Do you ever force your defeated opponents into unfair treaties?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do you ever force your defeated opponents into unfair treaties?

In HWW I often force my defeated opponents to pay a sizable amount of resources and annex their territories. I announce my treaty once the enemy is at my mercy. I threaten them with an ultimatum is they do not accept my treaty.I do this to the players that attack me first. I enjoy to humiliate and embarrass these players by posting the treaty on the public newspaper, where everyone is watching. Do any of you do this?
    • Why yes, I do except I keep it secret to show I still have a very small but existing shred of mercy in me. When they inevitably decline I just annex them fully.
      For the Frontier, once and for all, the Red Planet has been colonized...

Call of War User: RhonianConfederation
      Discord Username: Premier Livonian of the Frontier#9560
      Newest Let's Play: ?

I swear to lord if you call me Premier I will crucify you, I prefer the name Livonian :>
    • Recently, I made one with the USSR (which was eventually broken. Here were the terms

1. Germany (me) gets all cities and land west of and including Stalingrad
      2. The USSR surrenders half of its current resources
      3. I get share map in exchange for RoW and for me providing military feedback
      4. The USSR must confirm with me before starting any new relations
      5. The USSR must pull out of its existing coalition and give the former coalition members trade embargo
      6. There will be a two territory demilitarized zone, with the USSR evacuating first.
      7. No more than 1/3 of the USSR's army may be west of Ashkhabad
      8. The USSR must build a highway in at least 30 provinces which shall be prescribed later with 5 of these provinces having at least lvl 2. Germany shall fund the highways 50% before building and the remainder after
      9. I will send a "defence" army to Irkutsk to protect the USSR's new capital. This army shall be a standard German army stack of 4 med tanks, 4 mot infantry, 2 SPAA, and 5 SP arties. They will be supported by 10 tac bombers and 5 paratroopers in the neighboring province of Zhigalovo which shall have a lvl 3 airbase and lvl 2 fort (built by the USSR). This support unit will be guarded by no more than 3 mot infantry, 3 reg artillery, 1 reg AA, 2 TD, and 2 RRG.
      10. The USSR shall post a newspaper article (50 words+) saying how sorry it was for not being nice to Big Mama.

Here was the logic and outcome of the terms

1. This term gained me like 150 VPs
      2. I got a short term economical boost
      3. I literally saw nothing. I may have wasted 5 minutes sending advice that was ignored (like to pay attention to SBDE.To be fair, the USSR was actually a decent player). I soon stopped advising.
      4. This term was ignored
      5. This term was ignored
      6. This term was ignored
      7. This term was ignored (a stack of 50 was on my border and eventually attacked)
      8. One highway was built then the term was ignored. The USSR stol
      9. I sent a large army (all that was described above) across to Irkutsk. This army was actually there to attack Japan which was allied with the USSR. Japan declared war on me so my paratroopers captured a Japanese airport in Mongolia and the bombers moved there. I beat Japan as well.
      10. This term infuriated the USSR but everyone else got a real kick out of it.
    • British Egypt attacked me I acted quickly and destroyed all of his navy and my reinforcements arrived in Libya. I posted the treaty terms on the newspaper so everyone would see. I demanded that he give me 10,000 oil, 10,000 metal, 60,000 money, and 10,000 food. Also, he had to give me access to the Suez Canal and he had to disband his navy. He has not replied yet. I threatened to continue using my battleships to destroy his economy. It will be fun to watch as he desperately tries to quell the rebellions and try to gain more resources.
    • i mostly just Annex them outright, giving Them treaties only if i see a war dragging too long for my other enemies to come in.
      Call it laziness, but i have noticed that my rep is already danaged and reattacking is gonna damage more, plus they arent going to be helpful anyway, more like Dead meat as they will most likely quit.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • whowh wrote:

Recently, I made one with the USSR (which was eventually broken. Here were the terms

5. The USSR must pull out of its existing coalition and give the former coalition members trade embargo
      6. There will be a two territory demilitarized zone, with the USSR evacuating first.
      8. The USSR must build a highway in at least 30 provinces which shall be prescribed later with 5 of these provinces having at least lvl 2. Germany shall fund the highways 50% before building and the remainder after
      9. I will send a "defence" army to Irkutsk to protect the USSR's new capital. This army shall be a standard German army stack of 4 med tanks, 4 mot infantry, 2 SPAA, and 5 SP arties. They will be supported by 10 tac bombers and 5 paratroopers in the neighboring province of Zhigalovo which shall have a lvl 3 airbase and lvl 2 fort (built by the USSR). This support unit will be guarded by no more than 3 mot infantry, 3 reg artillery, 1 reg AA, 2 TD, and 2 RRG.
      10. The USSR shall post a newspaper article (50 words+) saying how sorry it was for not being nice to Big Mama.
      Really over enraging treaty.
      But if your opponents would be experrienced player and "hard die" one, he could do following: 1. Accepted.
      2. Using all his ressources before accepting.
      3. Accept
      4. "accepting" but use privat Chat or even discord to coordinates with anti axis coalition.
      5. "accepting" but sharing maps one sided from former coalition, can not be forced. And sharing maps for Former coalition can not be prooved, if dismiss for daychange and sharing again after daychange. Only gold spies could catch that.
      6. Accept
      7. Slowest units parking in West. Swift units 1, 2, max 3 provinces eastlier.
      8. I would build it as soon as possible, for sure 50% only for refund from Germany.
      Stalingrad wladiwostok highway.
      9. Without ressources impossible to build, also lvl 1 airstrip and lvl 1 bunker. Starting build lvl. 2 but breaking it, and starting again and breaking. "third part" can sabotate it. Having 2 provinces away own troops wich can arrive within 5 hours.
      10. Write some stuff there.

