Which unit to build based on the allied doctrine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Your build hang on your online time, not on doctrine.
      Allies have very strong airforces. But if you have not enough online time, it is useless , or at least not usefull enough.

Best advantages of allies are: recruiting times and reasearch costs.
      Weakest point is speed debuff. Also there are two ways: using more quick units to ballance speed debuff and stay quicklier, than enemy with other doctrin using slower units.

Or since you are slow, use slow units and build up more defencive strikeforces. Slow expansion with predominated troops.
    • Regarding infantry, i'd suggest you invest in commandos as they can be researched two days earlier and also get bonus damage against infantry and bonus speed. I'd avoid motorized as they have delayed research and by the time you get them, your enemy will already be able to counter them.

Ordnance? SPGs. SPGs all the way. Not only can you research them so early on, but they also get bonus damage against heavy armor and they will help you shred and cleave through the early medium tanks you'll be encountering.

Armor is a bit tricky, as all of your good mid game units (medium tanks, light tanks) have delayed research. I'd say you should invest in medium tanks as soon as they become available cause mediums are good in most situations, light tanks not being effective at destroying armor and heavies being slow and costly. ATs are also generally good but very situational, i wouldn't recommend investing into those unless you know what you're doing.

About air, you should heavily invest into it. Fighters can be researched earlier, strategic bombers can basically fly to the moon and back with their bonus range and tactical bombers are borderline OP because of the following reasons: Not only can you can research them on day 1, but with their increased flight range and bonus damage against light armor, you can render most of your enemies useless early on, be it they invest into infantry or light armor.

About navy, nothing too interesting. Carriers can be researched earlier and destroyers are buffed with bonus damage against subs and bonus speed, that's about it.

And lastly, secret weapons. You can go nuclear two days earlier than everybody else.

So, to sum it up, your average strategy should be as following: Rush tactical bombers and heavily invest into an air force, get a handful of SPG's and couple them with SPAAs and frontline by using medium tanks as soon as you get them. Use commandos to capture cities and especially mountain provinces (they do 100% more damage on mountain provinces). That's about it i think.
    • As in real life, the allied doctrine is designed for armies of highly mechanized units with huge huge huge amounts of bomber support.

In numeric order, land stacks (for me) consist of SPARTIES, Mech infantry, Medium tanks, SPAA, and Mot infantry.

The arties deal damage to armor and ranged damage, the mech infantry deal damage to infantry, the med tanks do light armor damage and act as a meat shield, and the mot infantry is a scout unit.

Despite being heavily focused on, these stacks are not what deal the majority of my damage. Overall, it's actually my "hordes" of tac bombers doing damage. At high levels, their range and damage is scarily deadly. In large numbers, they can even destroy SPAA.
    • whowh wrote:

As in real life, the allied doctrine is designed for armies of highly mechanized units with huge huge huge amounts of bomber support.

In numeric order, land stacks (for me) consist of SPARTIES, Mech infantry, Medium tanks, SPAA, and Mot infantry.

The arties deal damage to armor and ranged damage, the mech infantry deal damage to infantry, the med tanks do light armor damage and act as a meat shield, and the mot infantry is a scout unit.

Despite being heavily focused on, these stacks are not what deal the majority of my damage. Overall, it's actually my "hordes" of tac bombers doing damage. At high levels, their range and damage is scarily deadly. In large numbers, they can even destroy SPAA.
      Amazing stacks tbh but veeeeeeeeeeeeery expensive. especially in terms of oil probably the best stacks for America in historical tho.
      "I don't know jeff!"

Chris kamara
    • Well as many players can tell you, the #1 priority as any doctrine is to max out your economy. With this done, producing such stacks is relatively easy.

The issue with allies is that they work off the theory of having units in small numbers but at an elite standard. Therefore, they don't really get any bonuses on cheaper units. Once again, as allies the key is to prioritize aerial superiority to allow usage of a ton of bombers.

If you are in a pinch, I would advise using some cheaper infantry and arties as a meat-shield until you can get out your bombers. But once again economy is key for victory with allies.
    • whowh wrote:

As in real life, the allied doctrine is designed for armies of highly mechanized units with huge huge huge amounts of bomber support.

for me i replace the medium tank with tank destroyers, since i rely on tactical for attacking unarmored, and sp art to attack enemy armor, the idea for mech infantry and tank destroyers is for to defend those artillery and air bases from enemy attacks.

Tank destroyers are not as versatile as medium tanks but the idea is having diferent unit cover each other weakness on the same army. Also they are cheaper, early for allies and with more terrain bonuses making them useful for atacking tanks on forest for example and Their high defence against armors made them useful for defending plains against tank armies.
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"