1939 - historic world war correct?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The geography is correct and the general placement of troops is correct but it is not exactly historic. There wasn't any TD in Poland and Japan didn't have paratroopers (in 1939). Likewise Germany couldn't have won so easily and Spain didn't have any battleships.

In general, it is historical but on a close up level it is inaccurate.
    • whowh wrote:

Think of it more that the course of the game is more about historical accuracy than the actual unit placement. IRL, the RAF and the French air force should have easily overpowered the luftwaffe. Alas, they didn't so the game reflects this by giving the Germans more planes.
      Not necessarily. Although, Great Britain was more of a match for the Luftwaffe, The French Air Force was far behind. I agree that its strength should be increased, but it should be still inferior to the German Air Force. The Luftwaffe had 5683 planes during the Battle of France. Meanwhile, the French only had 1 to 2 thousand at max.
    • More accurate than some games I have seen. For example, I played this game called World Conqueror 4 and when I saw the map of World War II in that game, I was almost blinded. I do not want to talk about my experience in that game. Anyways there are some improvements that can be made. Call of War historical has accurate borders in my opinion, but the troop placements are not necessarily accurate. All the carriers should be more high leveled. Especially, the Japanese and American ones. Also, France should have medium level 2 tanks like Germany. Also, they should have at least one heavy tank unit. The Soviets and the French were the only nations to have heavy tanks when the war begun. The French army is much more weaker than the German army, which is inaccurate. The French had the most powerful army at the beginning, but they lost due to bad strategy and incompetent generals. The Italian army should be slightly strengthened, but not by much. Also, the Soviet Union should be strengthened more by adding more high tech units. China should also be strengthened by adding militia and infantry units. Also, Spain should not have any battleships.