An improvement in the game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• An improvement in the game

Are you interested in the idea of unit morale and units surrendering? 14

The result is only visible to the participants.

Encirclements and Surprise attacks can be a good thing

Province morale has been a thing for quite a while
      and it has made the game more dynamic and made people deal with more realistic things like revolts

but one thing that is required to complete the morale segment is unit morale or the concept of troop morale
      which makes troops surrender
      during operation barbarossa hundreds of thousands of soviets surrendered due to troop morale

in the game if troop morale goes below 25 units should surrender
      and as the morale goes down damage should reduce

it can be affected by many things like:
      1. encirclement or how many friendly provinces are nearby where you can retreat

2. casualties in the war like those shown in the newspaper and casualties in a battle like when a stack fights another stack

3. terrains ; like morale drop rate should increase in forests and urban areas

4. getting out numbered
      both in wars and battles
      like if a country has more troops at the start of the war morale should be in their favour

5. surprise attacks

and many more

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Emperor12-5 ().

• I am all for an encirclement bous, but it should be as simple as possible, something like : "can you trace a clear route to one of your core cities or to the sea" ?

1. Yes => No problem
      2. No => Something happens (lose some HP every night, or -10% attack value, or -15% "max hp".
    • one thing i might add to @Chimere's post is whether There are reinforcements or allies in the vicinity. Nearby allies or reinforcements heading in their general Area will stabilise morale loss to a minimum. And if the encircled troops destroy enemy stacks they will get a boost in morale (fighting power).
      IRL Troops surrendered when they are ordered if they fear complete annihlation, how can an AI calculate defeat chances without looking completely Arbitrary to the real life players who are the ones supposed to play??
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • The Emperor12-5 wrote:

in the game if troop morale goes below 25 units should surrender
      and as the morale goes down damage should reduce
      This mechanic is already there, when a units morale is low the damage that they deal and also their speed is reduced.

Troop that have surrendered need to be guarded and be fed which means you'll have more food consumption and less available manpower. Not sure if I'm ready for that.
      BMfox

EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!

Dinosaurs died because they didn't evolve, luckily COW does. Let's embrace it instead of complaining about it.

"It's only cold when you need petrol to get a tank out of the ice to depart": my bootcamp training sergeant.
    • Their morale is the same thing as the health.
      The HP is Hit Points which is the amount of damage that you deal which reduces the health/morale of the enemy.
      BMfox

EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!

Dinosaurs died because they didn't evolve, luckily COW does. Let's embrace it instead of complaining about it.

"It's only cold when you need petrol to get a tank out of the ice to depart": my bootcamp training sergeant.
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

one thing i might add to @Chimere's post is whether There are reinforcements or allies in the vicinity. Nearby allies or reinforcements heading in their general Area will stabilise morale loss to a minimum. And if the encircled troops destroy enemy stacks they will get a boost in morale (fighting power).
      IRL Troops surrendered when they are ordered if they fear complete annihlation, how can an AI calculate defeat chances without looking completely Arbitrary to the real life players who are the ones supposed to play??
      To add on even further, this would damage my light units that I send "raiding" as they are often cut off despite being in a strategic position. Perhaps this encirclement damage can only apply to "regular units" like foot infantry, heavy tanks, etc.
      Forum Rank list here

Make sure to read and like this thread->The new Roman Empire

Murica Oh yea!

Vive le Empire!!!!!

|RBoi200 likes this