Chat spam to counter intercepted messages?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Chat spam to counter intercepted messages?

spies in my country could intercept a message i send to other players. so could i just spam a much of junk messages to another player and reduce the chances of enemy spies intercepting an actual good message?

for example, I send an important message to my coalition members, then send some random player with one province 20 messages just saying "e." Does this reduce the chances of my important message being intercepted twenty-fold?
    • Couple things about this, for one, you can intercept messages? That's really weird, that would just encourage playing with friends and communicating outside of the game, which would further encourage stuff like account pushing. That's such a weird gameplay mechanic, that should just be removed. Anyway, your strategy sounds good except for how spamming is bannable.
    • Onandonandomnom wrote:

Couple things about this, for one, you can intercept messages? That's really weird, that would just encourage playing with friends and communicating outside of the game, which would further encourage stuff like account pushing. That's such a weird gameplay mechanic, that should just be removed. Anyway, your strategy sounds good except for how spamming is bannable.
      you totally dont know it's purpose. Yes Spamming is bannable, BUT people can use Coalition chat and counter intel spies to negate the effect of intel spies.
      And people already play with friends whether this feature exists or not.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

Onandonandomnom wrote:

Couple things about this, for one, you can intercept messages? That's really weird, that would just encourage playing with friends and communicating outside of the game, which would further encourage stuff like account pushing. That's such a weird gameplay mechanic, that should just be removed. Anyway, your strategy sounds good except for how spamming is bannable.
      you totally dont know it's purpose. Yes Spamming is bannable, BUT people can use Coalition chat and counter intel spies to negate the effect of intel spies.And people already play with friends whether this feature exists or not.
      I used to be in a coalition where I got 60 diplomatic messages a day. Yet all messages were relevant.
    • if it is relevant, it isnt defined as Spam.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • It really depends on whether spies intercept a fixed number of message or a percentage of the total messages. if the latter, you won't defeat it by spam, you will defeat it by sending "fake" messages or other creative methods ("only the first letter of every line count")
    • i am pretty sure Percentage of the message, So spamming one word is not Going to trigger, However i can Attempt to test this over the days with my friends.

Secretary of Nova0213
    • This is actually an old tactic. What guys would do was send just one word of the message to their ally at a time, so any one or two intercepted messages would do the enemy do good. It was never considered spam, as the other player was expecting (and benefitting) from the tactic.

This faded away as more and more players simply created their own chat in an outside chat service, such as discord.

Fun Fact: Although the pm messages and the coalition messages from in-game diplomacy chat can be intercepted, the messages in the coalition (or alliance) chat boxes in actual chat can not be intercepted. So, all that spam is unnecessary even if you don't use discord or whatever outside chat service. Just use the chat boxes in game chat that are already provided to all players.

Hope this helps.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Stormbringer50 ().