Back to point 9.

As soon german airforces send those 10. Stack of bombers and lansforce for attacking Japan he can catch airforces on refueling, remove first shared maps to row, and Sending own troops on right spots. If you dont stop moving forwards, trapping airforces and on soil and land forces in arti fire traps. Former coalition should move with own airforces all-in.

After 48 hours full regain own territory, rejoin Former coalition. And erase Germany from map.

Finito.
    • I use leftover land from enemies as a shooting range. The people I usually face goes inactive when 75% of their land is gone, so I make the best out of it by capturing all the cities and leaving the others as nuclear test sites; my personal trinity tests.
      Ciro702

EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Any problems or bugs found? Submit a ticket here! :P

"Having an army is good. Having the insight of an enemy's is better"
    • Last Warrior wrote:

whowh wrote:

Recently, I made one with the USSR (which was eventually broken. Here were the terms

Really over enraging treaty.But if your opponents would be experrienced player and "hard die" one, he could do following: 1. Accepted.
      2. Using all his ressources before accepting.
      3. Accept
      4. "accepting" but use privat Chat or even discord to coordinates with anti axis coalition.
      5. "accepting" but sharing maps one sided from former coalition, can not be forced. And sharing maps for Former coalition can not be prooved, if dismiss for daychange and sharing again after daychange. Only gold spies could catch that.
      6. Accept
      7. Slowest units parking in West. Swift units 1, 2, max 3 provinces eastlier.
      8. I would build it as soon as possible, for sure 50% only for refund from Germany.
      Stalingrad wladiwostok highway.
      9. Without ressources impossible to build, also lvl 1 airstrip and lvl 1 bunker. Starting build lvl. 2 but breaking it, and starting again and breaking. "third part" can sabotate it. Having 2 provinces away own troops wich can arrive within 5 hours.
      10. Write some stuff there.

Back to point 9.

As soon german airforces send those 10. Stack of bombers and lansforce for attacking Japan he can catch airforces on refueling, remove first shared maps to row, and Sending own troops on right spots. If you dont stop moving forwards, trapping airforces and on soil and land forces in arti fire traps. Former coalition should move with own airforces all-in.

After 48 hours full regain own territory, rejoin Former coalition. And erase Germany from map.

Finito.

The USSR blatantly ignored all of these terms but only used "mega-stacks" of 40 plus units so fast counter attacks were out of the option. Either way Japan was a good player but not very smart so I was able to avoid the airplane ruse.
    • One time, when this guy was extra desperate, I got him to disband his coalition, give me an insane amount of resources, send all his troops on convoys out to sea where i could kill them easily, and declare me to be the GOAT (Greatest of All TIme) in the newspaper. After he did all that, i continued to attack him and easily knocked him out. He was mad after, and I told him that I didn't actually say that I would give him peace for doing all that. I still feel pretty bad about doing that.
    • No. I'm very merciless. I usually force them to hand over all resources (duh) which they don't do (double duh) and provide a reason for me to destroy them. If they do hand over all resources and the lands I demand as well as getting their army destroyed (I order them to send it to a certain location that I nuke), then I just attack after all that is done. In my defense, there's no way to prove they really kept their side of the treaty lollollol, and I don't want to wait for spy reports. If they can take a screenshot and show it to me (which nobody does, since they didn't keep their terms triple duh), I might let them go, but usually simpler to wait them go inactive then kill.

As France, block all routes and ports, surround entire continents with subs, battleships, and destroyers and force nations into paying taxes to pass through, it's kinda hard to beat 12 stacks to get across the Strait of Gibraltar and the Panama Canal.
      If you say there are no limits in the world, why do you say to keep trying until you get something right? There is no limit of wrong answers, you're wasting your life away for a goal you can never reach. :00002178:

-Alexandera Nevsky
    • DragonicLevant. Still going over when Spec 'stole' you from me?
      For the Frontier, once and for all, the Red Planet has been colonized...

Call of War User: RhonianConfederation
      Discord Username: Premier Livonian of the Frontier#9560
      Newest Let's Play: ?

I swear to lord if you call me Premier I will crucify you, I prefer the name Livonian :>