How not to play a game: The Kriegmaker (A noob game)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How not to play a game: The Kriegmaker (A noob game)

Greetings there, I am the KriegMaker a noob in this game. I am making this guide to expose to you not only my tactics and strategy but also my mistakes in playing the game. You are to learn how to spot them, not only that but also to fix those mistakes. This guide may be filled with mistakes but those mistakes will become my lesson and yours readers so please pay attention.

In this guide I will teach you about:

1. Accessibility

Lines here are roads in map, many players tend to overlook this feature especially newbies. As a newbie you should know where these leads to. An open road can mean a difference between defeat and victory.

2. Terrain

Bonuses to unit types apply to terrain. If possible use these to your advantage. I will not give you the exact mechanics how terrain bonus works but I will only explain the idea through demonstration in the guide.

3. Army Composition

I will give you a rough idea in how to build army stacks and how to make them useful during your maneuvers in game.

4. Upgrades
      I will give you an idea how to prioritize upgrades to threats and situations.

5. Production Lines and Priority Buildings

I will demonstrate what unit to prioritize and what to build to certain situations.

6. Maneuvers

I will give you an idea how to manuever in this guide. How to timing attacks and how to defeat possible enemy stacks.

More about the guide: We are all covering the basics of this guide therefore things like diplomacy will not be covered in this guide. This guide will also not cover the complete span of the game. If I lost the game then at least I have given the idea in the basics.

I will also give you an idea resource management. This way, you will be able to produce troops with lesser reliance to your allies.

I will post my game later probably this night or tomorrow. Thank you for reading this post and enjoy my later posts!
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker

The post was edited 1 time, last by KriegMaker ().

• Day 1: Persia (Kriegmaker's Persia)

Notice: This guide is intended for fun only. That's all thank you!

Report:

Today I play as Persia, it is a country that is located in the middle east. It's doctrine is Axis which has bonus for attack but has reduced production times as a tradeoff (I don't want to be too technical here). Anyway, we start with this scenario on the map in the beginning. Our priority is to organize our forces to meet any of the enemy's advance.

The survival of our nation depends on these elements:

1. If our neighbors plan on becoming inactive.
      2. If we settle for a peaceful and diplomatic alliance.
      3. If we expand well enough and our neighbors does not care.
      4. If our neighbors are not planning to gang us up.

Number 4 is pretty dangerous if your neighbors are planning to gang up this may spell doom to us. We should hope for the best that the opposite of scenario 4 does not happen.

Troop organizationa and deployment

The movement of troops indicate of my planned deployment. In my strategy, Tehran is protected by some troops leaving some territory open and it is ok. In my strategy, I plan on body count and kills. I do not plan in holding ground especially if the enemy has a lot of units in a stack. I will first find a way to wither it down before I kill it.

In this strategy I am planning to

1. Create stacks that could prevent a potential attack.
      2. Reinforce those stacks of 3 infantry each with Armored Cars
      3. Since the doctrine favored tanks and motorized infantry I will rush then in research
      4. If I see hostile neighbors or inactive players I will attack them

Here is the deployment of my troops in this game while playing as Persia

Urmia - 3 infantry + 1 AC(production)
      Kermanshah - 3 Infantry + 1 AC
      Ahvaz - 3 Infantry + 1 AC
      Zahedan - 3 Infantry + 1 AC (production)
      Amol - 3 Infantry + 1 AC (production)

Note: Production = under production

Research

Since the country is a landlocked nation it is best to start with land units first in research. Armored car and infantry will be the first ones to be researched. Next two units will also be crucial as well. Depending on your style and speed you are intending to play the game here are my tips at this stage.

Aggressive:

Light Tanks
      Artillery

This will give you an early advantage in artillery which will be helpful in dealing damage while your frontline units engage. Also, the speed will be slower since artillery has slower movement speed as well.

Super Aggressive:

Light Tanks
      Motorized Infantry

These units give a boost of speed at the expense of motorized infantry being a weaker unit. However, by building motorized infantry this will give you an advantage in dealing damage at the enemy at their flanks or capturing their unprotected provinces. This is very useful in fast paced early blitzkrieg.

Buildings

You will build Tank plant at Kerman at Tabriz. Location of your production buildings is also important as well. You will first build each separately to lower cost and to ensure these units arrive in time.

Resource management

In day 1 you are not expected to spend too much on production since

1. You have infantry and some Armored Cars
      2. You will only worry in deploying them first
      3. It is crucial for you to deploy your troops where they "needed" to be so that when an attack comes you can react.

In this stage you are not expected to attack but to build your forces necessary to your strategy. Therefore at this stage I am planning to make armored cars first. Depending on my researched units I will also fast produce them as well while managing my resources.

Here is the plans in the cost for reinfocing the stacks.

Goods

450 x 3 = 1350

Manpower

970 x 3 = 2910

Steel

680 x 3 = 2040

Fuel

570 x 3 = 1710

Cash

1280 x 3 = 3840

This will still give you more resources for more research and for building units since you will have 9 to 10 k worth or resources plus 60k cash which you can use to buy extra resources.

That's all for day 1 report and I hope you enjoy my guide. Thank you for reading my "How to lose a game guide". The Kriegmaker is signing off!

- Sun Tzu

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker

The post was edited 1 time, last by KriegMaker ().

• "It's doctrine is Axis which has bonus for attack but has reduced production times as a tradeoff."
      I think you mean Increased unit costs as both of these qualities are buffs to me LOL.

Imagine a nation with axis units but with production time of allies.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

"It's doctrine is Axis which has bonus for attack but has reduced production times as a tradeoff."
      I think you mean Increased unit costs as both of these qualities are buffs to me LOL.

Imagine a nation with axis units but with production time of allies.
      "It's doctrine is Axis which has bonus for attack but has reduced production times as a tradeoff."

Yeah you nailed it heheh

- Sun Tzu

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker