Replacement for Pay to Win

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Replacement for Pay to Win

I just saw a steam discussion about Call of War. It was not very positive, and some did not like the pay to win feature, comparing it to the pay to win town building games. I understand that the game depends on money to function, and that is why I have proposed a better solution.

Unlocking Skins:
    In call of war there is only one or two skins at max for each unit. I propose that players can buy distinct skins for each unit. The skins can be bought with gold or real money. However, the elite unit skin has to be bought with real money. When the player first starts he will unlock the skins that the game already has now. However, he can buy a new one if he earns more gold or if he uses money. The skins will have no effect on the game itself.

Creation of New Maps:
    Currently the game only has several maps. However, I propose there should be new ones created, such as 1942 historical, 1941 historical, etc. These maps can either be unlocked by gold or real money. You will still get the base maps, such as 1939 historical, 100p, event maps, clash of nations, pacific war, Blitzkrieg, and Road to War, etc.

Hopefully these new features will be able to stamp out the pay to win feature.
  • ye 7 of my freinds dont play just cuz of pay to win
    “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
    Slavery is Freedom
    Weakness is Strength
  • I dont see this game as "pay to win" as i play it for very long time and didnt pay to win...
    Skins in game that is realistic simulation of WW2 and witch is played amongs older generations is not option at all and would be epic fail.
    Gold can get you prty far ahead and give you crazy abilitys buth it is priced very good soo it is not easyly accesable to everyone. People are just makeing excuses to have something to talk abouth. Alot of times player have been described as wallet warrior just cause he spended some gold in game.
    NO that is not what wallet warrior is, everyone can save up 100.000 of gold if playing for a long time and not spending gold, useing it just when he need it. I am that typ of player, i never bought any gold and yet i have few k of gold. Ofc i will use it if i rlly need it and some will call me wallet warriors not knowing how long i have accually colecting that gold for.
    Фарис Синановић, Суна
  • This argument is old and beaten down. People complain when they get beat on "oh that person uses gold oh no" instead of realizing that maybe it was their lack of skill, knowledge or overall strategy?

Out of the hundreds of Supremacy and Call of War games i've played... only TWO maybe THREE times someone used the gold advantage over me and I still think I could have done a better job of strategizing around it.

Gold helps sure and gives a player a big bonus but when players rely on gold to win, they crack and activity + strategy can beat a gold user.
  • I've met newbies accusing better players of being gold spammers, and I've been a victim of that too, but from my experience there is not a lot of actual wallet warriors in this game. There are some, but usually it's easy to distinguish them from a normal skilled player. And even if i play against a heavy gold user, the game allows you to outplay them, as there are many ways to decimate opponent without losing a lot on your side, therefore nullifying gold advantage.
  • Tribunate wrote:

This argument is old and beaten down. People complain when they get beat on "oh that person uses gold oh no" instead of realizing that maybe it was their lack of skill, knowledge or overall strategy?

Out of the hundreds of Supremacy and Call of War games i've played... only TWO maybe THREE times someone used the gold advantage over me and I still think I could have done a better job of strategizing around it.

Gold helps sure and gives a player a big bonus but when players rely on gold to win, they crack and activity + strategy can beat a gold user.
    There will be more if more and more people join. It's only the beginning of the storm right now. As more and more people join there will be more and more gold spammers. The game does not allow you to outplay them. Have you seen a player pump out hundreds of units just on my sector of the front in one day. You haven't met a real one before. If you have you wouldn't be saying this right now.
  • I’m sorry to say that Bytro has already considered all of these forms of revenue, and none of them are sustainable for them as a company. Freezy has made a couple of detailed posts about that so if you want more info you can look at those.
    DoctorDR1

Game Operator
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine