Role playing setup option

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Role playing setup option

I, personally, am a major RP fan (if any one is the the world map 1308020, you can tell from all the "anonymous" russian newscasting corporation articles on Volga Nzhny, which I am playing as) and I beleive that bytro makes Role-playing relatively easy in S1914, CoW, and thirtyk. However, these can sometimes take a while to setup, due to land swapping, etc, and, especially in CoW, landswapping isn't the easiest thing in the world, due to non core, and, in all of them, the fact that only one territory can be given through diplomacy per day, and only after day 7. So, I think that, in the game setup menu, an option should be added to "role play set up" or something. This would enable the host to, without changing the map itself: change the starting territories of nations, change which nations could be player controlled (has anyone ever wanted the luxembourgian empire?) change what upgrades provinces have, change the research that nations have, and change the units nations start with, and their position. This would make roleplaying infinetely easier, for the history buffs who want a certain date in history, for the people who want to see what would happen if everyone had nukes from day one, or the crazy people who would like to see a world in anarchy where every territory is it's own nation.

Anyone else want this as an available feature (it would not be something you have to do every game, mind you), or would you prefer the devs to focus on more traditional stuff like new maps (cant wait for the historical world map) and units (they'll get aircraft carriers eventually, we just gotta bug 'em enough).
      And please, no discussion of the two things i just mentioned, unless they directly relate to the topic at hand. Also, i have several more posts upcoming about units and other unit related features I would like added in, and they're descriptions, so, pls check those out.
    • It's a good idea, but it can be abused easily. Take the thing you said about changing starting territories. One could simply take all the VPs he needed except one, start, take a VP province and win. Same thing with the changing provinces bit. A multi accounter could take advantage of it.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • the purpose of RPs is to have fun, not to get gold. If one player had more than a, say, 10, 20, % VP starting advantage, or advantage in recourse production, military strength, or starting research over the average of all other nations, then gold could not be won in that round. Or, at least, not by that player