Release Notes - 2021-05-26

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes - 2021-05-26

General:
      • Front Reports on mobile and in the beta client on desktop were reworked.
        • Category toggles were added on top, allowing you to filter out certain reports.
        • The layout was adjusted to be more consistent with headlines, sentence structure and icon usage throughout the game. The layout between desktop and mobile is more consistent now as well.
        • On the right side of each report the relevant location is displayed and can be clicked to jump to the position of the event or to open the respective panel.
      • The province list was reworked in the beta client.
        • The province list received a more polished look.
        • The list is now draggable and can be resized freely.
        • The province list can be displayed better on smaller resolutions now.
        • The build queue was altered accordingly and can also be dragged and resized like the province list.
      • To switch to the beta client:
        • You find a button to switch to the new beta client in the account settings. Once switched, closing the tab and reopening it will open the last chosen setting. To switch back to the old client, re-visit the account settings in the new beta client.
      • The positioning dot of an army is highlighted now as well, when hovering or selecting an army. This change makes it easier to find an army's location in crowded areas.
        • The positioning dot is red by default and turns white when the army is selected or hovered.
      • A 1 day peace period was added to the doomsday event map, to avoid a player joining a game after the player's country already experienced a major nuclear attack by another player.
      • The snapping radius to province centers was increased by approx 30% when giving unit commands, to reduce the amount of inaccurate commands.
      • When you receive a reward from watching an ad, you do not receive any email notification about it anymore. This change was made to avoid cluttering your email inbox with several emails per day. You still receive emails for other rewards you receive though.
      Bug fixes:
      • A bug was fixed that could cause the map of a game round to be displayed extremely dark. The maps will now be displayed in the intended color scheme again.
      • An issue on desktop was resolved that prevented the lasso tool, which allows for the selection of multiple units at once, to select all armies within the marked area of the map.
      • A bug was fixed that prevented the ambient battle sounds to be played when zooming in to an ongoing battle on the map.
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Arcorian wrote:

The positioning dot of an army is highlighted now as well, when hovering or selecting an army. This change makes it easier to find an army's location in crowded areas.

The positioning dot is red by default and turns white when the army is selected or hovered.
      Its still a mess and we would love it if you just had a button that toggled so you could removed all the text and the flags on the units to see better. Look at this screen shot who knows what is going on.
    • Well, this is...interesting
      For the Frontier, once and for all, the Red Planet has been colonized...

Call of War User: RhonianConfederation
      Discord Username: Premier Livonian of the Frontier#9560
      Newest Let's Play: ?

I swear to lord if you call me Premier I will crucify you, I prefer the name Livonian :>
    • Akulla3D wrote:

Its still a mess and we would love it if you just had a button that toggled so you could removed all the text and the flags on the units to see better. Look at this screen shot who knows what is going on.
      Tbh I have no issue with seeing what is going on in your picture, everything is very clear to me. If you don't like the army labels you can still switch to the low graphics mode, which displays army information like in the old version.

But we have additional filter options on our roadmap for the next months.

Tre wrote:

So this gets rid of shaders??!!!
      No, sometimes it just didn't load the map correctly.