fiercely for contracts to service their existant equipment) and cheaper trade fees that allow players more elbow room to manage resource imports and exports on the global market.