Doctrines of the Titans- the solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BishBashBosh wrote:

on what grounds would you give a French doctrine a defence bonus? I liked the resistance idea, even if strictly too early in 1939. So if you want to be strict to 1939 then the French defence was an utter disaster… Maginot line anyone?!
      nah the maginot line did it's job. the fall of France was more due to the incompetence of the French high command.
      "I don't know jeff!"

Chris kamara
    • the maginot line was an actual good line of defence but they didn’t connect it to belgium so when the germans went through the ardennes and belgium . French political tension was high but now politics were mixed with french high command action , causing lots of confusion and a lot of unclear orders from different people.
    • In fact the Maginot line did its job its the Belgian who didn't do it because the maginot line was designed to defend France and Belgium from a German agression, the project was to put the maginot line in front of the French border and prepare a defensive line on the river of the meuse but the Belgian who wants to stay neutral broke the defensive pact with france and demilitarized its border allowing the german to invade belgium and the ardenne weren't defended because the french high command think the german couldn't pass througt the ardenne so it was a complete mess

Sorry if i have done a mistake I'm French
      "Impossible n'est pas français"

Napoleon
    • Blackchastel wrote:

In fact the Maginot line did its job its the Belgian who didn't do it because the maginot line was designed to defend France and Belgium from a German agression, the project was to put the maginot line in front of the French border and prepare a defensive line on the river of the meuse but the Belgian who wants to stay neutral broke the defensive pact with france and demilitarized its border allowing the german to invade belgium and the ardenne weren't defended because the french high command think the german couldn't pass througt the ardenne so it was a complete mess

belgium not guarding itself properly is one , french high command being incompetent is another, they had intel on germany striking through the ardennes , yet they continue going to belgium . But everyone in france was fighting for power( political instability) so no coordination
    • Blackchastel wrote:

In fact the Maginot line did its job its the Belgian who didn't do it because the maginot line was designed to defend France and Belgium from a German agression, the project was to put the maginot line in front of the French border and prepare a defensive line on the river of the meuse but the Belgian who wants to stay neutral broke the defensive pact with france and demilitarized its border allowing the german to invade belgium and the ardenne weren't defended because the french high command think the german couldn't pass througt the ardenne so it was a complete mess

Firstly this is partly wrong, for a fact I'm Belgain.

There was a defensive network of forts and citadels along the Meuse river.
      The Ardennes were considered as impregnable as the terrain is impossible to move trough with armored vehicles. For this reason the French didn't believe the scout report that had spotted a lot of armored vehicles in the Ardennes.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

There was a defensive network of forts and citadels along the Meuse river.
      I agree with that but the problem is during the 18 day invasion the german took a important fort with paratrooper even if they were in inferior number this allow the german to cross the meuse river

BMfox wrote:

The Ardennes were considered as impregnable as the terrain is impossible to move trough with armored vehicles. For this reason the French didn't believe the scout report that had spotted a lot of armored vehicles in the Ardennes.
      Fun fact a plane report more than one thousand tank and the french high command didn't believe the report and another fact if i remember is the belgian or the french shot a german plane and discovered the german plan but thought it was a fake one they destroyed it .

Napoleon
    • Blackchastel wrote:

I agree with that but the problem is during the 18 day invasion the german took a important fort with paratrooper even if they were in inferior number this allow the german to cross the meuse river
      The Belgians had only a small standing army and wouldn't have been able to stop the Germans even with all the fortifications you can imagine.
      BMfox

• BMfox wrote:

For this reason the French didn't believe the scout report that had spotted a lot of armored vehicles in the Ardennes.
      It's not that they did not believe the scout plane. they thought it was a diversionary attack not that main one. once they finally realized it was the main attack it was far too late
      "I don't know jeff!"

Chris kamara
    • BMfox wrote:

The Belgians had only a small standing army and wouldn't have been able to stop the Germans even with all the fortifications you can imagine.
      I know that but i mean that if the belgian hold this fort it would have allowed the french and the british to help the belgian

AMG Morgan wrote:

It's not that they did not believe the scout plane. they thought it was a diversionary attack not that main one. once they finally realized it was the main attack it was far too late
      Even if they thouht it was a diversionary attack the french high command should have known that the german pass throught the ardennes in the franco prussian war of 1870 and in 1940 so it was obvious that the german will go throught in this war

Napoleon
    • French high command was an absolute mess your right, and so was the British (don't get me wrong I am British) they presumed to think that the Germans would give up, they were so determined to not get stuck in the trenches again which is what they thought would happen a repeat of 1914, however unlike the french who had a larger but more outdated military than the germans and the British who were busy trying to make new technology do outdated stuff, the result the french were overthrown and the British pushed back to there island, the difference french surrender versus the British will to "never surrender"
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • For what it's worth I really like the idea of a French and English Doctrine. I especially like the idea of the French doctrine countries being able to build buildings faster. As for a naming the French Doctrine; someone with a similar idea suggested the name "entente." Even if that term has WWI baggage I think it's a good name.
    • Zaktty wrote:

the result the french were overthrown and the British pushed back to there island, the difference french surrender versus the British will to "never surrender"
      That's said a bit too easy. Of course the French had to capitulate with German division after division closing in on Paris. It's easy to say Britain will never surrender when they never had a German boot on soil. I'd like to know what Churchill would have said if the Germans would have been at a pissing distance from London.
      BMfox

• Honestly (in my opinion), the battle of London would have either been

A) Stalingrad 2.0 with the Brits literally fighting til all of Britain burned to the ground
      B) A complete evacuation with the government escaping to hidden bunkers and the SAS carrying out raids
      C) Churchill suddenly turning around and agreeing to split the world with Germany