Ship names

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Warsaw Pact wrote:

Rather than making up names yourself, Bytro could have a list of suggested names in a database then randomly assign them per country.
      Like for Germany Tirpitz, Bismarck etc.

This prevents stupidly inappropriate names.
      That's exactly how it works. You open up the Naming Menu and a name (randomly generated from a database list ) is in there already, you have the option of modifying it and making it personal.

There will be some who make a conscious choice to be improper, and they should be dealt with appropriately. That should not rob the rest of the folks their freedoms or range of options, should it?
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • The Warsaw Pact wrote:

Destructo the Great wrote:

some one named a railway gun “big p**** digger”
      Rather than making up names yourself, Bytro could have a list of suggested names in a database then randomly assign them per country.

But what if I have a good name - e.g., I always name my Japanese ships after pre-dreadnoughts Mikasa, Asahi, etc. - that nonetheless gets cancelled by that?
      Also what about countries without navies?
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • I'd think they'd have some trouble coming up with names for Ma Clique battleships)))
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

I'd think they'd have some trouble coming up with names for Ma Clique battleships)))
      Could be named after Chinese battleships.
      Has China made any battleships? They bought two from Germany in the 1880s.
      — Marshal Foch

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

I'd think they'd have some trouble coming up with names for Ma Clique battleships)))
      Could be named after Chinese battleships.Has China made any battleships? They bought two from Germany in the 1880s.
      Well they were in the middle of a civil war... you usually don't need any battleships in those. But this is a presumption.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Lord Crayfish wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Could be named after Chinese battleships.Has China made any battleships? They bought two from Germany in the 1880s.
      Well they were in the middle of a civil war... you usually don't need any battleships in those. But this is a presumption.
      Call it dingyuan maybe en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_ironclad_Dingyuan
      知己知彼,百战不殆
      :00010164: :00008172: :00002178: :00002047: :00000156: :00010180: :00010317:
    • lol, OK... now get me one for Bolivia. And when you thought of one, how about Bechuanaland?
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Destructo the Great wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Lord Crayfish wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Dingyuan... a fitting opponent for my Mikasa and Asahi.
      — Marshal Foch

• OneNutSquirrel wrote:

The Warsaw Pact wrote:

That's exactly how it works. You open up the Naming Menu and a name (randomly generated from a database list ) is in there already, you have the option of modifying it and making it personal.
      There will be some who make a conscious choice to be improper, and they should be dealt with appropriately. That should not rob the rest of the folks their freedoms or range of options, should it?
      But like more creative names generator

K.Rokossovski wrote:

lol, OK... now get me one for Bolivia. And when you thought of one, how about Bechuanaland?
      Don't have to be real ones, just names that sound Bolivian

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Warsaw Pact ().

• The Warsaw Pact wrote:

OneNutSquirrel wrote:

The Warsaw Pact wrote:

That's exactly how it works. You open up the Naming Menu and a name (randomly generated from a database list ) is in there already, you have the option of modifying it and making it personal.There will be some who make a conscious choice to be improper, and they should be dealt with appropriately. That should not rob the rest of the folks their freedoms or range of options, should it?
      But like more creative names generator

K.Rokossovski wrote:

lol, OK... now get me one for Bolivia. And when you thought of one, how about Bechuanaland?
      Don't have to be real ones, just names that sound Bolivian
      What about the ironclad defender Huáscar? Fought Chile's Admiralte Cochrane in the War of the Pacific.
      — Marshal Foch

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

Destructo the Great wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Lord Crayfish wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Dingyuan... a fitting opponent for my Mikasa and Asahi.
      let’s try to sink them this time
      知己知彼,百战不殆
      :00010164: :00008172: :00002178: :00002047: :00000156: :00010180: :00010317: