This game is so rigged against good players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This game is so rigged against good players

I have been playing for several years, Now this game has gone too much to try to get players to spend cash!!! Ok my proof, when a player in event games is in the top 3 he will encounter AI's or BOTs as we call them, attacking them, constantly lower morale(which influences building times and production times. I once started a game late(DOOMSDAY) and found myself in a terrible spot, 2 major cities(all ready nukes) and 11 providences left. Managed to survive thanks to another players help, found that in the next few days to my surprise the game will give lower score players in a match certain advantages!!! I the first week I was getting free from other players( active or Inactive) major cities, Getting ROW from AIs I was not even asking for ROW from, I did not even think that was possible anymore me usually being in the top 5 on maps. Not asking people to stop playing just asking people to bitch to game management. I am sure we all have spent cash on this game but I will not spend 1 more $ on a game the TREATS it's loyal dedicated players like they are nothing more than a cash cow. I will still play and win but they are taking the fun and skill out of the game, I love a challenge but this is getting ridiculous!!!!!!! :wallbash PLAY WIITH HONOR AND INTEGRITY, OLD MAN JACK OUT
  • Well if you spent money on the game, you can't really complain about others doing so as well, eh?
    When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
    - BIG DADDY.
  • * claps vigorously* to k.roki
    “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
    Slavery is Freedom
    Weakness is Strength
  • OLD MAN JACK wrote:

I have been playing for several years, Now this game has gone too much to try to get players to spend cash!!! Ok my proof, when a player in event games is in the top 3 he will encounter AI's or BOTs as we call them, attacking them, constantly lower morale(which influences building times and production times. I once started a game late(DOOMSDAY) and found myself in a terrible spot, 2 major cities(all ready nukes) and 11 providences left. Managed to survive thanks to another players help, found that in the next few days to my surprise the game will give lower score players in a match certain advantages!!! I the first week I was getting free from other players( active or Inactive) major cities, Getting ROW from AIs I was not even asking for ROW from, I did not even think that was possible anymore me usually being in the top 5 on maps. Not asking people to stop playing just asking people to bitch to game management. I am sure we all have spent cash on this game but I will not spend 1 more $ on a game the TREATS it's loyal dedicated players like they are nothing more than a cash cow. I will still play and win but they are taking the fun and skill out of the game, I love a challenge but this is getting ridiculous!!!!!!! :wallbash PLAY WIITH HONOR AND INTEGRITY, OLD MAN JACK OUT
    To be honest maybe you're just bad. If you spend money and you still lose, and you complain about losing. I don't know what to say. Firstly, getting destroyed in Doomsday is natural, so deal with it. Its pretty obvious why lower score players have an advantage. Unlike, you they have not been blitzing throughout the entire map. Therefore, they would have a good reputation. If you're competent you will know how to deal with the AI. Although, they're annoying, you can still solve the problem.
  • Actually, the AI thing you’re talking about has nothing to do with score. It has to do with popularity. To get those advantages while still being in the top, set your relations with AI to Share Map as soon as you get into the map.
    DoctorDR1

Game Operator
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
  • OLD MAN JACK wrote:

found that in the next few days to my surprise the game will give lower score players in a match certain advantages!!! I the first week I was getting free from other players( active or Inactive) major cities, Getting ROW from AIs I was not even asking for ROW from, I did not even think that was possible anymore me usually being in the top 5 on maps.
    If you get declared war on you gain individual popularity with all players, except those who have a very high one with the player attacking you. The effect is doubled when you get surprise attacked. As you lose to the enemy you gain even more overall popularity. This has been a mechanic for a long time and I don't see anything wrong in it as it rewards players who fight to the end a bit.

If a province revolts successfully it gets shifted to its previous owner, OR to the country with the highest individual popularity with the current owner. So your provinces tend to revolt to countries you have good relations and share the same allies or enemies or trade with. All advantage you got was RoW from AI, which is pretty useless if you don't have a good army to make use of it. you got provinces revolting to you, which is certainly not useful if they can just get recaptured. I don't see how you gain an advantage from good popularity if you're almost dead, maybe you survive for longer but rarely will truly come back.

I also don't see how this has anything to do with gold usage. This helps you and it doesn't make you more likely to spend gold, players tend to spend when desperate and seeing you getting back advantages does the opposite.

Whether or not this is "fair play" is discussable. If one is a good and knowledgeable player, this rewards them as they know how to gain popularity and use it to its advantage. Your arguments just... make as much sense as if you blamed the devs for making artillery, as it allows players to make it OP with a very well-prepared strategy.

