Ferries pls?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ferries pls?

I, personally, would hate to play as turkey, no matter how fun it would be to declare the new Byzantine/Ottoman empire. Want to know why? The ******* Bosphorous. (That many asterisks were necessary, I hate it THAT much.) Want to know why? Troops have to spend several hours get on a full sized cargo ship, then spend about 10 minutes crossing the straights, then spend several hours disembarking, making it nearly impossible to defend the epic goods production in Istanbul from attack, even if it does serve as a good defensive tool. Now, I’m sure someone has already suggested this somewhere in the forums, but obviously nothing has happened, so I’ll suggest it again: some small bodies of water, such as the Bosphorous, have “ferries” across them, so that troops don’t have to embark and disembark on cargo ships to cross. Ferries would not require embarking/disembarking, but would cut regular movement speed of the involved troops to the 27km/h regular to sea units, and would give them the 5hp and defenselessness also associated with troops convoys. They would stretch, on the world map, between the following provinces: Panama and David, Maracaibo and Coro (In Venezuela), San Francisco and Santa Rosa, Victoria and Vancouver, Whistler and Nanaimo (just North of the last two), One between the main Japanese Island and each of the three others, Port Said and Arish (the Suez Canal), Istanbul and Bursa, Balikesir and Corlu (just West of the previous pair), Palermo and Catanzaro (Sicily), Odense and Aarhus+Naestved, Copenhagen and Malmo (Both in Denmark/Sweden) and all the small, one territory Islands in the Pacific, Bahamas, and Malta. If the same nation controlled both territories the ferry connected, speed would be 100% of 27 km/h. If allied (share map/RoW) nations controlled the two sides, speed would be 80% of 27 km/h, like with land speed. Also like land speed, nations at peace/war would have 50% of 27 km/h. Ferries would not be closed off during war because they would not get on a full sized cargo ship, just landing craft, which did not take as long.
      All in all, I think this would considerably improve gameplay. This ending is lame.
    • Well, I would have to agree with the ones (i.e. Suez Canal, Panama Canal, Bosphorus, I would suggest Gibraltar, San Francisco, British Columbian island, Japan's islands) but disagree about the islands in the Pacific and beyond. Part of the fun of the naval war there is having to embark and disembark to attack the island- each island is its own separate war, really. You need naval strategy, cunning, and a local air base in order to successfully attack it. I am involved in a Pacific war where I am island hopping- ferries kind of take away the fun of conquering even a single group of islands.
      It's been a while
    • well, some of the closer ones, anyway, like midway or hawaii. BTW, i didnt mean have the nations interconnected. Micronesia wouldnt get the ferries anyway, i checked after posting the original post. Also, I meant to include Gibraltar, I forgot it, and I had the rest you mentioned as suggesting.