Make surrendering a diplomatic relation.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Make surrendering a diplomatic relation.

I came up with this idea when playing a 1939 historic world war game. When i was playing i realized that if your playing as, say germany, and you invade, say france, you now have to clear out all of the french colonies all across the world in order to fully conquer them. this is annoying and would take days to weeks to complete. So then I thought what if they could surrender, and get rid of this whole problem. After doing some thinking i came up with how this would work. Firstly, if you capture the capitol of an AI or inactive country, they will have a 75% chance of surrendering, as this lowers morale severely. Also, if you have already captured the capitol of a country, and then later they go inactive the effect is the same. I would like to add that all pronvices gained as a result of a surrender taking place, should not have a chance of rebelling, as this would create a lot of other problems. Second, if a country still has an active player it will be up to the player whether to surrender or not. In addition, surrendering will only be avalible once your at war with a different nation. So you do not accidentally surrender, there should a pop-up button to confirm if you want to surrender, this will keep you from surrendering accidentally. Thirdly, once a surrender takes place, the newspaper should probably say something like this, the headline would say, for example, "France Surrenders to the German Empire." Then the body paragraph would go on to say, "Today at 9:51 the country of France has surrendered to the German Empire. This is regarded by the french to be a tragic defeat, while the germans regard this as a glorious victory. Under the article there would be a "Final Casualty Report." Then All French controlled provinces would be under the control of the german government. I would really like to see this implemented in the game. Thank You.
    • good idea but surrendering in real life will not give ur enemy ir land it does the opposite
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Let me guess, you have been lucky enough to become the german empire in a game and have attacked france. After a long brutal battle you are in control of france BUT now all of france's territory is still ahead of you to conquer. The bot that took over france keeps attacking you and the whole game has fallen apart.

But seriously, who would agree to a surrender agreement? They are effectively agreeing to quit the game. Besides, by the time that a country has reached a position where they can surrender, most players will have gone AFK.
    • All I'm getting here is you want to make it even more convenient for people who multi-account, who can just instantly surrender all their provinces to their other account, and they only need to take the capital.

Plus, making a 75% chance for an AI nation to surrender after capturing a capital sounds completely unfair, especially if two nations are fighting over a large landmass such as the Soviet Union, and a nation in Europe just captures Moscow.

This suggestion sounds like it's just rewarding players for doing almost nothing, except for being geographically close to a capital.
      Officer of The Golden Spire (March 2021 - April 2022)
      Secretary of the Secretary of Nova0213
    • as long as it doesnt give all ur provinces to enemy.
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Nova0213 wrote:

All I'm getting here is you want to make it even more convenient for people who multi-account, who can just instantly surrender all their provinces to their other account, and they only need to take the capital.

Plus, making a 75% chance for an AI nation to surrender after capturing a capital sounds completely unfair, especially if two nations are fighting over a large landmass such as the Soviet Union, and a nation in Europe just captures Moscow.

This suggestion sounds like it's just rewarding players for doing almost nothing, except for being geographically close to a capital.
      That’s interesting, imagine you are japan, and you have been fighting the Soviet Union for 5 days, 300k casualties has been inflicted on both sides, its an AI, but the player that went inactive loved gold and mass produced a bunch of troops, you have captured Stalingrad, at this point 390k Japanese has gave there lives, then Sweden paratroops a lvl 1 unit into undefended Moscow and then a minute later they surrender, and you lose all your progress.
    • This would be very interesting! Furthermore, it would solve a very pertinent Call of War problem: giving up a game. It's very stressful to be dealing with a bunch of Inactive Players, because they start declaring war on you like the AI and you have to conquer all your provinces and so on. So, this would give a quicker end to the wars against big countries, like the URSS or the UK in the Historical World War and against several Inactive Players at the same time, besides solving this issue of giving up once and for all.