Do you ever force your defeated opponents into unfair treaties?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If you promise peace, then invade, it's just cruel. I'm not a backstabber. If I have two allies at war, I might give intel to one ally who's closer, but I'm not going to war against my allies. That's just wrong.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • Heh, don't count on it.
      For the Frontier, once and for all, the Red Planet has been colonized...

Call of War User: RhonianConfederation
      Discord Username: Premier Livonian of the Frontier#9560
      Newest Let's Play: ?

I swear to lord if you call me Premier I will crucify you, I prefer the name Livonian :>
    • I don't force unequal treaties. Much less hassle to just completely annex them.

Although, one time, a few years ago, I was playing an All In map as UK, and I invaded Cuba. (This was 1.0 btw.) They begged me to stop, so I agreed, in exchange for some resources, and all of their land except the capital. They eventually attacked me accidentally, so I used that as an excuse to finish them off.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • Phoenix4969 wrote:

IronKnight wrote:

Heh, don't count on it.
      Look, i just beat cora and that will bump me up into the top 300 when rankings update. And this guy called me a chicken like 20 times on global when he challenged me. I accepted, and its 6v1 in my favor, and a win there will pull us ahead of 1st peace
      Crazy me Decided to join in as Well, and that one dude has the unfortunate Luck of being next to me.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

Phoenix4969 wrote:

IronKnight wrote:

Heh, don't count on it.
      Look, i just beat cora and that will bump me up into the top 300 when rankings update. And this guy called me a chicken like 20 times on global when he challenged me. I accepted, and its 6v1 in my favor, and a win there will pull us ahead of 1st peace
      Crazy me Decided to join in as Well, and that one dude has the unfortunate Luck of being next to me.
      Sorry i wasted your time with a 6v1 karl. Next time i borrow you i'll find a harder opponent
    • gapzop wrote:

i mostly just Annex them outright, giving Them treaties only if i see a war dragging too long for my other enemies to come in.
      you have learnt... Well, my dear
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • If they're willing, sap a few resources out of them first, attacking & annexing gives you less resources.
      If you say there are no limits in the world, why do you say to keep trying until you get something right? There is no limit of wrong answers, you're wasting your life away for a goal you can never reach. :00002178:

-Alexandera Nevsky
    • it's kill or be killed, Some dont even know how to negotiate, and by the time of negotiations one party quits or just declines negotiation.

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

it's kill or be killed, Some dont even know how to negotiate, and by the time of negotiations one party quits or just declines negotiation.
      Agreed. I tried to provide a negotiation in good faith on a HWW map, I (USA) to British India. Neither of us had yet attacked, though he was quickly expanding into Africa and Australia, while I had taken Canada, Mexico and spent the time to build a massive army and economy (being fourth in terms of VP at this time). I had funds to ensure spies everywhere, and caught 75% of his force heading to across the pacific to attack the homeland.

Luckily for me already at (25% of military power, next in line was 9%), my fleet was within range from various areas and were sent to engage. I provided him a notice 4hrs from day change with the following terms or face ultimate destruction. He had no idea of my actual force composition, or how close I truly was.

• Pay 60% of all resources including cash (revealed from intel)
      • He shares map for peace from me.
      • Withdraw from Africa and surrender all lands to be annexed by Spain
      • Withdraw from Australia/NZ and surrender all lands to be annexed by me
      • Surrender Bombay, Karachi, Colombo and all South Asian (non India) territories to me
      • Return all land units to India homeland
      • Station entire navy to a location of my choosing for scuttling (there was no airforce, or that would be included)
      • No construction of any ships, airforce or secret weapons or offensive land units
      • Construction of airfields at locations of my choosing, funded by me.
      • Daily payment of $2000 cash, 2000 oil, 1000 food, 1000 metal, 1000 rare minerals for 15 days after terms are accepted
      • Acceptance of terms publicly on newspaper accepting my mercy, highlighting my dominance not requiring military engagement

Threat was laughed at, assumed because he had more VP than me and figured he could surprise me still.

I displayed the terms 2 hrs in on the news, and provided a countdown. 30 minutes remaining, declared war for my ships to engage when his transport was in range, 15x strategic bombers (lvl 7) were sent to obliterate every core city & province with any buildings on them, secondary fleets already blocading mid Atlantic between Africa & Brazil and another sent to hold Western Indian Ocean. 90% of his troops were sunk within hours, my land forces arrived in 2 days to take everything in Australia and India at once. Left with a small African colony and next to no units, he finally went inactive.

