Unavailable units upgrade bug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unavailable units upgrade bug

I went accross a bug for 2 units, a mot. infantry and a medium tank that I was able to upgrade whereas I did not research those upgrades yet.
      I had other mot. infantries and MTs but only those two units (that were part of a stack with other legit upgradable units - armored vehicules and light tanks) could possibly been upgraded.

Here are the screenshots:

So I took a chance, selected those units through "split stack" and upgraded them. The needed ressources have been taken out and the units went on upgrade for the needed time (approx 1h30).
      But when I came back after the upgrade time, the upgrade was technically finished but the units were still level 1.

The bug here is that the game tells you you can upgrade the units and eventually let you spend the ressources needed. For an upgrade that actually doesn't exist and will not happen in the end.
    • This happens when you capture a city of another doctrine while that city is producing.
      If you finish production you get a unit that has the parameters of the doctrine you took the unit from but uses the design of your doctrine so there is no way to tell except the upgradeability. Upgrading a unit captured from another doctrine gives it the parameters of your doctrine. the upgrade cost is half the production cost, upgrade time half the min production time of the target level. So there was no issue in that, the game just had to use level 1 as the target level.
      I think it's intentional, not a bug.

(Sidenote - you also get two Infantry units upgradeable a level ahead in your first game, but that's another story).
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
    • Right, now you say so I remember getting those units from seized cities.

But it makes me think of a submarine I get from a capture city. It was better than mines as it was from the axe doctrine. But on the long run and after I researched higher levels for my subs I never been offered to upgrade that one.

Is it cause you're offered to upgrade only level 1 units to your own doctrine ? (this sub was level 3)
      And "captured units" can't be upgraded ?
    • Merlin Pin-Pin wrote:

Right, now you say so I remember getting those units from seized cities.

But it makes me think of a submarine I get from a capture city. It was better than mines as it was from the axe doctrine. But on the long run and after I researched higher levels for my subs I never been offered to upgrade that one.

Is it cause you're offered to upgrade only level 1 units to your own doctrine ? (this sub was level 3)
      And "captured units" can't be upgraded ?
      I am honestly not sure about that. What would explain it is if the unit was only upgradeable if you had its level or above researched at the time of capture, as I could comfortably upgrade captured light tanks when I had higher levels researched (even if the capture was not through the city productions). But again I don't know that, maybe freezy would tell us...
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper