Relations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have declared war on a nation with whom I had shared maps.In diplomacy it still list him having shared maps with me and I have the attack logo. Tried in messages.

However I can't attack - any thoughts how I can change the status so I can attack :wallbash
    • when you declare war, the standing of the other nation normally does not change immediately, but in any case when the first contact happens, i.e. the fight breaks out. Otherwise the server takes a while to adjust to the new relation.

However, attacking someone with whom you have shared maps, is that not backstabbing? (picking up the little black book and writing down the name zKarachan to never ever take as ally....)
    • zKarachan wrote:

I have declared war on a nation with whom I had shared maps.In diplomacy it still list him having shared maps with me and I have the attack logo. Tried in messages.

However I can't attack - any thoughts how I can change the status so I can attack :wallbash

eruth wrote:

Maybe try using the attack button instead of the move button? Not sure, because usually when I declare war on someone it lets me attack.
      As @eruth pointed out, use the attack button. If you move troops into a country that has share map will you, they won't attack, because they have 'permission' to be there. The two ways to attack a country that has right of way/share map with you are the following:
      1. Manually declare war on him by going to Diplomacy and changing your status to 'War'.
      2. Use the 'Attack' button instead of the 'Move' button.
      The first one is quite useful because you can put your troops in the major cities, declare war and capture them in seconds!
      The past is a foreign country.
    • eruth wrote:

if he doesnt have them defended-and he might get suspisious if you just start moving your troops into his heartland and garrisoning them there
      are you promoting backstabbing? backstabbing is for players who do not have a clue and are attacking another clueless player and is a very low way of playing.
    • _Pontus_ wrote:

eruth wrote:

If he doesn't have them defended - and he might get suspicious if you just start moving your troops into his heartland and garrisoning them there.
      are you promoting backstabbing? backstabbing is for players who do not have a clue and are attacking another clueless player and is a very low way of playing.
      I've used this tactic loads of times. Against AI countries, that is. Get 'Right of Way' with them and take the country in seconds!

There is no problem whatsoever with backstabbing. It has happened to me a couple of times. I got quite annoyed, but the other player eventually got run over because no one trusted in him anymore.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • no I'm not, I have never backstabbed an ally (have been accused, twice, though both times cause the guy I attacked had broken the alliance and attacked/told me to attack another ally first), i was just pointing out the falacy in his statement
    • None of my troops are in the target country. The Attack order worked. The reason for the attack we were to conduct a joint attack on country B - My ally now are 3.5 days has not moved or communicated despite countless efforts on my part to get a response. His failure to even move during this time is leaving me vulnerable to country B. For 2 days I have threaten to attack him if he doesn't respond and have not heard a peep.

So don't exactly call this back stabbing but more like an effort to maintain my own survival
    • Indeed, if the player has gone inactive (after not doing anything for 3,5 days, he must thus be now inactive) he is not to be considered an ally anymore, unless you made agreements about that. In such a case, I send a warning with 24 hrs to react and than might also take the country. As such it is not a cold blooded back-stab.
    • Did all that - on the diplomacy chart is is a O now - it is just never had anyone who was an ally quit like that in the middle of a battle - Also using the attack button on the move window worked - thanks. I am getting my strategic province about 2 minutes before the other guy :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by zKarachan ().

• an O in diplo means he has gone inactive and thus didn't even bother to log in for the minimum required period (see newspaper upper right for inactivity period allowed).

In such a case it is not a back-stab, if the person did not first tell you he was going away for a few days for instance .

Hence, I scrapped you out of the little black book again ;)

2 minutes? Isn't it funny, how sometimes seconds matter in this not so fast paced game :)