Artillery Cooldown period

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• vietcong2005 wrote:

benzdik wrote:

Dinjinn wrote:

Why is it not practical? Have you ever been in the army? Do you know what is involved with moving Artillery. I am only asking for a cooldown period once it has fired. It takes 30 minutes for it to deal damage again so during that 30 minutes it should not be allowed to move. If you want to shoot and move build mobile artillery. Additionally the player does stack them with AA and infantry so the Tact's get eaten up because the stack is so large. As far as splitting the tanks into different stacks I feel like that defeats the purpose of the game.
      I think you have to realize this game is about 100x faster than in real life and its only gonna take like an 2-3 hours to pack up. you divide that by 100 and you get like 1.2-1.8 seconds of that cooldown that you want. I honestly don't see why the devs would put in 1 sec of cooldown in a game where it takes 2-3 hours to move from berlin to Warsaw. And 30 mins of packing in game would mean about almost a day to just pack up ammunition and get the guns moving again i don't see why this is practical.
      Why does it take 20 minutes in game to refuel, wouldn't refueling only take 2-3 hours in real life?
      Then, it would be too strong as planes have extremely high speed while arty don’t . Planes have higher escapability than arty . Planes can fly from 1 airbase to the next.
    • Tgufyru wrote:

vietcong2005 wrote:

benzdik wrote:

Dinjinn wrote:

Why is it not practical? Have you ever been in the army? Do you know what is involved with moving Artillery. I am only asking for a cooldown period once it has fired. It takes 30 minutes for it to deal damage again so during that 30 minutes it should not be allowed to move. If you want to shoot and move build mobile artillery. Additionally the player does stack them with AA and infantry so the Tact's get eaten up because the stack is so large. As far as splitting the tanks into different stacks I feel like that defeats the purpose of the game.
      I think you have to realize this game is about 100x faster than in real life and its only gonna take like an 2-3 hours to pack up. you divide that by 100 and you get like 1.2-1.8 seconds of that cooldown that you want. I honestly don't see why the devs would put in 1 sec of cooldown in a game where it takes 2-3 hours to move from berlin to Warsaw. And 30 mins of packing in game would mean about almost a day to just pack up ammunition and get the guns moving again i don't see why this is practical.
      Why does it take 20 minutes in game to refuel, wouldn't refueling only take 2-3 hours in real life?
      Then, it would be too strong as planes have extremely high speed while arty don’t . Planes have higher escapability than arty . Planes can fly from 1 airbase to the next.
      Planes are much more vulnurable. I usually just wait for the enemy plane to bomb one of my units, then my own bombers follow and destroy the planes in airbases where they have both reduced hitpoints and no damage. Planes are much more easier to deal with than artillery.
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

Tgufyru wrote:

vietcong2005 wrote:

benzdik wrote:

Dinjinn wrote:

Planes are much more vulnurable. I usually just wait for the enemy plane to bomb one of my units, then my own bombers follow and destroy the planes in airbases where they have both reduced hitpoints and no damage. Planes are much more easier to deal with than artillery.
      Can’t your enemy just intercept you with stack(s) of interceptor(s)
    • BMfox wrote:

So finally you have discovered that tanks are worthless in most terrains.
      Congratulations, now you have realized something that 90% of the COW players haven't.
      Major battles have been decided by infantry and artillery, that's just how it is.
      Infantry, artillery, rocket artillery, anti tank and AA. They are like the perfect marriage, they will take out anything.
      Some AC or mot infantry moving in all directions to capture the core cities that players always leave empty.
      Powered up by planes that will take out smaller stacks and single units.
      Instead of trying to buff his tactics you could learn from your mistakes and try to adopt his tactic.
      I'd like to add to the significance of recon units as well. I said it once and I really want to say it again; you can't hit what you can't see. Motorized infantry can be in tandem with regular infantry regarding reconnaissance and offense. Armored vehicles, with the exception of Armored Cars, cannot spot commandos without the help of fighters. Not only will this give an opportunity for the player to lure out fighters for air superiority, but to have these pests spread out like a plague and disrupting the enemy's economy or at least give a diversion for the main force.
      Ciro702

EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Any problems or bugs found? Submit a ticket here! :P

"Having an army is good. Having the insight of an enemy's is better"
    • Czech managed to rearm SAAB Gripen E in 10 minutes. Reloading a machine gun takes less than five minutes if you already have a pouch ready somewhere. Air-to-Air missiles will take around 30 minutes, same for Air-to-Ground, while the Anti Ship missiles (naval fighters) take around 80-90 min, assuming the planes are being reloaded on a carrier.
      If you say there are no limits in the world, why do you say to keep trying until you get something right? There is no limit of wrong answers, you're wasting your life away for a goal you can never reach. :00002178:

-Alexandera Nevsky
    • Alexandera Nevsky wrote:

Czech managed to rearm SAAB Gripen E in 10 minutes. Reloading a machine gun takes less than five minutes if you already have a pouch ready somewhere. Air-to-Air missiles will take around 30 minutes, same for Air-to-Ground, while the Anti Ship missiles (naval fighters) take around 80-90 min, assuming the planes are being reloaded on a carrier.
      Ehhh, wrong era? I see where you're going but not really sure the Gripen was in ww2, though I could snicker at some what-if situations like an A-10 Warthog in DDay or Eurofighter Typhoons in the Battle of Britain.
      Ciro702

EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Any problems or bugs found? Submit a ticket here! :P

"Having an army is good. Having the insight of an enemy's is better"
    • lollollol Wernher von Braun would have been jealous if he saw a eurofighter typhoon in his life, maybe might have betrayed the Germans.
      If you say there are no limits in the world, why do you say to keep trying until you get something right? There is no limit of wrong answers, you're wasting your life away for a goal you can never reach. :00002178:

-Alexandera Nevsky
    • whowh wrote:

Ah right. None of my American friends believe that an ex-nazi/associate of the 3rd reich had anything to do with Nasa
      I think you and your friends should read about what happened to nazi german scientists after the ww2 on the land occupied by allied forces, and occupied by Soviet's. This is very interesting historical topic, at least for me