No terms accepted, I wish they had just for fun to see how it would play out. Oh well!
    • Petrus Beauvilliers wrote:

Karl von Krass wrote:

it's kill or be killed, Some dont even know how to negotiate, and by the time of negotiations one party quits or just declines negotiation.
      Agreed. I tried to provide a negotiation in good faith on a HWW map, I (USA) to British India. Neither of us had yet attacked, though he was quickly expanding into Africa and Australia, while I had taken Canada, Mexico and spent the time to build a massive army and economy (being fourth in terms of VP at this time). I had funds to ensure spies everywhere, and caught 75% of his force heading to across the pacific to attack the homeland.
      Luckily for me already at (25% of military power, next in line was 9%), my fleet was within range from various areas and were sent to engage. I provided him a notice 4hrs from day change with the following terms or face ultimate destruction. He had no idea of my actual force composition, or how close I truly was.

• Pay 60% of all resources including cash (revealed from intel)
      • He shares map for peace from me.
      • Withdraw from Africa and surrender all lands to be annexed by Spain
      • Withdraw from Australia/NZ and surrender all lands to be annexed by me
      • Surrender Bombay, Karachi, Colombo and all South Asian (non India) territories to me
      • Return all land units to India homeland
      • Station entire navy to a location of my choosing for scuttling (there was no airforce, or that would be included)
      • No construction of any ships, airforce or secret weapons or offensive land units
      • Construction of airfields at locations of my choosing, funded by me.
      • Daily payment of $2000 cash, 2000 oil, 1000 food, 1000 metal, 1000 rare minerals for 15 days after terms are accepted
      • Acceptance of terms publicly on newspaper accepting my mercy, highlighting my dominance not requiring military engagement

Threat was laughed at, assumed because he had more VP than me and figured he could surprise me still.

I displayed the terms 2 hrs in on the news, and provided a countdown. 30 minutes remaining, declared war for my ships to engage when his transport was in range, 15x strategic bombers (lvl 7) were sent to obliterate every core city & province with any buildings on them, secondary fleets already blocading mid Atlantic between Africa & Brazil and another sent to hold Western Indian Ocean. 90% of his troops were sunk within hours, my land forces arrived in 2 days to take everything in Australia and India at once. Left with a small African colony and next to no units, he finally went inactive.

No terms accepted, I wish they had just for fun to see how it would play out. Oh well!
      (*) for peace offers like this, now if someone would accept it and report it, Go would ban you from map for push probably :(
    • laaaaaaaaga wrote:

(*) for peace offers like this, now if someone would accept it and report it, Go would ban you from map for push probably :(
      This is not pushing, they didn't join the game for wolf packing, they joined and then because they were losing they agreed. For example my ally in one of my games if about to be defeated, then he gives them to me. He would much rather have me have it than his enemy.
    • Blue&Bright wrote:

laaaaaaaaga wrote:

This is not pushing, they didn't join the game for wolf packing, they joined and then because they were losing they agreed. For example my ally in one of my games if about to be defeated, then he gives them to me. He would much rather have me have it than his enemy.
      I know it is not pushing. Unfortunately mods sometimes don't even check why someone gave the resources, and just ban you right away from the game, and when you append it you are gone from map already anyway. Happened on few servers already, so its not server specific.
    • I see little point in this, especially if the enemy still possesses a strategically important position. The only reason to make peace is when you push someone out of a continent, but you are not threats to each other. The typical example of this is when Turkey / Iran takes the British and French colonies in the Middle East, and when South Africa takes the African colonies.
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

In HWW I often force my defeated opponents to pay a sizable amount of resources and annex their territories. I announce my treaty once the enemy is at my mercy. I threaten them with an ultimatum is they do not accept my treaty.I do this to the players that attack me first. I enjoy to humiliate and embarrass these players by posting the treaty on the public newspaper, where everyone is watching. Do any of you do this?
      You guys actually have active players and annex only parts of countires?!?
      I wish i joined those kinds of games
      "Its Voring time"
      Hermann Goering (TNO) -c. 1960