Supply lines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Supply lines

We need a supply line system drawn from capital to the troops.
      If troops are out of supplies they cant move ect. Troops without supply will slowly be drained untill they gone.

To many players are destroying this great game by moving all troops together and then go rampage in a straith line from asia pass russia and into german.

Setup a supply system that will prevent this and make the game even more fun and great to play.

I would like to experience a stalingrad scenario.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sniperwiking ().

• The same problem is that players have no province left, but they troops can fight after days without supply like nothing happens. :(

The moral of a troops without supply must be reduced every day-switch by 2-5%.

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
    • I've found that a player without territories cannot give orders to their units.
      A player without resources seem to be unable to repair any damage to their units.
      The further you are from the capital, the more the morale penalty for the provinces
      A defending player can easily cause huge casualties to an attacking player just through placement and using the correct number of units. For example, a heavy armour column of many tanks and aircraft CAN lose to a bunch of infantry or commandos, AT, Artillery and AA that have dug into a city. Delaying any further advance by maybe days allowing the defender to move troops up to take advantage of the now pinned units.
      It's not impossible, but it can be hard to pull off.
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • kalantigos, that was barely on topic. he wants a system that makes a nation that is too drawn out suffer morale. You are simply giving him strategic advice that can apply to many situations, not just the one described, and has almost nothing to do with what hes asking. and unless the game mechanics have changed in the last few months, non province players can issue orders. Playing as france once, i was destroyed by poland and spain. I had several naval units near polish occupied hamburg, as well as a few land units. My units were losing morale, i beleive, but i was able to capture hamburg for a few hours with my remaining land untis, and switch the targets my naval untis were firing at. poland eventually took back hamburg, though
    • Kalantigos wrote:

I've found that a player without territories cannot give orders to their units.
      Nope, they can give orders.

On toppic:
      Implementing supply lines to slow down progression. I don't know...

Actually defeating a player that puts all his units in 1 stack isn't that hard. Pick your moment to fight and invade with little groups of units. He might split up in order to save something or will continue and lose everything for sure.
    • Azkazan

The point with this, is not how to fight a huge army. The point is to fight a huge army that actually should be out of supplies if it cant draw a clear supply line back to the capital.

If we would have a functional supply line system we wont see any huge army walking from asia through Russia into europe ( Steal some Wine in France) and then of course highjack some boats and sail to UK ( rampage on Newcastle brewery ) hurry back to the harbor and highjack some new boats and then sail to USA.
    • Have you actually seen this in game though? by that time, I dont think any player could possibly have units left, and any they did would be on very low morale. so, i guess supply lines-or something to the same effect-are in game, cause units dont recover HP as well in lower morale provinces, and the farther from the capitol, the less morale provinces have. but yes, the strategy and tips posts were useless. he is asking for something to be implemented, not advice on strategy
    • Sniperwiking wrote:

Azkazan

The point with this, is not how to fight a huge army. The point is to fight a huge army that actually should be out of supplies if it cant draw a clear supply line back to the capital.

If we would have a functional supply line system we wont see any huge army walking from asia through Russia into europe ( Steal some Wine in France) and then of course highjack some boats and sail to UK ( rampage on Newcastle brewery ) hurry back to the harbor and highjack some new boats and then sail to USA.
      If we would need supply lines I think we would even see more huge armies marching forward. Players that march forward with many small armies will need to build a supply line for every army they march forward. Or all would run out of resources. I don't know if it would be possible to implement supply lines for big armies only and not for the small.

If we use some imagination, you can imagine the conqueror plundering the supplies found in the enemies provinces that it conquered (fuel, food, new shoes)