See more here -->
    "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
  • Don't even get me started on this 'unfair' stuff. I've been playing since 2015 and have seen a great game turned to shit. These fools in charge could make way more money if they were not so blind and greedy. They obviously have no idea about history or why people like to change it. Let's give Luxembourg a huge army! What a joke. Let's give Central America 70 pus regiments! Super joke. I'm just about to win a 1939 game as Mexico. Now there is a joke.
  • simon wrote:

Don't even get me started on this 'unfair' stuff. I've been playing since 2015 and have seen a great game turned to shit. These fools in charge could make way more money if they were not so blind and greedy. They obviously have no idea about history or why people like to change it. Let's give Luxembourg a huge army! What a joke. Let's give Central America 70 pus regiments! Super joke. I'm just about to win a 1939 game as Mexico. Now there is a joke.
    There are other maps and other continents and balanced maps. These issues are annoying, yes. How could Luxembourg have a bigger army than the Netherlands. But the game is very good. I've not been playing for much long but updates are making it better. I wonder where the Saturday map went though...
    The Saviour
  • simon wrote:

Don't even get me started on this 'unfair' stuff. I've been playing since 2015 and have seen a great game turned to shit. These fools in charge could make way more money if they were not so blind and greedy. They obviously have no idea about history or why people like to change it. Let's give Luxembourg a huge army! What a joke. Let's give Central America 70 pus regiments! Super joke. I'm just about to win a 1939 game as Mexico. Now there is a joke.
    Again, please stay respectful.
    BMfox
    EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
  • I apologize if I sound disrespectful. I enjoy playing CoW very much, but as a game designer and military historian, I tend to get a little frustrated at things I disagree with. If you hire me as your chief designer, I can fix everything wrong with this game, and make you all rich (and me) by greatly increasing more people to play. Believe me, it would be so easy.
  • Hi guys. Yes I'm in full 'disagreement' with tiny countries starting out the game with huge armies (for them) that they never could afford, equip, or maintain. I've seen games where after about 3 weeks have passed, Danzig suddenly attacks Germany with around 20 to 30 units, and Luxembourg do the same or, attack France instead, but much more importantly, I'm dead serious about greatly increasing the revenue of Bytro, by revising some of the ways that people gain gold. So who would you suggest is my best choice to speak with? Simon.
  • simon wrote:

Hi guys. Yes I'm in full 'disagreement' with tiny countries starting out the game with huge armies (for them) that they never could afford, equip, or maintain. I've seen games where after about 3 weeks have passed, Danzig suddenly attacks Germany with around 20 to 30 units, and Luxembourg do the same or, attack France instead, but much more importantly, I'm dead serious about greatly increasing the revenue of Bytro, by revising some of the ways that people gain gold. So who would you suggest is my best choice to speak with? Simon.
    Try @freezy. I have to warn you however, many have tried and failed to discuss this issue. Bytro keeps this forum alive to give the impression that they listen to the player base, yet they never actually do. Gold in particular is a "We don't discuss our business model" issue.
    When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
    - BIG DADDY.
  • K.Rokossovski wrote:

simon wrote:

Hi guys. Yes I'm in full 'disagreement' with tiny countries starting out the game with huge armies (for them) that they never could afford, equip, or maintain. I've seen games where after about 3 weeks have passed, Danzig suddenly attacks Germany with around 20 to 30 units, and Luxembourg do the same or, attack France instead, but much more importantly, I'm dead serious about greatly increasing the revenue of Bytro, by revising some of the ways that people gain gold. So who would you suggest is my best choice to speak with? Simon.
    Try @freezy. I have to warn you however, many have tried and failed to discuss this issue. Bytro keeps this forum alive to give the impression that they listen to the player base, yet they never actually do. Gold in particular is a "We don't discuss our business model" issue.
    It is also due to the fact that players, in general, have no idea what monetizes and doesn't monetize in a freemium game. If you listened to players, it would be only cosmetics to buy because they have this idea that fair = more players = more revenue
  • i have been in contact with some rather nice people with good credentials stating that gold is too cheap for it's value. But i would rather not expand into this....
    "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
  • Karl von Krass wrote:

i have been in contact with some rather nice people with good credentials stating that gold is too cheap for it's value. But i would rather not expand into this....
    I believe gold is too cheap for its value as well but I believe it is a problem of scaling : gold help a lot at the beginning, a lot less later on (for equal quantity) and Bytro did the call of having a constant gold <=> ressource exchange value. Some other freemium games give an increasing value to gold or its equivalent over time, other don’t but give you more gold for the same amount of money over time.
  • No need to tag me, I have read the thread already.

We indeed listen to all feedback. But that doesn't mean that we will implement every suggestion (its also simply not possible). The forum is also not only for giving suggestions to us but also for players to discuss the game among themselves, so we don't need to pretend anything in order to keep this forum alive.

Regarding this topic: It is intentionally set up that AIs don't like nations who conquer other nations, since the war-mongering ones are threatening world peace. And in terms of gameplay, to give some push back to the leading players and decrease the snowballing effect a little bit. It is one of the comeback mechanics in the game that most other games have as well to some extent. Therefore it is mainly a balancing decision. If it were the other way around leading players would have an even easier time to win the game and dominate other players, which is indeed not in the best interest of the game. After all you have to earn your win and managing your countries relations and securing your borders is one part of it.

Also it is not too unrealistic - if there was one nation starting to conquer the whole earth even smaller nations would band together to stop that, because at some point they would be next on the target list anyway. Of course they wouldn't do it alone, but in our game it is usually also multiple AIs which then declare war. And honestly, this is also how every human player would react if they intended to win, they wouldn't sit idly by and just watch their opponent win and do nothing to stop it.

There are also means to soften the blow so to say and to increase your standings with AI, which are discussed in other forum threads.

As always though I thank you for raising the topic and letting us know about your suggestions.