This game is so rigged against good players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This game is so rigged against good players

I have been playing for several years, Now this game has gone too much to try to get players to spend cash!!! Ok my proof, when a player in event games is in the top 3 he will encounter AI's or BOTs as we call them, attacking them, constantly lower morale(which influences building times and production times. I once started a game late(DOOMSDAY) and found myself in a terrible spot, 2 major cities(all ready nukes) and 11 providences left. Managed to survive thanks to another players help, found that in the next few days to my surprise the game will give lower score players in a match certain advantages!!! I the first week I was getting free from other players( active or Inactive) major cities, Getting ROW from AIs I was not even asking for ROW from, I did not even think that was possible anymore me usually being in the top 5 on maps. Not asking people to stop playing just asking people to bitch to game management. I am sure we all have spent cash on this game but I will not spend 1 more $ on a game the TREATS it's loyal dedicated players like they are nothing more than a cash cow. I will still play and win but they are taking the fun and skill out of the game, I love a challenge but this is getting ridiculous!!!!!!! :wallbash PLAY WIITH HONOR AND INTEGRITY, OLD MAN JACK OUT
    • * claps vigorously* to k.roki
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • OLD MAN JACK wrote:

I have been playing for several years, Now this game has gone too much to try to get players to spend cash!!! Ok my proof, when a player in event games is in the top 3 he will encounter AI's or BOTs as we call them, attacking them, constantly lower morale(which influences building times and production times. I once started a game late(DOOMSDAY) and found myself in a terrible spot, 2 major cities(all ready nukes) and 11 providences left. Managed to survive thanks to another players help, found that in the next few days to my surprise the game will give lower score players in a match certain advantages!!! I the first week I was getting free from other players( active or Inactive) major cities, Getting ROW from AIs I was not even asking for ROW from, I did not even think that was possible anymore me usually being in the top 5 on maps. Not asking people to stop playing just asking people to bitch to game management. I am sure we all have spent cash on this game but I will not spend 1 more $ on a game the TREATS it's loyal dedicated players like they are nothing more than a cash cow. I will still play and win but they are taking the fun and skill out of the game, I love a challenge but this is getting ridiculous!!!!!!! :wallbash PLAY WIITH HONOR AND INTEGRITY, OLD MAN JACK OUT
      To be honest maybe you're just bad. If you spend money and you still lose, and you complain about losing. I don't know what to say. Firstly, getting destroyed in Doomsday is natural, so deal with it. Its pretty obvious why lower score players have an advantage. Unlike, you they have not been blitzing throughout the entire map. Therefore, they would have a good reputation. If you're competent you will know how to deal with the AI. Although, they're annoying, you can still solve the problem.
    • Actually, the AI thing you’re talking about has nothing to do with score. It has to do with popularity. To get those advantages while still being in the top, set your relations with AI to Share Map as soon as you get into the map.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • OLD MAN JACK wrote:

found that in the next few days to my surprise the game will give lower score players in a match certain advantages!!! I the first week I was getting free from other players( active or Inactive) major cities, Getting ROW from AIs I was not even asking for ROW from, I did not even think that was possible anymore me usually being in the top 5 on maps.
      If you get declared war on you gain individual popularity with all players, except those who have a very high one with the player attacking you. The effect is doubled when you get surprise attacked. As you lose to the enemy you gain even more overall popularity. This has been a mechanic for a long time and I don't see anything wrong in it as it rewards players who fight to the end a bit.

If a province revolts successfully it gets shifted to its previous owner, OR to the country with the highest individual popularity with the current owner. So your provinces tend to revolt to countries you have good relations and share the same allies or enemies or trade with. All advantage you got was RoW from AI, which is pretty useless if you don't have a good army to make use of it. you got provinces revolting to you, which is certainly not useful if they can just get recaptured. I don't see how you gain an advantage from good popularity if you're almost dead, maybe you survive for longer but rarely will truly come back.

I also don't see how this has anything to do with gold usage. This helps you and it doesn't make you more likely to spend gold, players tend to spend when desperate and seeing you getting back advantages does the opposite.

Whether or not this is "fair play" is discussable. If one is a good and knowledgeable player, this rewards them as they know how to gain popularity and use it to its advantage. Your arguments just... make as much sense as if you blamed the devs for making artillery, as it allows players to make it OP with a very well-prepared strategy.

See more here -->
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper